TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #51
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I thought the they said all this stuff happen off screen according to the TCats crew. Cheetara has been chatting it up with jaga off screen this whole time.

I thought it was kind of stupid lion-o waits until the begining of 20 to mention mummra's sword. It seems that he has not said anything about legacy.

I would also guess lion-o said nothing about the trails.
Mayhaps the reboot needs a reboot...LOL.

*insert time machine here*
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #52
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Tygra and Cheetara could slip into the bag for a moment.
Lion-O and Pumyra could slip into the bag for a moment.
Wilykat and Wilykit slip into the bag and pick up a nasty smell.

Is there a microscope powerful enough on Third Earth for Tygra to find his "little guy?"
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #53
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
Since I've been told my "negative posting" about the drudgery of the new series isn't wanted, instead of saying anything, I'll just post this video, which does an adequate job of summarizing my thoughts after this episode.

Anyone who tells your posts aren't wanted should go perform an act of fellation on a loaded shotgun; the world would be a better place after the shotgun climaxes.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #54
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Destroyer View Post
I seem to recall 130 episodes of a certain cartoon in the 1980s had plenty of alleged "filler", and that turned out just fine :-)

Except for the fact that cartoon had no set episodic timeline structure so there really wasn't any filler at all. Each episode was it's own (outside of arcs like Trials) and didn't fit into an overall chain of episodes.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #55
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Mayhaps the reboot needs a reboot...LOL.

*insert time machine here*
That seems to be the growing opinion.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #56
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
That said, I found it funny how this episode actually had a really dark plot. A thief that tricks children into a life of crime with him and then blackmails them into never being able to leave his side while he uses them to assuage his own greed.

But since it was a kids show, they kept using this 'happy' music and acting like 'ha ha, we just robbed that nice shop-owner of his entire livelihood.'

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it's weird the crap we show kids.

Actually, Dickens used a similar formula in his classic Oliver Twist witht he character Artful Dodger. And of course there is also Pinocchio. Certain episodes of Are You Afriad of the Dark used it as well.

Still, good insight.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #57
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
everything is far superior to the original series. Not to mention this show is way better than 99% of the cartoons on tv these days.

Remember, opinions vary as do perceptions. Not everyone will regard the show as you do.

As to what's wrong with the show, there have been laundry lists posted about that. Again, some will agree with those points and others will not.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #58
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
To really get into, I'd have to seriously derail this thread; I had thought about starting a seperate thread, but figured it's just be seen as hateful posting, but this new series does so little for me, it's sad.

To start with a bit of background, http://www.thundercats.ws/re-watchin...l-cartoon-253/ so it's not like I'm some hardcore old school TC fan. With the new series, it had an absolutely fantastic opener, one of the best pilot episodes I'd seen in some time, cartoon or not. Song of the Petalars made me shed some tears. Old Friends gave us the other side of the story in the pilot and some background. Legacy gave us some cheesy bits, but also the new history for Third Earth and an overall story pattern.

And then the series started falling apart. The characters became plot props. The stories become tired, cliche, and worst of all, boring. That last part is a big one, as if it was really terrible, at least then I could point a finger and say, "I don't like that!" as opposed to shrugging and moving on. The fight choreography become flat and uninteresting. The plot holes grew bigger as the characterization shrank. The series story has become clumsy and amateurish with a story that advances at a pace that snails would laugh at.

This series has also comitted one of my cardinal sins of strife based TV in that it hasn't presented a credible villain. Mumm-ra isn't a threat in this series. The characters tells us he is, but he hasn't done anything to show it; in fact, quite the opposite, I wonder why everyone fears this incarnation of the character.

Contrast that with the classic series which was always interesting and presented perhaps the strongest villain of the 80's cartoon bunch. Mumm-ra beat the cats often, had a winning record in combat against Lion-O; even killing him in an episode! He'd trick them, he'd subjugate him, he'd teleport them to limbo. You always got something new or different in an episode. The Forest of Silence, berbils, and much more. Some of it was pretty out there, but at least they tried.

Honestly, this series is not only at the bottom of my list of cartoons that I watch, it's been on life support for quite some time.

Since you mentioned other shows, other cartoons I'm currently watching:
  • Avengers: EMH
  • Young Justice
  • Transformers: Rescue Bots
  • Green Lantern
  • Transformers: Prime

And a light shown down from haven and a voice said "This is friggin awesome!"
Old 05-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #59
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
That seems to be the growing opinion.
Not that I don't like the series. I love it. I think it could use a little brush up in some key aspects. Maybe it was easier to accept these things when we were 10 :P
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #60
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Lion-O: I think I can handle negotiations. Oh, right Dobo. You want biscuit boy, you want a biscuit?
Dobo: What the....
Lion-O: Have a biscuit. *Throws a biscuit at Dobo's face.*
Dobo: *Growls*
*Lion-O gets locked up in the Pit.*
Lion-O: How was I suppose to know he hates dollar store dog treats.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #61
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Not that I don't like the series. I love it. I think it could use a little brush up in some key aspects. Maybe it was easier to accept these things when we were 10 :P
to be very honest, the episodes feel like they're a throwback to the 80s where almost every episode was pretty much a standalone. Not saying that some cartoons aren't like that now as well but from the 1st 2 episodes, I got the impression we were going to get some sort of overall epic storyline instead of monster/episode of the week.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #62
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
to be very honest, the episodes feel like they're a throwback to the 80s where almost every episode was pretty much a standalone. Not saying that some cartoons aren't like that now as well but from the 1st 2 episodes, I got the impression we were going to get some sort of overall epic storyline instead of monster/episode of the week.
Right now it seems like there's some kind of balancing act going on between the ongoing conflict and the side-episodes that might contribute plot-devices to the main story.

Thing is, would you be happier without an episode dedicated to the Kittens? I kinda thought the idea was to sell their toys so you give them that bit of extra attention on occasion.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #63
Sining
Thunder Kitty
see 1st page. I want an episode featuring a kittens to , you know, actually advance them as characters, find more clues on el dorado, see more of their backstory, maybe have their mom looking for them etc.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #64
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
see 1st page. I want an episode featuring a kittens to , you know, actually advance them as characters, find more clues on el dorado, see more of their backstory, maybe have their mom looking for them etc.
I just feel like they reserving El Dara for the next stone. It's not really something they can use yet.

Their mom is probably too busy taking care of the other two kids to be going after them as well.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #65
Sining
Thunder Kitty
4 episodes left (assuming this season is 13 eps as well). i'm not sure they can afford to keep delaying everything and assuming there will be a second season for them to resolve plot points. They don't even need to go to El Dara, they can end up finding info about el dara, which they haven't been doing at all since ...ep1.

There are a lot of ways they can drag in their backstory without having the mom there. Look at the survival episode. The mom wasn't physically there but they got fleshed out as characters. Maybe more flashbacks or maybe someone they knew from back then who was a friend of their family sees them.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #66
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
4 episodes left (assuming this season is 13 eps as well). i'm not sure they can afford to keep delaying everything and assuming there will be a second season for them to resolve plot points.
They made season 1 pretty much expecting a second season. The episodes were already written months ago and aside from some ADR work and last minute things like that it's pretty much in the can. You make it sound like they'd be able to go and change part of the episodes before they air. I agree I would've liked more info on El Dora instead of the Oliver Twist thing, but they wrote what they wrote.

I do hope (if a second season is coming) that they've taken some of the fan criticisms to heart about pacing issues and things like that, but it wouldn't be addressed until the next season.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #67
Sining
Thunder Kitty
No, I don't mean they can change part of the episodes but basically the way they wrote the episodes, they're delaying everything assuming there's a season 2. Which there might not be.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #68
L08e16o
Quote:
4 episodes left (assuming this season is 13 eps as well). i'm not sure they can afford to keep delaying everything and assuming there will be a second season for them to resolve plot points. They don't even need to go to El Dara, they can end up finding info about el dara, which they haven't been doing at all since ...ep1.

There are a lot of ways they can drag in their backstory without having the mom there. Look at the survival episode. The mom wasn't physically there but they got fleshed out as characters. Maybe more flashbacks or maybe someone they knew from back then who was a friend of their family sees them.
I think they wrote this with the intention of 52 episodes.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #69
Balgus82
The Thundercats FB page just released a synopsis of the next episode.

"When Mumm-Ra unleashes the deadly Sycorax upon them, the Thundercats must turn to an unlikely savior - a snake oil salesman named Ponzi whose potion is the only thing that repels the beast. Ponzi also provides Lion-O some helpful romantic advice as he begins to pursue Pumyra"
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #70
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Speaking of remakes, so can we get the Robot Chicken sketch where Mumm-ra was Ms. Doubtfire to kill the cats and all the voices are changed to the new show.

I'm also expecting a Thundercats spoof where Lion-O is voiced the same as Ron Stoppable.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #71
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post

"When Mumm-Ra unleashes the deadly Sycorax upon them, the Thundercats must turn to an unlikely savior - a snake oil salesman named Ponzi whose potion is the only thing that repels the beast. Ponzi also provides Lion-O some helpful romantic advice as he begins to pursue Pumyra"
I don't think there's going to be a lot of pursuing, she's already let him know he should move on to "someone else", LMAO.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #72
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Ponzi also provides Lion-O some helpful romantic advice as he begins to pursue Pumyra
Please, no. Let this be only for this episode.
It would be unbearable if Lion-O turned into a silly flirt like Tygra, spewing corny lines throughout the entire episode.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #73
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think there's going to be a lot of pursuing, she's already let him know he should move on to "someone else", LMAO.
But she changes how she was acting to him really quick in the next episode.

Last edited by L08e16o; 05-25-2012 at 08:19 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #74
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
But she changes how she was acting to him really quick in the next episode.
Would that mean an up and down relationship then?

Then they pull a 180 on us, Bengali comes over and sweeps off her feet.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #75
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
I think that's going to be the source of much confusion, he's going to try chasing after her like he has something to prove when she's already waiting to hurry up and get on with it.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #76
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

this summary is not filling me with confidence. In fact it's more of a 'DO NOT WANT'

Where to start? A snake oil salesman named Ponzi? Really? It's like some writer thought he was being really clever by combining all those references together. Too bad the actual writing won't match up to the any implied humor -_- Also, Lion-O pursuing Pumyra? Let the random pairings begin.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #77
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
I strongly, STRONGLY dislike any episode that had Kit and Kat as the focal point. They have been worthless episodes again and again.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote