TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Talyn
Thunder Kitty
TOONAMI NEWS: The Block Extends to 6 Hours, Adds Two CN Action Titles | [adult swim] central
Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Makes you wonder why they would waste their precious air time on a failed show eh?? (yes that was sarcasm) Not sure if their rubbing dirt in our eyes for fun, or their testing the waters again..... remember...... this IS how BigO came back.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Makes you wonder why they would waste their precious air time on a failed show eh?? (yes that was sarcasm) Not sure if their rubbing dirt in our eyes for fun, or their testing the waters again..... remember...... this IS how BigO came back.
I don't know.

Big O was on between 5 and 6 in the even.

CN produced the second season of big O and the staff from Adult swim made fun of Big O fans.

I don't think the 230 slot is going to help.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
No your right, 9 outta 10 says no it wont help at all.... but Ive learned in life never say never. ;D

I mean sure it wont help the NS at all, but if ratings are still solid (never know) it could persaude WB (idiots) to do something else with the franchise, even keep the light lit to pass over the figure licence when bandai finally gives that bad boy up.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
No your right, 9 outta 10 says no it wont help at all.... but Ive learned in life never say never. ;D

I mean sure it wont help the NS at all, but if ratings are still solid (never know) it could persaude WB (idiots) to do something else with the franchise, even keep the light lit to pass over the figure licence when bandai finally gives that bad boy up.
It is all about the money.

I think TCATs will come back, but will it be the second season or another reboot? I think we will get a new crew though.

I think Sam Registor should've put more thought into the crew instead of hiring a friend who didn't want to do it in the first place.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I have to say that I am actually very excited to hear this news! I realize its the middle of the night and it is not what we were all hoping for, but I am just happy to hear that it will be on tv.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
MegatronWolf
Overlord
at least we're getting reruns, better than just getting rid of it & pretending it never existed. They're doing this for the fans so be happy. Why do you think disney still shows Gargoyle reruns at 4am, cause the fans got pissed when they took it off. And a 230 time slot really doesnt matter in this day & age thanks to DVR, all they need to do is advertise it so people know.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronWolf View Post
at least we're getting reruns, better than just getting rid of it & pretending it never existed. They're doing this for the fans so be happy. Why do you think disney still shows Gargoyle reruns at 4am, cause the fans got pissed when they took it off. And a 230 time slot really doesnt matter in this day & age thanks to DVR, all they need to do is advertise it so people know.
I wouldn't ay they are "doing it for the fans". More like, we need something to throw on as 2:00 and 2:30 AM. What do we have that we won't have to spend any more money on? Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan? Ok, let's just throw them on there.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Balgus82
I don't entirely agree with that. For a couple months now they've just been re-airing the shows from the first three hours into the second three hours. If they only wanted something to fill the time slot they would've just kept doing that. Nothing's cheaper than just re-airing the episode you already aired two hours before.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Balgus82
Someone asked Jason DeMarco on twitter if they got ThunderCats because the OS was the first show the original Toonami aired and he said "No/ what was taken into account was that it was a great, new-ish, somewhat overlooked show and would be a nice fit. "
Old 09-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
i never heard of Toonami. I was looking thru my tvs-guide for oct 6th and theres no sign of thundercats, i even searched for the show in hope for another dated/time, and nope, nada! So im guessing its for the UK or something, any ideas?
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
L08e16o
Disagree.

At 0300 Sunday morning they start over again.

Right now you have the following below

1200 Bleach
1230 Samurai 7
0100 Casshern Sins
0130 Eureka 7
0200 Fullmetal Brotherhood, has been airing for a while and have been completed
0230 Ghost in a Shell, this has been out there for a while

They do this all the time with their late slots. They try to find shows that will get interest.

0200-0230 slots has had Cowboy beebop and other older animes.

I think it would be different if it took over the 1230 slot.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
Balgus82
Check Toonami's website. Not TVGuide. sometimes TVGuide updates their schedule late.

Schedule - Adult Swim

For October 6:
1200 Bleach
1230 Samurai 7
0100 Casshern Sins
0130 Eureka 7
0200 Sym-Bionic Titan
0230 ThunderCats
0300 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
0330 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
0400 Ghost in the Shell
0430 Ghost in the Shell
0500 Cowboy Bebop
0530 Cowboy Bebop
Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
I find this interesting on 2 fronts.

The first is that these shows are not necessarily 'adult' in nature, showing that Toonami is reclaiming some of it's old thunder and not just a rename of Adult Swim's Saturday anime block. This both intrigues me & makes me happy, seeing as I watched Toonami when Moltar hosted the show.

The second is that as some have said, they ran reruns of Big O late at night, which convinced them to do a second season (the quality of which is up to debate). Now does this mean Thundercats or SBT will get the same treatment? Who knows. The counter-argument to the Gargoyles statement is they STILL haven't released Season 2 Part 2. But this could be promising.
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Pumpkinhead View Post
I find this interesting on 2 fronts.

The first is that these shows are not necessarily 'adult' in nature, showing that Toonami is reclaiming some of it's old thunder and not just a rename of Adult Swim's Saturday anime block. This both intrigues me & makes me happy, seeing as I watched Toonami when Moltar hosted the show.

The second is that as some have said, they ran reruns of Big O late at night, which convinced them to do a second season (the quality of which is up to debate). Now does this mean Thundercats or SBT will get the same treatment? Who knows. The counter-argument to the Gargoyles statement is they STILL haven't released Season 2 Part 2. But this could be promising.
I am a big O fan. I remember the days of the Save Big-O site.

Big O was on toonami when toonami was on during the day. CN produced the second season before it went on at night.

Big season 2 tanked.

CN has done this before. They never finished Zoids chaotic centruy. Out of the blue they decided to show the last two Zoids CC episodes on a Saturday morning.

I think they are doing this to try different shows to get interest.

Thanks Balgus with the schedule.

That is interesting that they are not showing the same cartoons after 0300.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #16
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
For the most part, anything that airs from 2 am or so, will be DVR'd...but it's great to be able to watch both Sym-bionic Titan and Thundercats, even tho I have the TC DVDs.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #17
Sportsandstuff
Thunder Kitty
I am setting my DVR
Sportsandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
Captain C83
Thunder Kitty
So, no one is going to mention that Thundercats was moved up to 1:00 am? And getting really good ratings?
Captain C83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 AM   #19
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain C83 View Post
So, no one is going to mention that Thundercats was moved up to 1:00 am? And getting really good ratings?
Yep, midnight in my region, I was very happy to see TC move up their air time...can even stay up and watch, no need to DVR unless I just happen to be out.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote