TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Sightings

Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this thread to post what you find, and where! Let your fellow collectors know what's up. Minor local discussion is ok, but try to keep it focused on the toys and finding them locally.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Thunderian
Pouncing Tiger Meow
I'm glad there is now a board for Thundercats. Another favorite show/Toy line of mine!!! Can't wait to find all the cool new toys!!!
Thunderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #3
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Welcome to all Michiganders!
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I guess I get to be the first to report. TRU at 14 and John-R has some of everything. Regular and deluxe small scale figures, the sword, the tiny sword and tiny gauntlet, the Thundertank, and the classic figures.

Unfortunately they only had Tigra left from the Classic figures, no Lion-O.

The 6 inch new series Mumm-Ra tempted me for some time, but I passed.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
Hey hey my fellow thundarians! the TRU on masonic and gratiot (roseville) has them all except 4 in. cheetara tonight. Still have a classics lion-o after i picked one up. Go get em!
Might Beyond Sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #6
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
Just joined the forum myself -- Went to the TRU off Schoenherr (Lakeside Circle) day before last and did not see them, nor did I see a shelf space set for them. Went to K-Mart on Garfield today, found nothing, and same for Target on 14 & Gratiot. Looking for the 4" mainly (Ordered 6" off Amazon, and Classics off Entertainment Earth), and possibly one Tygra classic to open for display. Good luck everyone!
dbox183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Might Beyond Sight View Post
Hey hey my fellow thundarians! the TRU on masonic and gratiot (roseville) has them all except 4 in. cheetara tonight. Still have a classics lion-o after i picked one up. Go get em!
Did they have the 14" Mezco figure also, or just the Bandai figures? I know double posting is typically a no-no on forums, so I apologize in advance.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbox183 View Post
Did they have the 14" Mezco figure also, or just the Bandai figures? I know double posting is typically a no-no on forums, so I apologize in advance.
My bad. No mezco, just bandai. Good luck hunting!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Found a bit of everything at the TRU in Kalamazoo and Jackson...no 14" Mezco Lion-O though! Happy hunting!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
Finally a bit of good news -- TRU at Schoenherr and Hall (Sterling Heights) had nothing on the shelf, so I decided to ask an employee if they had any of the new Thundercats line. I guess the day before they put out some, and I didn't see any on the shelf, so I asked if he could check the Roseville store for me -- He said he'd do that AND look in the back. Found a box of 4" figures unopened! I took Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, and Panthro - but the rest were going on the shelf.

All they had was that box of 4" -- No Classics, 6", Mezco, Deluxe, etc., etc. - Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by dbox183; 08-15-2011 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Extra info.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Found some more of the Bandai stuff at Walmart on 9th St in Kalamazoo last week!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
TRU on Gratiot and Masonic (Roseville) finally had some stuff in -- Some 4", some 6", Large Role Playing Sword, all of the smaller vehicles, and the Thundertank.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Livonia TRU had Classics and 6" 2011 T-cats yesterday. Still nothing at Wal-mart or K-mart around here
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #14
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Just FYI, the Wal-mart at 14 and Van Dyke has Thundercats on the shelves, though they seem to be going through them fast.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #15
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
Has anyone seen the Classics 8 inch Lion-o anywhere?
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I had seen the Classic 8" Liono at Walmart in Okemos, but that was a few weeks ago. The toysrus also had some.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by adssse View Post
I had seen the Classic 8" Liono at Walmart in Okemos, but that was a few weeks ago. The toysrus also had some.
No kidding?! I had no idea Walfart's sold them. I thought they were Toys r us exclusives only! Thanks! Now I know to check different stores other than just TRU.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #18
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
There is always this if you don't feel like burning the gas.

Amazon.com: ThunderCats Lion-O 8" Collector Figure Classic: Toys & Games
Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 AM   #19
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru of the Takaguro Dojo View Post
Has anyone seen the Classics 8 inch Lion-o anywhere?
I haven't been there in a while, but the Walmart at 14 and Van Dyke used to have several pegs of them.

Walmart and TRU are both major distributors, Target won't carry the line in stores until next year.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
I haven't been there in a while, but the Walmart at 14 and Van Dyke used to have several pegs of them.

Walmart and TRU are both major distributors, Target won't carry the line in stores until next year.
That one used to be my favorite to go to, but now I live too far away from it. They always had their shelves overflowing with hard to find toys.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #21
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
The target in sterling heights (15 mile and Van Dyke) has one of both of the new 6" classics Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. I left both and forgot to check the price. The paint job looks better on this lion-o, but I still wasn't interested.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
The Target at 14 and John-4 also has (had?) some of the 6 inch classics and a few deluxe and regular 4 inch figures.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
The Walmart in Lansing, MI (on Lake Lansing Rd) has 6 in classics and the new 12" gold suit Lion-O.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Target in Dearborn Heights has the 6" classics now too.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
New 6 inch Classics and 12 inch Armor of Omens at Walmart on 9th St in Kalamazoo! :]
Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #26
JTKranix
Thunder Kitty
So this is a couple of weeks old now - I didn't know there was a sightings thread. I picked up the Mumm-Ra Storm Charger at the Fowlerville Wal-Mart. The Howell Wal-Mart had a bunch of 8" Classic Tygra's on clearance for $8.40 - no Lion-O's.

Fowlerville had the Claudus wave at some point, only things left were the v2 Lion-O. I did see the Claudus wave at the West Lansing Wal-Mart this past weekend, they had v2 Lion-O, v2 Panthro and Mumm-Ra. Claudus was already gone. I picked him up almost two months ago at the West Lansing Wal-Mart but haven't seen him since.
JTKranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
JTKranix
Thunder Kitty
Oh, also - The Charlotte Wal-Mart had no Thundercats stuff at all. Not even the little Sword of Omens. They had no peg space labeled for them either, weird!
JTKranix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks for the info. I almost stopped at the Fowlerville Walmart on my way down I96 over the weekend. Unfortunately I had a little fender bender and never made it over there.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
If anyone is seeing 4" thundercats figs on clearance, could you please list the prices? I am thinking about getting into the 4" scale because there are more characters and possibly good prices. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #30
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I believe the Lansing Target had the 4" wave 1 for $5.99
Old 06-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
Hey everyone. I have just pre-ordered a case of 4 of the modern 6" figures (1 Lion-o, 1-Cheetara, 2-Tygra's) on BBTS. I only want one Tygra and one Cheetara out of the 4 figures. If someone here is interested in the remaining Tygra and/or Lion-O and lives close to East Lansing/Lansing or Metro Detroit area (near Roseville or Sterling Heights), I would be willing to meet-up with you and sell you the figures. I will use this method of transaction only because I do not use paypal. Once I obtain the case, I will sell the Tygra for $20 and the Lion-O for $15. If you are interested, please PM me and we can work something out. The first person that PM's me will get the first opportunity at buying the figure(s). Take care.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Hey everyone. I have just pre-ordered a case of 4 of the modern 6" figures (1 Lion-o, 1-Cheetara, 2-Tygra's) on BBTS. I only want one Tygra and one Cheetara out of the 4 figures. If someone here is interested in the remaining Tygra and/or Lion-O and lives close to East Lansing/Lansing or Metro Detroit area (near Roseville or Sterling Heights), I would be willing to meet-up with you and sell you the figures. I will use this method of transaction only because I do not use paypal. Once I obtain the case, I will sell the Tygra for $20 and the Lion-O for $15. If you are interested, please PM me and we can work something out. The first person that PM's me will get the first opportunity at buying the figure(s). Take care.
Cool of you to offer
Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #33
Might Beyond Sight
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
UPDATE: The offer for my remaining Tygra is no longer available.