TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Let's try to have a discussion that doesn't involve who loves or hates the new series.

So what other stuff do you guys collect or like to watch or whatever?

Since I grew up in the 80's I'm a pretty big fan of most of those 80's properties. I thought I was done collecting G.I. Joe, I had a nice collection of O-rings, never really got into the 2000 era stuff... I tried to resist those 25th figures, but I really fell in love with them. I'm totally impressed with the level of detail in these modern era figures. I've finally decided to pull the plug on collecting them by not buying any Retalliation stuff. It's not because I dislike the line, but I'm running out of room so I had to stop somewhere, and the $10 price point seemed like a good excuse.

One of my all time favorite lines is the 200x MOTU series. Those figures are so detailed and beautifully sculpted, I don't even mind the lack of articulation. If that line was still being produced, I'd be all over it.

Currently watching The Wire, Deadwood, and True Blood. I really love what HBO and Showtime have done for storytelling on TV.

When I was a kid, whenever I was at home sick from school, I'd watch Ghostbusters (the first movie.) I rarely get sick anymore, but I was a couple of months ago and my wife put it in the DVD player before she left for work.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
test
You don't stand a chance
I was born in 85 and grew up on thundercats and WWF wrestling. My hero was always the.ultimate warrior so I also have a huge collection of Moc ultimate warrior figures alongside my thundercats.
I have pretty much all of the jakks classic superstar warriors Moc and my holy grail which is a signed with proof ultimate warrior ring giant Moc with certificate. But those are the only 2 figure lines I collect at the moment as I don't like having too many odd bits cluttering my displays .... Although its getting hard to resist the temptation of starting another figure line as I'm finding myself very drawn to the idea of collecting hot toys and final fantasy figures ..... I guess I just like to save the money and spend it on more thundercats or ultimate warriors lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
ShakesDaKlown
Thunder Kitty
In genereal, I'm a major Transformers nut. I collect Transformers: Prime toys. I'd collect a lot more than that if finances, space, and fiancee would allow. Beyond that, I really enjoy my 80's cartoon properties (T-Cats, Joe, TMNT, Silverhawks, etc.), horror films (especially Troma movies), and that's mostly it. I love wrestling from the 80's. Rowdy Roddy Piper was (is) still the best.
ShakesDaKlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Yup, my wife and I are big into horror films, the campier the better. The 80's produced such amazing-over-the-top gory movies.

What do you guys think of the latest TMNT reboot? I thought the last reworking was really great. It was dark, moody, but still occasionally silly, pretty much everything I want in a TMNT series (up until the end when they were time travelling and all that.) The new figures look sweet, and based on the new trailer, I think I'll enjoy the show a lot.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
ShakesDaKlown
Thunder Kitty
If you're talking the 2003-2007 turtle reboot, then yeah, I really dug that show. Haven't had a chance to watch all of them yet. If you're talking the last CG animated movie, I have yet to see it.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Yeah, 2003-07. I stopped watching around the time they "flashed forward" I think. Prior to that it was great. I prefer the design of that Shredder to the upcoming Nickelodian version. But other than Shredder, the designs look pretty solid on the Nick version.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
ShakesDaKlown
Thunder Kitty
Haven't actually checked out too much of the new one yet. From what I saw of some of the new toys, it looks like a pretty nice art style. Will have to keep my ears open for it.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
merlin
wizard
power rangers /sentai
nfl
godzilla
super robots
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
jackabina
Thunder Kitty
I'm a massive Star Wars fan. Collected a full run of loose figures, a few MOC's aswell.
I've nearly completed my vintage MOTU and Thundercats run. I just getting my sons into TMNT.
jackabina is offline   Reply With Quote