TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
If this were to happen, who could helm such a project? IT would, in my opinion, need to be someone who can work well with special effects, both practical and CG, and someone who can keep a story focused.

My personal pick would be Luc Besson. He directed the original La Femme Nikita, The Professional and The Fifth Element. He's an excellent story telling director, but can work with action and special effects very well. He's also an excellent writer, working on the titles mentioned above as well as District B13, The Transporter series and Taken.

Got someone better in mind? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
For some reason, Len Wiseman (Underworld series, Live Free or Die Hard) popped into my head.

I suppose the decision would also depend on what kind of tone the studio wants to set for the film. Would it be a serious, dark social-commentary film or more like an action adventure romp? Personally, I hope for a mix, but leaning slightly more in favor of the dark version.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Reeds
Thunderan Q-Wing Pilot
Del Toro.

Sure, it'll have swirly designs on most everything, could possibly be completely in Spanish, and we'll have to suffer through Ron Perlman as Lion-O but that man makes the truly most geeky fantasy stuff marketable to the widest audiences. And his flicks are so fun and iconic! If he signed on, he'd make it worth it.
Reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
LionO
Thundercat
Eh...James Cameron. He has the experiance for the motion capture.

Or even Zack Snyder.
LionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeds View Post
Del Toro.

Sure, it'll have swirly designs on most everything, could possibly be completely in Spanish, and we'll have to suffer through Ron Perlman as Lion-O but that man makes the truly most geeky fantasy stuff marketable to the widest audiences. And his flicks are so fun and iconic! If he signed on, he'd make it worth it.
And he's already been a cat-man once before.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Joe Moore
Administrator
Del-Toro is a good pick. He always has a fantastic sense of story in his films. Another guy that came to mind was Brad bird, director of The Incredibles.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
My top three would be:

1. J.J. Abrams
2. Zack Snyder
3. Terry Gilliam
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I've been thinking about it, and honestly, I would have to go with David Twohy.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #9
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
Jon Favreau. That is all.
ejrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
Panthro2005
Muttonchops FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeds View Post
Del Toro.

Actually Del toro is a pick I wouldn't really think of but after hearing it I think it would be really awesome to see his take on the matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionO View Post
Eh...James Cameron. He has the experiance for the motion capture.
To see James Cameron's take on thundercats watch the 2009 hit film avatar except there all blue.

But in all seriousness Zach Snyder,JJ Abbrams or Del Toro would be great picks as mentioned before. Snyder would probly be the one best for the job but Del Toro's would be cool
Panthro2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #11
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Just as long as Uwe Boll is kept far, far away from it.

Honestly, I just wish they would stop making live action movies based on cartoons. Why not make an animated movie based on a cartoon? (Case in point, the recent Winnie the Pooh movie, which is getting great reviews.) Then maybe half a thousand things won't have to be changed for it to "make sense."

Last edited by Balgus82; 08-08-2011 at 12:23 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
Panthro2005
Muttonchops FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Just as long as Uwe Boll is kept far, far away from it.

Honestly, I just wish they would stop making live action movies based on cartoons. Why not make an animated movie based on a cartoon? (Case in point, the recent Winnie the Pooh movie, which is getting great reviews.) Then maybe half a thousand things won't have to be changed for it to "make sense."
Yeah thundercats probly is best off in animation. Since every actor would have to wear tons of makeup it probly would set alot of actors off.
Panthro2005 is offline   Reply With Quote