TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 05-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #51
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
Cheetara is no victim, there's no way she can be that dim not to have known the game she was playing. Pumyra is impressed by his fighting skills. This is going to end badly for the Lion O, just like Cheetara's douchebag boyfriend said at the first of the ep. And what kind of horrible person would say that to his girlfriend anyway? there's no excuse. I don't understand how ANYONE can be a fan of this character. Slythe has more redeeming qualities.
No it is lion-o's fault according to some.

I think it will end badly too. He will probably do something stupid (something we already seen and thought he learned from) to impress her in combat.

Bengali will probably swoop in with amazing fighting skills and sweep pumyra off her feet. Lion-o will be 0 for 2 to the tigers. MJ dream will be complete.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Cheetara was trying to be a friend to Lion-O in a time where he literally lost everything and had a huge burden placed on him. After that he took the group on a suicide mission to hunt a giant creature.

The whole is she in love with me or not can be debated, the main fault point is that no one asked. Lion-O or Tygra could have asked Cheetara since they had all the time in the world walking together, camping, and etc.

Lion-O has been a douchebag on a number of occasions all the way up to the Trials. Then it fizzled down to a small amount only to flare up a bit when he clashes with Pumyra.

Lion-O doesn't have a good track record with the ladies. He'll ogle any girl he finds attractive. He treated Cheetara with scorn about the whole choosing Tygra and the betrayal prophecy that elephant monk put in his head. Finally, he tried to slip Pumyra a drug to get close to her.
Lion-O, Lion-O, Lion-O…
Lion-O may deserve some of the blame, but not all of it.

Pumyra recognised that Lion-O liked Cheetara in a single episode. Cheetara spends 13 episodes with Lion-O and she didn’t realise he liked her?
I would have thought that being a Cleric would entail having good observational skills? Either way it doesn’t make Cheetara look good.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #53
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Lion-O, Lion-O, Lion-O…
Lion-O may deserve some of the blame, but not all of it.

Pumyra recognised that Lion-O liked Cheetara in a single episode. Cheetara spends 13 episodes with Lion-O and she didn’t realise he liked her?
I would have thought that being a Cleric would entail having good observational skills? Either way it doesn’t make Cheetara look good.
Let's not talk in absolutes here. The only one who DID NOT contribute to this mess is Panthro. Really....

They all had a hand in this dilemma called the love triangle. Pumyra's now in it too. She may have had better observational skills since she's probably had more experience in the romance department. Who knows? An outside observer may be better at it than the people who are actually involved in the whole thing. It's like a mental disorder, the people who are crazy typically (what my professor always reminded us, "If you think you're nuts, chances are, you are not.") don't know they are, its the outside folks who tell them that there's something wrong.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #54
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Your hate for lion-o kills me.

It is always lion-o's fault with you in everything you post.

A friend doesn't do what she did to him. Hell, she went to tygra when she knew what she was doing. A friend would have let him known instead of him find out on his own.

That was the writers making lion-o do that to make tygra act that way.
I don't hate Lion-O, I'm just calling him out how I see him and how he carries the lives of the group in his hands.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #55
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Let's not talk in absolutes here. The only one who DID NOT contribute to this mess is Panthro. Really....

They all had a hand in this dilemma called the love triangle. Pumyra's now in it too. She may have had better observational skills since she's probably had more experience in the romance department. Who knows? An outside observer may be better at it than the people who are actually involved in the whole thing. It's like a mental disorder, the people who are crazy typically (what my professor always reminded us, "If you think you're nuts, chances are, you are not.") don't know they are, its the outside folks who tell them that there's something wrong.
The part about Pumyra’s previous romantic life is conjecture. It may or may not be true. Anyway, it’s not particularly relevant.

Someone was claiming that Cheetara was completely innocent, that she was a “victim” in all this. No she wasn’t, and some portion of the blame for this “triangle” should be assigned to her.

Let me put it like this:

-Lion-O alone is not to blame for the triangle.

-In “Between Brothers” (BB) Cheetara admits that she was the source of some the brothers’ rivalry.

-The question is, when exactly did she realise this.

-If she realised this before BB but still continued providing “support” to Lion-O, then she was unfair to Lion-O because she had made her choice years ago. If he did not stand a chance, she should have made that clear and stopped sending him “mixed signals.”

-If she did not realise it until BB when she was told what happened in the Astral Plane then she’s just socially inept.

This is also how the writers really ruined Cheetara’s character.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #56
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
That was funny! I liked the episode - Pumyra's face, some of TOS animated homage moves and jumps from Tygra and Lion-O, Tygra's feelings after the love potion (which seems the only one, that really works!). Com'on guys, deep in Pumyra's heart, she love Lion-O, but won't admit it.

PS: I loooove Pumyra - she's a better character than Cheetara. Her raspy voice fits too. Rooar!

Last edited by Thunderian scholar; 05-26-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #57
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The part about Pumyra’s previous romantic life is conjecture. It may or may not be true. Anyway, it’s not particularly relevant.

Someone was claiming that Cheetara was completely innocent, that she was a “victim” in all this. No she wasn’t, and some portion of the blame for this “triangle” should be assigned to her.

Let me put it like this:

-Lion-O alone is not to blame for the triangle.

-In “Between Brothers” (BB) Cheetara admits that she was the source of some the brothers’ rivalry.

-The question is, when exactly did she realise this.

-If she realised this before BB but still continued providing “support” to Lion-O, then she was unfair to Lion-O because she had made her choice years ago. If he did not stand a chance, she should have made that clear and stopped sending him “mixed signals.”

-If she did not realise it until BB when she was told what happened in the Astral Plane then she’s just socially inept.

This is also how the writers really ruined Cheetara’s character.
All three of them do deserve a certain amount of the blame, the origin of triangle started because Cheetara decided to be supportive to Lion-O. Tygra decided to let his jealous behavior get the best of him. Lion-O just assumed she wanted him in blissful ignorance. However when it's all said and done, Cheetara came out looking like a manipulative woman who was playing with their emotions and betrayed Lion-O. Tygra got his girl. Lion-O was the victim within the right to lash out at Cheetara. Cheetara became the victim for all the blame and scorn for the whole triangle.

Between Brothers because of circumstances by the brothers to come forward with it. They nearly killed each other because they didn't have the sense to ask. The romance was just part of the list of issues they had.

The biggest problem with the triangle is that Cheetara was doing all of this "flirting" work. Lion-O didn't really flirt back with her like how he was with Pumyra. For a chance of romance to work, it requires both partners to do their share of the work. It really wasn't until she got with Tygra that we see how she really flirts.

The most damage the Triangle did was how Lion-O in the following 2 episodes after Tygra/Cheetara coupled, allowed his anger fuel his decisions. Both times in succession, the enemies were able to surprise the group.

Last edited by Singe; 05-26-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #58
Sirokos2000
Thunder Kitty
Great mix of action and comedy!!!
Sirokos2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #59
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
it feels like they're just pairing people off now because they can be paired off. See the end of young justice s1. What next? A female panther for panthro will be introduced?
No a cpu with a female voice fitted to the thunder tank for panthro
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #60
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
First episode I liked tygra, but he was back to his d%%k self at the end.

It kills me with the writing, it took a flower and almost killing lion-o to get cheetara, but lion-o has to go 4 episodes or more for pumyra. Still think she is better for tygra, she was only impressed with lion-o for is combat.

There was some funny parts, pumyra's face and tygra. But looked like a stand alone episode.

Not impressed.
Tygra and cheetara at least knew each other, pumyra seems to be a complete stranger when they met. Na she might fit better with cheetara .The real tygra revealed .
Old 05-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #61
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So the Mumm-saur was defeated by a giant butterfly? I wonder what would've happened if they used that love potion on him?
If they used the love potion on mumm-ra to say he would've come undone "bandages and what not" would be an understatement both shocking and funny
Old 05-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #62
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
When I saw them fighting I was like Mothra vs Godzilla!
Yup. Umm so was that crytonite or the main ingredient for an ever living potion ?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #63
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Loved the inclusion of the original theme when Lion-o squared off the first time with Mummrasuar. I did lol at the Ponzi scheme reference.
Man!!!!! that was the best part of the show period. Thats what the show was missing.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #64
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
So mumm-ra is out in the day time now I guess the writers are afraid by only coming out at night he would look like a dirty old ever living perv with the romance that seems to be going on

Last edited by Big Snarf; 05-26-2012 at 08:39 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #65
stac
Thunder Kitty
Parts of the episode were good. The music and animation were really great, especially in a certain places like the fight scenes. Tygra’s antics were genuinely funny; Mathew Mercer is the only good thing about Tygra. First episode I’ve really liked Tygra but sadly he was back to his usual self at the end. Tygra seems to be getting nastier as the show progresses – some of his comments were quite cruel.

And then there are the negatives:

-In addition to characterisation and romance, we can add pacing as another area in which this show has a problem. This episode, especially after the last one, wasn’t necessary at this point in the season.

-Lucy, I Choose You!

-They haven’t shown really us anything regarding Cheetara and Lion-O’s relationship, especially after “New Alliances.” Are we to assume everything went back to normal off-screen?

-Lion-O just wakes up one episode and decides to pursue Pumyra. He even drops the “never met anyone like her” line.

-Pumyra, on the other hand, left hints about “moving on” and now she’s just indifferent to him until the end? I thought Pumyra appearing bipolar was unintentional but they clearly have little talent for characterisation, and are even worse at handling romance.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #66
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Along the same lines, I found Cheetara’s comment about Pumyra not being “very nice” to be hypocritical. Look at who Cheetara is with, Tygra – a jerk of epic proportions. Who is she to judge Pumyra?
Setting the stage for the ca fight. Pumyra comes over and says I heard you were talking about me and the its POW!!! right in the kisser, poor cheetara if she had her sixth sense or sight beyond sight she may have seen it coming
Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #67
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Tygra and cheetara at least knew each other, pumyra seems to be a complete stranger when they met. Na she might fit better with cheetara .The real tygra revealed .
They really don't know each other. They just had that flash back.

I can just see a H doujinshi.

Last edited by L08e16o; 05-26-2012 at 09:42 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #68
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Romances can be hinted and shown some, but keep all the work off screen. It wastes time in the show as nothing but trouble.
Hmm, are you saying that they shouldn't show any romantic developments at all in the show and have everything occur offscreen just that suddenly "hey, these 2 guys are going out"? That probably wouldn't be a good idea. Because a) you want the viewers to CARE about the developments and the characters and to do that, you need to be able to properly develop them and have them grow in front of the viewers. Look at YJ, lots of people cared about the wally/artemis ship because they took 1 whole season to develop it onscreen (and then kinda dropped them in s2.....) b) Show not tell. That's pretty much one of the basics of good storytelling.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #69
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Pretty disappointing episode but Pumayra's swollen face and Tygra's love crazy antics made me laugh heartily several times.

I liked the throwback to Lion-o taking on the Sycko thing (or whatever it's called) and the animation matching the classic opening where he does a backflip and hold out the sword.

The whole Sycko thing really didnt add much to the story and was rather offputting. Didnt add to the overall story arc either.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #70
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
This episode to me was the closest the NS has gotten to the feel of the OS. We had strange creatures (Lucy), an interesting character (Ponzy the Wallow), Mummra using the Mummra Saurus to fight the cats in broad daylight, good fighting scenes, good music, and some silliness with Tygra. The one thing that just didn't fit into all of it was Lion-o chasing Pumyra. Thundercats DOES NOT NEED romantic story lines. You can "hint" at it as previously said, but we don't need actual story lines. The episode would have been perfect with just showing the kiss at the end.

The absolute BEST part of the episode was Lion-o fighting with the OS theme in the background. They need to do MORE of that! We also got a Thundercats HO. Why has it taken 23 episodes to get the goods? Here is hoping they keep throwing that stuff in.

All in all a pretty good episode and yeah, I also thought of Godzilla Vs Mothra as I am a big Toho fan.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #71
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
I also thought of Godzilla Vs Mothra as I am a big Toho fan.
Glad to see I wasnt the only one that thought this.

I turned to my wife and asked, "What is this? Godzilla vs. Mothra?"
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #72
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Glad to see I wasnt the only one that thought this.

I turned to my wife and asked, "What is this? Godzilla vs. Mothra?"
As soon as I saw this episode contained both a large lizard-like creature and a caterpillar I knew what was coming. When she turned into a cocoon my reaction was "Oh boy, here we go!"
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #73
Epitaph
The Hidden One
While I liked parts of this episode, I agree with most of the posters that it felt...off. Nothing has really felt fresh or new about the new Thundercats since the Trials of Lion-O. The humour at the beginning was cute (Pumyra's face killed me), but that's really where it should have stayed. I like my Thundercats funny, but not when they should be worrying about the giant sand monster trying to squish them!

I think the writers have failed at keeping the urgent tone that the first 13 episodes had. Although they are in the same situation, and with the Sword of Plundarr in Mumm-Ra's hands, things may have even gotten worse, but they're still a disorganized species divided into sects and more or less leaderless, since Lion-O still has not made any real moves towards galvanizing his people to fight (what happened after he set them free? Do they even have anywhere to go? Mumm-ra's forces are still everywhere, who will protect them?) The Cats have made strides, but their situation is a bad one.

And although I've enjoyed the addition of Pumyra (she's so different from Cheetara, and so rough around the edges, although occasionally I get frustrated with the way she seems so jaded, and yet still expects Lion-O to fix everything for her, or he's not a worthy king), I don't feel the group has made any headway in their development either. Lion-O's growth seems stalled, and Tygra and Cheetara don't seem to do much anymore besides make goo goo eyes at each other, and occasionally serve as support in battles. Panthro is still Panthro (and thank heavens for that!)

I don't have a problem with Lion-O pursuing Pumyra, despite his rejection by Cheetara. He is, after all, supposed to be a teenage boy. I'm generalizing here, but in high school, bouncing from one relationship to another wasn't all that uncommon. Very few people found 'true love' in high school, rather someone they enjoyed being with at the time. But I don't think the relationship between the two of them should be shoved down our throats the way it has been. Hints are fun, obvious devotion to a romantic plot? Not so much.

I did enjoy Tygra being a doofus. I could totally see him chasing bugs like that as a child. But it felt out of place with the giant-monster-coming-to-eat-you thing. If they were going to do a filler episode with Lion-O's love life and silly potions, I kind of wish they had done it, but left the killer monster to another episode.

The animation, at least, continues to improve with every episode. The sequence where Lion-O fought the Sycorax near the beginning of the episode was gorgeous. Really loved that.

"If you can't beat 'em, run 'em over!!" Again, thank goodness for Panthro XD I never seem to have any complaints about him. Also, the caterpillar Lucy was completely adorable. I want one <3

Tygra's line at the end was also somehow refreshingly Tygra. And Lion-O's resigned attitude to a drugged Tygra? Made me smile. It's nice to see him with the 'Sigh, my brother is an idiot' attitude once in a while.

tl; dr: I feel like the writers need to get the characters' heads back in the game, and remember that they're fighting an evil tyrant for the survival of their race and the safety of their planet. I don't mind filler episodes, I really liked the ones that gave Tygra and Kit and Kat's backstory. But they should be done in a way that doesn't let us forget that we're on a mission to save the world.

...Whew. Sorry for the long post ^^;;
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #74
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Hmm, are you saying that they shouldn't show any romantic developments at all in the show and have everything occur offscreen just that suddenly "hey, these 2 guys are going out"? That probably wouldn't be a good idea. Because a) you want the viewers to CARE about the developments and the characters and to do that, you need to be able to properly develop them and have them grow in front of the viewers. Look at YJ, lots of people cared about the wally/artemis ship because they took 1 whole season to develop it onscreen (and then kinda dropped them in s2.....) b) Show not tell. That's pretty much one of the basics of good storytelling.
Let's face it, the triangle was a big waste of time that did nothing more than make all three of them look bad and make people angry.

Tygra and Cheetara romance fits nicely with the show. They are together and when the show permits, we get to see their loving moment.

Today's episode kinda just wasted any chance of progressing the story. All it was about is Lion-O and Pumyra not that they had their own episode two weeks ago. It could have been better to give someone in the group a chance like Cheetara and Pumyra to have some girl time.

Pumyra has gotten a lot more up front time.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #75
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
tl; dr: I feel like the writers need to get the characters' heads back in the game, and remember that they're fighting an evil tyrant for the survival of their race and the safety of their planet.
The “Evil Tyrant” stopped being a credible threat quite some time ago. Just look at this latest episode, Mumm-Ra, the epitome of evil, was beaten by a cute little butterfly!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #76
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
The “Evil Tyrant” stopped being a credible threat quite some time ago. Just look at this latest episode, Mumm-Ra, the epitome of evil, was beaten by a cute little butterfly!
To be fair Mumm-Ra isn't the epitome of evil, he's its baby.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #77
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
While I liked parts of this episode, I agree with most of the posters that it felt...off. Nothing has really felt fresh or new about the new Thundercats since the Trials of Lion-O. The humour at the beginning was cute (Pumyra's face killed me), but that's really where it should have stayed. I like my Thundercats funny, but not when they should be worrying about the giant sand monster trying to squish them!

I think the writers have failed at keeping the urgent tone that the first 13 episodes had. Although they are in the same situation, and with the Sword of Plundarr in Mumm-Ra's hands, things may have even gotten worse, but they're still a disorganized species divided into sects and more or less leaderless, since Lion-O still has not made any real moves towards galvanizing his people to fight (what happened after he set them free? Do they even have anywhere to go? Mumm-ra's forces are still everywhere, who will protect them?) The Cats have made strides, but their situation is a bad one.

And although I've enjoyed the addition of Pumyra (she's so different from Cheetara, and so rough around the edges, although occasionally I get frustrated with the way she seems so jaded, and yet still expects Lion-O to fix everything for her, or he's not a worthy king), I don't feel the group has made any headway in their development either. Lion-O's growth seems stalled, and Tygra and Cheetara don't seem to do much anymore besides make goo goo eyes at each other, and occasionally serve as support in battles. Panthro is still Panthro (and thank heavens for that!)

I don't have a problem with Lion-O pursuing Pumyra, despite his rejection by Cheetara. He is, after all, supposed to be a teenage boy. I'm generalizing here, but in high school, bouncing from one relationship to another wasn't all that uncommon. Very few people found 'true love' in high school, rather someone they enjoyed being with at the time. But I don't think the relationship between the two of them should be shoved down our throats the way it has been. Hints are fun, obvious devotion to a romantic plot? Not so much.

I did enjoy Tygra being a doofus. I could totally see him chasing bugs like that as a child. But it felt out of place with the giant-monster-coming-to-eat-you thing. If they were going to do a filler episode with Lion-O's love life and silly potions, I kind of wish they had done it, but left the killer monster to another episode.

The animation, at least, continues to improve with every episode. The sequence where Lion-O fought the Sycorax near the beginning of the episode was gorgeous. Really loved that.

"If you can't beat 'em, run 'em over!!" Again, thank goodness for Panthro XD I never seem to have any complaints about him. Also, the caterpillar Lucy was completely adorable. I want one <3

Tygra's line at the end was also somehow refreshingly Tygra. And Lion-O's resigned attitude to a drugged Tygra? Made me smile. It's nice to see him with the 'Sigh, my brother is an idiot' attitude once in a while.

tl; dr: I feel like the writers need to get the characters' heads back in the game, and remember that they're fighting an evil tyrant for the survival of their race and the safety of their planet. I don't mind filler episodes, I really liked the ones that gave Tygra and Kit and Kat's backstory. But they should be done in a way that doesn't let us forget that we're on a mission to save the world.

...Whew. Sorry for the long post ^^;;
i agree with everything you just said and i also hope the writers get back on track in terms of main plot of the series. the season is nearing it's end with about only three episodes left and filler episodes shouldn't be shown at this point in the season.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #78
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Let's face it, the triangle was a big waste of time that did nothing more than make all three of them look bad and make people angry.

Tygra and Cheetara romance fits nicely with the show. They are together and when the show permits, we get to see their loving moment.

Today's episode kinda just wasted any chance of progressing the story. All it was about is Lion-O and Pumyra not that they had their own episode two weeks ago. It could have been better to give someone in the group a chance like Cheetara and Pumyra to have some girl time.

Pumyra has gotten a lot more up front time.
It fits in nicely because the writers have done 'show not tell' (except for the beginning. It fits in nicely because of 1 flashback which the writers have then expounded upon with other scenes. It could have been Panthro in the flashback and if the ensuing scenes supported it, it would still have fit into the show. Without any support or developments in the show whatsoever, romance in shows make NO SENSE.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #79
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It fits in nicely because the writers have done 'show not tell' (except for the beginning. It fits in nicely because of 1 flashback which the writers have then expounded upon with other scenes. It could have been Panthro in the flashback and if the ensuing scenes supported it, it would still have fit into the show. Without any support or developments in the show whatsoever, romance in shows make NO SENSE.
The pace of the show we see is all tied into Lion-O. If Lion-O is pursing tail, then he not looking for the stones and the story isn't moving any where.

Tygra ans Cheetara work because they get a moment in the show and then step into the background.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #80
Epitaph
The Hidden One
Quote:
True. Still, I like butterflies, but if one the size of a house comes after me, I'm running.

How exactly did he turn to crystal, again? (Mumm-ra, not Lucy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
To be fair Mumm-Ra isn't the epitome of evil, he's its baby.
XD The love child of evil?

Sidenote, why do I have a feeling that rather than fight Mumm-Ra, though that will certainly happen, the Boss Fight will be against the Ancient Spirits of Evil?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #81
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
I was disappointed with this episode, seems like lately quite a few episodes disappoint me. This one had some funny parts in it but that wasn’t enough to save it.
The animation seems really sloppy.
The characters seem all over the place at least from episode to episode.
I mean you go from Pumyra hating Lion-o to flirting with Lion-o and now she’s indifferent to Lion-o and she’s only been in three episodes. And now Lion-o all of a sudden likes Pumyra, it just feels weird and rushed. To me the side characters in these episodes are more interesting than the permanent characters. My favorite character so far been the drifter.
I’m not bashing it because I’m a fan of the original, I’ve never seen the original.
maybe I’m just expecting too much from a cartoon. With every Saturday morning that rolls around I get more nervous wondering if it be a good episode or a bad episode.

Last edited by nickanu; 05-27-2012 at 08:25 AM..
nickanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #82
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Mumm-ra coming after the TC in the body of a monster with none of his army support. He could have overwhelm and crushed them.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #83
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Am I the only one who remembers when this show had a plot? Or what happened before in the series?

After watching Mothra kill Godzilla, I wondered if I was alone there in remembering those kinds of things.

If there weren't three episodes left, I'd toss in the towel at this point and part ways with the new ThunderCat series, but being a glutton for punishment (It would seem), I'll ride out these final three episodes and be done. (Like Cartoon Network! Bazinga!)
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #84
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So the Mumm-saur was defeated by a giant butterfly? I wonder what would've happened if they used that love potion on him?
You know that might have made for a more interesting episode, LMAO!

Kaynar *running for his life and nearly tripping*
Atticus: What's wrong?
Kaynar: Mumm-RA!
Atticus: Did you try to eat one of his soldiers again?
Kaynar: HE'S RUNNING AROUND GIVING EVERYONE A HUG!!!!! EEEW!
Mumm-Ra: Come here and gets yours Kaynar, oh hey there you are Atticus. Come give your big boss a hug. I just want to show how much I appreciate you boys' hard work and dedication to our cause.
Atticus: EEP.
Slithe: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #85
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Oh come on, another pointless episode. There are only 3 episodes left to the season, and possibly the series, the next three better be all plot moving episodes!!!!!
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #86
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
You know that might have made for a more interesting episode, LMAO!

Kaynar *running for his life and nearly tripping*
Atticus: What's wrong?
Kaynar: Mumm-RA!
Atticus: Did you try to eat one of his soldiers again?
Kaynar: HE'S RUNNING AROUND GIVING EVERYONE A HUG!!!!! EEEW!
Mumm-Ra: Come here and gets yours Kaynar, oh hey there you are Atticus. Come give your big boss a hug. I just want to show how much I appreciate you boys' hard work and dedication to our cause.
Atticus: EEP.
Slithe: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.
If it was D&D, they would have contracted Mummy Rot.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #87
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Well I got the second half of TOS, and now that I've gotten a little ways in... Nope not much romance in that show. About the only actual couple was Ro-Bear Bill and Ro-Bear Belle.

Now, I need to make a disclaimer. I still haven't seen any of the new show, so I'm just going with what I've heard. It seems like the problem isn't so much the romance as how relationships in general are handled. Look at Tygra and Lion-O. We should have had some development there, but it keeps reverting back to defualt. And now Lion-O and Pumrya seems to be flip flopping. Consistancy.

Also needs more Berserkers, Berserkers, Berserkers.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #88
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
One more thing….
Now if Pumyra ends up with Bengali after this, that will just be too stupid. It’s one thing to have one girls taken by a tiger but not two…that’s just a too much..
I think it should be Pumyra pursuing Lion-o, Lion-o rejecting Pumyra because he’s not fully over Cheetara then after a little bit Bengali comes in and sweeps Pumyra off her feet….and Lion-o should focuses more on gathering the stones and defeating Mumm-Ra than love…..at lease for the moment. then down the road when he’s fully over Cheetara he can move on to someone else, whomever she may be. Because at least that way he won’t seem like a two-time loser.

......can you tell I read alot of shoujos ^-^

Last edited by nickanu; 05-27-2012 at 02:27 PM..
nickanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #89
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
That would still make more sense than the random romance they've been throwing at us. Perhaps they should read more shoujo too, LOL.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #90
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickanu View Post
One more thing….
Now if Pumyra ends up with Bengali after this, that will just be too stupid. It’s one thing to have one girls taken by a tiger but not two…that’s just a too much..
I think it should be Pumyra pursuing Lion-o, Lion-o rejecting Pumyra because he’s not fully over Cheetara then after a little bit Bengali comes in and sweeps Pumyra off her feet….and Lion-o should focuses more on gathering the stones and defeating Mumm-Ra than love…..at lease for the moment. then down the road when he’s fully over Cheetara he can move on to someone else, whomever she may be. Because at least that way he won’t seem like a two-time loser.

A little too many, I'd think...
What's so bad about him realizing he likes Pumyra and sticking with her?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #91
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Ho ho ho!!! I got a cap - man, Lion-O is sooo… this was a split second frame, which you deliberately couldn't see, before he answered Pumyra's "What?" concering her bloated face. Lion-O was nearly ROTFL.

Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #92
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickanu View Post
One more thing….

I am fine if bengali ends up with pumyra.

My problem is lion-o can get over a crush that was recent and T/C can't. Makes no sense.

Lion-o said he gave her flowers (more than one) and has done other things, but she only reponds to combat skills. That doesn't seem like lion-o.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #93
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Oh come on, another pointless episode. There are only 3 episodes left to the season, and possibly the series, the next three better be all plot moving episodes!!!!!
Agree, felt like a stand alone episode.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #94
xander88
Thunder Kitty
After watching this episode, my heart sank. I'm not saying it was a bad episode but it wasn't a particularly strong episode either and with the show looking as though it's doomed and with only a few episodes left, I guess it just left me feeling disappointed. If a die-hard Thundercats fan like myself doesn't even get excited by this episode, then how is it going to change the minds of people who have written it off? Overall, it's been a very good series so far and I would love for it to continue but I think it's being treated really harshly in comparison to other shows that continue for a long period of time. It's as though cartoon network decided that unless every single episode is flawless (it's hard to find a series that has that) and well received by everybody, it gets written off which is a shame because the beauty of a show like Thundercats is that the possibilities are endless which is often the case with the Sci-fi/fantasy genre.

Last edited by xander88; 05-27-2012 at 08:51 PM..
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #95
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
For some weird reason, Pumyra seems the kind of character that would grab Cheetara and kiss her for the heck of it. Cheetara and Pumyra in the forefront kissing happily while Lion-O and Tygra in the back are shocked. Mumm-ra is hiding behind a tree laughing it out.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #96
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
I like Pumrya/Lion-O personally. I don't mind Tygra/Cheetara either. It's the way that things have been executed that sounds problamatic to me. I have to wonder if we actually will see Bengali, since I don't think they'll be fitting him in the first season.

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like Mumm-Ra has really done much with his shapeshifting. Too bad, whenever he pulled that out in TOS, it tended to cause trouble.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #97
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
A little too many, I'd think...
What's so bad about him realizing he likes Pumyra and sticking with her?
i think it came out of no where if you ask me. i would rather have prefer pumyra doing the pursuing than liono, so it will seem like she wants him to move on even though he might still not be over cheetara. funny the last two or three episodes, the writers seemed to have been going that route then they pulled another 180. i really didn't like liono's behavior this episode, hiding behind trees, picking flowers, slipping a love potion in pumyra's drinking cup. i keep saying no romance at all in this series but if romance is to occur, the writers should take their time with it. the romance aspect of the show seems to be the part that really irritates a lot of these fans here in this threads.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #98
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
This whole episode could have been just one huge throw back to 80s. You actually have Mumm-ra pulling a plan to defeat the cats. Also notice how he loses, runs away, and shouts I'll be back.

The Real Ghostbusters could have stepped in and trap Mumm-ra's spirit.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #99
Bill923
Thunder Kitty
I loved the episode. The OS throwback was great. Here are my feelings about the romance content.

1. Being a fan of the Original show, I can look back at how things that were said were molding influences. When other Thundercats were shocked that the Mutants did not observe intergalactic law, Tygra said "Rules are for people who follow them, otherwise they are just words." I say this because I wish the writers would take into account how influential their work can be on impressionalbe minds.

2. I can tolerate romantic shenanigans as long as it leads somewhere. Will this result in character development, or is it a distraction from the lack of it?

3. In it's defense, romantic content does provide for conflicting character interaction. In the OS, a broken necklace of loyalty resulted in the Thundercats turning on one another. (Yeah I know, stupid) and so it goes without saying that it's easier to explain conflict when their is a natural reason for it.

4. Lastly, I point out that despite a vigorous discussion about romantic content, the episode was great. The show is building well on the OS's strengths. The comedy was great. (Did you just call Panthro a Silly Goose?" We enjoyed it and can't wait for next Saturday.
Bill923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #100
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
I like Pumrya/Lion-O personally. I don't mind Tygra/Cheetara either. It's the way that things have been executed that sounds problamatic to me. I have to wonder if we actually will see Bengali, since I don't think they'll be fitting him in the first season.
You're right to point out that it's been poorly executed, because it is. (Even Tygra and Cheetara agree with you) This entire relationship seems designed to be something that is not meant to be.

Look at Pumyra's character in the beginning of this episode, she should be at least a little happy considering the progress that has been made freeing the slaves and what not, but she isn't. She's is still brooding about something. Possibly something that's missing or lost in her life. (Flashback to the cell scene in the Pit). That missing thing could be another person (cough, cough Bengali) who I am betting will make an appearance before the end of the the season.

Right now this entire relationship, (if it is one) is very one-sided, add a lost flame an the entire "problem" goes away.

That or they kill her off.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote