TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #5451
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
A possiblity, but we know how things go eh, tipping alot more to L/C,

One thing for sure if Legacy was to show a supposed different love interest for Lion-O then they should have given Tygus another female cat love interest, which they did not. If sceentime was the problem than one small scene of Tygus with his love interest will be enough. This shows that the crew always tieng the romance direct with Lion-O/Leo and the plot NOT Tygra/Tygus and the plot (as with other episodes too with L/C moments or T/C with Lion-O always involved directly or indirectly whit the scenes), thus L/C will always be their main focus. especially as they said "you found out what happened 2000 years before, and you find out what’s going to happen moving forward".
I wonder if Leo and Tygus had a falling out over Panthera when they reached third earth, maybe that , on top of thunderas abadoning tech,lead to Tygus leaving with a group of cats to form a different society?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #5452
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I wonder if Leo and Tygus had a falling out over Panthera when they reached third earth, maybe that , on top of thunderas abadoning tech,lead to Tygus leaving with a group of cats to form a different society?
Excellent deduction. Something like that could happen in the past. Tygus removing himself from the supposed Leo/Panthera/Tygus triangle after they crashed landed. That or the triangle happened a long time before the mumm-ra taking over incident and already Leo/Panthera with Tygus "out of the triangle".

Tygus did "betray" Leo in "Legacy" thus the same thing might happen again with Tygra and Lion-O like we have discussed it before. Logically Annet will not have to say the prophecy if it's just triangle related, they did that because there will be alot more to Tygra's "betrayal", hence what happened in "Legacy". Its just a natural way of writers creating more threads that they can use later or will be expanded upon. Similiar thing like the L/C romantic gesture clue of Cheetara knowing why the sword chose him wile putting her hand on top of his while holding the SoO and the L/C romantic moments with SoO related thing. In my opinion.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-29-2012 at 11:06 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #5453
stormbringer
Quote:
A possiblity, but we know how things go eh, tipping alot more to L/C,

One thing for sure if Legacy was to show a supposed different love interest for Lion-O then they should have given Tygus another female cat love interest, which they did not. If sceentime was the problem than one small scene of Tygus with his love interest will be enough. This shows that the crew always tieng the romance direct with Lion-O/Leo and the plot NOT Tygra/Tygus and the plot (as with other episodes too with L/C moments or T/C with Lion-O always involved directly or indirectly whit the scenes), thus L/C will always be their main focus. especially in legacy's
case hinted alot about L/C and the plot now and future as they said "you found out what happened 2000 years before, and you find out what’s going to happen moving forward".
Quote:
Excellent deduction. Something like that could happen in the past. Tygus removing himself from the supposed Leo/Panthera/Tygus triangle after they crashed landed. That or the triangle happened a long time before the mumm-ra taking over incident and already Leo/Panthera with Tygus "out of the triangle".

Tygus did "betray" Leo in "Legacy" thus the same thing might happen again with Tygra and Lion-O like we have discussed it before. Logically Annet will not have to say the prophecy if it's just triangle related, they did that because there will be alot more to Tygra's "betrayal", hence what happened in "Legacy". Its just a natural way of writers creating more threads that they can use later or will be expanded upon. Similiar thing like the L/C romantic gesture clue of Cheetara knowing why the sword chose him wile putting her hand on top of his while holding the SoO and the L/C romantic moments with SoO related thing. In my opinion.
Perhaps Tygus' society of cats will be where Pumyra and Bengali ate from. I want to see a hi-tech floating city of cats dang it!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #5454
cmangund
Quote:
Perhaps Tygus' society of cats will be where Pumyra and Bengali ate from. I want to see a hi-tech floating city of cats dang it!
That will be . with Tygra/Pumyra/Bengali floating on top of the floating city of eldara
Old 01-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #5455
stormbringer
Quote:
That will be . with Tygra/Pumyra/Bengali floating on top of the floating city of eldara
Yep I can see a city of technologically advanced cats, utterly indifferent to Lion-os quest and what's going on with Mumm-ra, with a city powered by a stone of power or 2.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #5456
cmangund
Quote:
Yep I can see a city of technologically advanced cats, utterly indifferent to Lion-os quest and what's going on with Mumm-ra, with a city powered by a stone of power or 2.
The high tech city floats so high that even Mumm-RA evolved super form cannot reach it thus he will need a super powered jetpack. Heck Mum-ra will need to modify his Storm charger with rockets and wings to reach The floating city of Eldara. Not to mention the city's advance defenses and shields. Pumyra defending the city from Mumm-ra's attacks using multiple super high rate of fire guns. Bengali's has a very big hammer, the size of a giant rocket launcher that can fire a slow but super powerful energy blast. Mumm-ra will have difficulty in getting the stone from the city, but he made a deal with Tygra to get the stone for him, after knowing that Grune was in fact his real father and for ultimate power, thus becoming Grune junior in the process, with Grune Senior still being rebuild with new robotech body. Tygra betray them and bring the stone to Mumm-ra, the city collapses and crashes to the ground, with heavy casualties. Tygra has joined the darkside.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-30-2012 at 05:05 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #5457
cmangund
Found some nice L/C image, posted here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LCb.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	929
Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #5458
L08e16o
If lion-o goes back into the book, I wonder what part of history it would be?

I think it would be once the animals settle down. I think we would see the spell placed on the sword, bearer and weilder, how the animals split, and how some of the cats split.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #5459
L08e16o
Quote:
Found some nice L/C image, posted here.
Very good.

About time lion-o went on offense.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 09:48 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #5460
L08e16o
If cheetara didn't go to tygra.

What type of betrayal would've tygra done to make lion-o feel betrayed?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #5461
L08e16o
If pumyra and Bengali are from tygra's tribe and they are the new alliance for mummyra, would tygra join them once he knows the truth?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #5462
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Very good.

About time lion-o went on offense.
Lion-O has leveled up his "Sword" considerably without any pills.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #5463
cmangund
Quote:
If cheetara didn't go to tygra.

What type of betrayal would've tygra done to make lion-o feel betrayed?
Maybe Tygra himself did not know yet that he will "betray" Lion-O in the direct future, annet's predictions just marked start of it, that Cheetara already afraid something bad will happen and tried to stop it. Asside the thank you bit and feelings bit.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-30-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #5464
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O has leveled up his "Sword" considerably without any pills.
That would explain why he didn't have to move up that much.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #5465
cmangund
Quote:
If pumyra and Bengali are from tygra's tribe and they are the new alliance for mummyra, would tygra join them once he knows the truth?
If Pumyra and Bengali started on Mum-Ra's side then highly likely Tygra will join them as "Tygers are known for their pride"
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #5466
cmangund
Quote:
That would explain why he didn't have to move up that much.
Looks like they were younger in that image, maybe from the past they have "done it" without them knowing it?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #5467
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe Tygra himself did not now yet that he will "betray" Lion-O in the direct future, annet's predictions just marked start of it, that Cheetara already afraid something bad will happen and tried to stop it. Asside the thank you bit and feelings bit.
Good theroy.

There has to be something more to why claudius adopt tygra. Maybe they were at war with the tigers and they wiped out a lot of them.

Pumyra and Bengali are the only ones left and they want revenge, so they are after lion-o. That could push tygra over the edge.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #5468
L08e16o
Quote:
Looks like they were younger in that image, maybe from the past they have "done it" without them knowing it?
Well, I think she would've got the point from that distance.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #5469
cmangund
Quote:
Well, I think she would've got the point from that distance.
Maybe Jaga saw what they "did "and put a spell to both of them so they forgot about it. As they were too young for "that" yet. Or the old coot was jealous of L/C
Old 01-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #5470
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe Jaga saw what they "did "and put a spell to both of them so they forgot about it. As they were too young for "that" yet.
I don't know if cheetara will forget that pain.

I am stopping.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #5471
cmangund
Quote:
If lion-o goes back into the book, I wonder what part of history it would be?

I think it would be once the animals settle down. I think we would see the spell placed on the sword, bearer and weilder, how the animals split, and how some of the cats split.
Maybe about the SoO spell connections with the bearer and wielder thing, but about this Cheetara maybe already has detailed knowledge, thus could be her explaining to Lion-O in an intimate scene. Make L/C case higher or same level as T/C case. either way they can have both ships run in parallel using either triangle type, especially this is Lion-O's story.

Maybe not so long after the ship crash landed on third earth, after they have got some villages going. If Lion-O will go back to the book. Or it could be a story being tell by Bengali and Pumyra.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #5472
cmangund
Quote:

I am stopping.
Jaga's spell removed any "pain and evidence". As the old coot was thorough.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #5473
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe about the SoO spell connections with the bearer and wielder thing, but about this Cheetara maybe already has detailed knowledge, thus could be her explaining to Lion-O in an intimate scene. Make L/C case higher or same level as T/C case. either way they can have both ships run in parallel using either triangle type, especially this is Lion-O's story.

Maybe not so long after the ship crash landed on third earth, after they have got some villages going. If Lion-O will go back to the book. Or it could be a story being tell by Bengali and Pumyra.
I was thinking it could be through the book, because he said 26 episode not the 13. To me that means we are going to find more about the past. I think we are also going to see the connection to the SoO and how the lion-os are connected. Maybe Panthera put the spell on it.

That would be neat if they show us how the clerics started.

Could they have both ships running at the same time at the same level. That would be confusing and would make cheetara look bad. That wouldn't be the highest good. She would be on both sides of the fence.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #5474
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Not trying to insight an argument or anything, but as far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely NO chance that Lion-O and Cheetara will ever be a couple. She and Tygra are together, and I doubt that'll change. Cheetara was supportive of Lion-O, but I don't think she ever intended to flirt with him. I think the "intimate" scene between them was meant to mislead the audience, and possibly Lion-O too.

The most I see coming from this in the future is Lion-O continuing to be jealous. Till he finds a love interest of his own anyways. We already know Pumyra will make an appearance at some point, so maybe her.

Also, I can't see Tygra switching sides. Especially now that he and Lion-O are on the way to getting along with each other better.

In the end this is all hypothetical, and we won't truly know where the show is heading till it starts to air again, so we'll have to wait and see. Still, some of the scenarios being brought up in this thread just don't sound at all likely to me. Most especially those involving Lion-O and Cheetara...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #5475
cmangund
Quote:
I was thinking it could be through the book, because he said 26 episode not the 13. To me that means we are going to find more about the past. I think we are also going to see the connection to the SoO and how the lion-os are connected. Maybe Panthera put the spell on it.

That would be neat if they show us how the clerics started.

Could they have both ships running at the same time at the same level. That would be confusing and would make cheetara look bad. That wouldn't be the highest good. She would be on both sides of the fence.
Could be through the book too yes. Maybe Panthera put the spell on it, but I don't think she has any spells abilities yet, maybe later she will learn it from someone. Or maybe later Lion-O go inside the book again, Cheeatar will go to, thus Lion-O become Leo in the book and Cheetara will become Panthera in the book.

They can as long as they did not add any thank you bit for L/C thing, thus kids will see the difference. like what they did so far, L/C is more transparent to kids as lovers than T/C. Of course we are talking the long route scenario here.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #5476
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Not trying to insight an argument or anything, but as far as I'm concerned, there is absolutely NO chance that Lion-O and Cheetara will ever be a couple. She and Tygra are together, and I doubt that'll change. Cheetara was supportive of Lion-O, but I don't think she ever intended to flirt with him. I think the "intimate" scene between them was meant to mislead the audience, and possibly Lion-O too.

The most I see coming from this in the future is Lion-O continuing to be jealous. Till he finds a love interest of his own anyways. We already know Pumyra will make an appearance at some point, so maybe her.

Also, I can't see Tygra switching sides. Especially now that he and Lion-O are on the way to getting along with each other better.

In the end this is all hypothetical, and we won't truly know where the show is heading till it starts to air again, so we'll have to wait and see. Still, some of the scenarios being brought up in this thread just don't sound at all likely to me. Most especially those involving Lion-O and Cheetara...
Everyone is free to their opinion.

When did they get along?

I disagree they are together for the whole show. Then the love triangle would be over when it just started after the kiss. The WB boss said he wanted the triangle to be apart of the main story. If this is so, then the love triangle just started. So they wasted 12 episodes of L/C for nothing and legacy mirror for nothing? If cheetara was not trying to lead lion-o on she would've have said something in episode 6 when the kit said they were kissing. Cheetara expression enjoyed lion-o trying to explain himself.

Pumyra will not be lion-o love interest. She would make cheetara's role obsolete. Cheetara was written as lion-o's main supporter. Just like Panthera was in legacy for leo.

How will they never be a couple?

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #5477
L08e16o
Quote:
Could be through the book too yes. Maybe Panthera put the spell on it, but I don't think she has any spells abilities yet, maybe later she will learn it from someone. Or maybe later Lion-O go inside the book again, Cheeatar will go to, thus Lion-O become Leo in the book and Cheetara will become Panthera in the book.

They can as long as they did not add any thank you bit for L/C thing, thus kids will see the difference. like what they did so far, L/C is more transparent to kids as lovers than T/C. Of course we are talking the long route scenario here.
Agreed.

They put that girlfriend and thank you in there for a reason.

Maybe they will skip Leo's part and go a couple hundred years down the road.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #5478
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I'm not saying that anybody isn't entitled to their own opinion...

Quote:
They were getting along before the kiss. When did they get along?
Their experience within the astral plane was a very bonding moment, imo. I can't see how their relationship won't be at least a little better after that.

Quote:
I disagree they are together for the whole show. Then the love triangle would be over when it just started after the kiss. The WB boss said he wanted the triangle to be apart of the main story. If this is so, then the love triangle just started.
The love triangle could've been vastly over-exaggerated, which would not at all surprise me.

Quote:
Pumyra will not be lion-o love interest. She would make cheetara's role obsolete. She was written as lion-o's main supporter.
Considering we know absolutely nothing about her character yet, why couldn't Pumyra be Lion-O's love interest? Also, supporter=/=love interest. She supports him as lord of the Thundercats, but that's really it so far. I'm not seeing any real potential for them to become a couple. Most especially with her and Tygra's past.

Quote:
Because, there's no current reasoning behind her leaving Tygra and going over to Lion-O. Tygra and Cheetara have history, and very bonding history at that. Tygra would, imho, have to become evil and join-up with Mumm-Ra for anything like that to happen, and barring demonic possession, that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing any current reason to believe that Lion-O and Cheetara will become an item in the show. They could theoretically throw in some major twists and turns that we aren't expecting, but based off what we already know, I can't see them becoming a couple.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 01-30-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #5479
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Star Wars is not the same. Book 1, 2, and 3 showed that L/L were brother and sister.

Leia never flirted with luke. She kissed him to PO Han off.
Ok, so you want to dwelve in petty details. Hey, I can do that too!

She did kiss him to spite Han. Luke did rub it in Han's face

The scripts for movies 5 and 6 were not written when A New Hope was released. Nobody knew they were twins, that was the exclusive purview of George Lucas -if he had thought about it like he says he did (and who are we to doubt his word!)

If any of us wanted to doubt, before it was either decided that L/L were twins or before it was revealed (take your pick) there was at least one book published that depicted a good deal of sexual tension between the two. All GL-approved: he later said that he was OK with them because it showed they had feelings for each other, although they could still not know what type of feelings those were. The books you refer to were released at least (I refuse to check the dates but you are welcome to do it yourself) after Empire Strikes Back, but my guess is that the info about their parentage was not available in print until after Return of the Jedi's premiere.

Quote:
As a kid watching Star Wars, I never believed Leia and Luke were a couple. They never had chemistry.

Everyone knew Lukes journey was on his own.
Hindsight is always 20/20. But I can say the same about Lion-O: how do you expect him to complete his journey into manhood if he needs a girl to hold his hand and pat his back? Again, there have been kings with far less impressive resumes than his, our own history abundantly testifies to that, but Lion-O's supposed to be, well, a hero.

Jaga did not send Lion-O in his quest with a girlfriend, he sent him off with a team.

Big picture here: A-lead male did not end up with A-lead female. So your arguments about that issue are not valid. A successful franchise does not depend on that. The hero can defeat evil without a girlfriend. Le gasp.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #5480
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Big picture here: A-lead male did not end up with A-lead female. So your arguments about that issue are not valid. A successful franchise does not depend on that. The hero can defeat evil without a girlfriend. Le gasp.
Exactly. Best example I can think of atm is Harry Potter. Did Harry end up with Hermione? No, Ron did. There's no reason the same can't be true for Thundercats.

Also, Hermione was supportive of Harry, but did that mean she wanted to be in a close relationship with him? Absolutely no. Cheetara can support Lion-O without wanting to be with him intimately.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #5481
L08e16o
Their experience within the astral plane was a very bonding moment, imo. I can't see how their relationship won't be at least a little better after that.

So after Annet said lion-o would feel betrayed by tygra, and he felt it, he is just going to be like oh gosh, Tygra you’re the man. Not going to happen.

The love triangle could've been vastly over-exaggerated, which would not at all surprise me.

Disagree. This is a WB pattern and coming from the main boss. How can it be over-exaggerated if it is apart the main title.

Considering we know absolutely nothing about her character yet, why couldn't Pumyra be Lion-O's love interest? Also, supporter=/=love interest. She supports him as lord of the Thundercats, but that's really it so far. I'm not seeing any real potential for them to become a couple. Most especially with her and Tygra's past.

Pumyra is a B character. This is lion-o story and they are not going to cut into his screen time to develop a nonexistence romance with T/C. Pumyra will not get the time to build that romance with lion-o.

She supports him more than that. She knew what she was doing. You are telling me that everyone in the group could see expect cheetara. Women are smarter than that. What past do they have, a flower scene. You have to have more than that to call it a past. I am not seeing the potential of T/C lasting that long. I believe see went to tygra, because of Annet’s prediction and her kiss was a thank you since she said “by the way I owe you a thank you”. Do to the VA for cheetara saying she goes for the highest good, she would not hurt lion-o who she has feelings for.

Because, there's no current reasoning behind her leaving Tygra and going over to Lion-O. Tygra and Cheetara have history, and very bonding history at that. Tygra would, imho, have to become evil and join-up with Mumm-Ra for anything like that to happen, and barring demonic possession, that's extremely unlikely to happen.

How is that a bonding history? They had eight years and if she was so into tygra, she would’ve never flirted with lion-o or kissed him on the cheek right in front of tygra. Just how panther kissed leo and told him she has faith in him, That is a mirror.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #5482
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Exactly. Best example I can think of atm is Harry Potter. Did Harry end up with Hermione? No, Ron did. There's no reason the same can't be true for Thundercats.

Also, Hermione was supportive of Harry, but did that mean she wanted to be in a close relationship with him? Absolutely no. Cheetara can support Lion-O without wanting to be with him intimately.
Terrible example.

Harry support didn't come from Ron or Herminone. It came from adults. Harry never wanted to be with Hermione, he saw her as sister. And just like in TC with legacy, Jenny looked just like Harry's mother. They were dropping clues. Harry wanted a family just like Ron's.

Ron and Hermione had a lot of time together too, just like L/C. She built up the R/H romance.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #5483
L08e16o
Quote:
Ok, so you want to dwelve in petty details. Hey, I can do that too!

She did kiss him to spite Han. Luke did rub it in Han's face

The scripts for movies 5 and 6 were not written when A New Hope was released. Nobody knew they were twins, that was the exclusive purview of George Lucas -if he had thought about it like he says he did (and who are we to doubt his word!)

If any of us wanted to doubt, before it was either decided that L/L were twins or before it was revealed (take your pick) there was at least one book published that depicted a good deal of sexual tension between the two. All GL-approved: he later said that he was OK with them because it showed they had feelings for each other, although they could still not know what type of feelings those were. The books you refer to were released at least (I refuse to check the dates but you are welcome to do it yourself) after Empire Strikes Back, but my guess is that the info about their parentage was not available in print until after Return of the Jedi's premiere.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But I can say the same about Lion-O: how do you expect him to complete his journey into manhood if he needs a girl to hold his hand and pat his back? Again, there have been kings with far less impressive resumes than his, our own history abundantly testifies to that, but Lion-O's supposed to be, well, a hero.

Jaga did not send Lion-O in his quest with a girlfriend, he sent him off with a team.

Star Wars was a standalone title. There were no plans for romance like they planned in TC.
All great kings have someone by them that push them on.
The kiss when L/H had in the asteroid field, everyone knew that was it. She didn’t have to say I owe you a thank you.
Jaga never sent tygra on this journey. Jaga didn't send lion-o on this with Panthero, no one knew he was alive. Just liket the kids.
There are 39 episodes and you think it is over. 5 minutes of a T/C and you think that is it. The WB boss said the triangle is tied to the main plot. It is not over.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #5484
Balgus82
Quote:

When did they get along?

I disagree they are together for the whole show. Then the love triangle would be over when it just started after the kiss. The WB boss said he wanted the triangle to be apart of the main story. If this is so, then the love triangle just started. So they wasted 12 episodes of L/C for nothing and legacy mirror for nothing? If cheetara was not trying to lead lion-o on she would've have said something in episode 6 when the kit said they were kissing. Cheetara expression enjoyed lion-o trying to explain himself.

Pumyra will not be lion-o love interest. She would make cheetara's role obsolete. Cheetara was written as lion-o's main supporter. Just like Panthera was in legacy for leo.

The triangle didn't just start after the kiss. It's been running the whole time. As soon as both brothers started having feelings for Cheetara.

And I severely take offense at the thought that Pumyra (or anyone else) being Lion-O's love interest would make Cheetara's role obsolete. Cheetara's only role in the show is NOT just to be Lion-O's love interest.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #5485
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
The triangle didn't just start after the kiss. It's been running the whole time. As soon as both brothers started having feelings for Cheetara.

And I severely take offense at the thought that Pumyra (or anyone else) being Lion-O's love interest would make Cheetara's role obsolete. Cheetara's only role in the show is NOT just to be Lion-O's love interest.
You take severely offense at everything Balgus. That is who you are.

Triagnle started when cheetara went to tygra or you could say when she kissed lion-o on the cheek. You need to see all sides of the triangle for it to start, just like in anime.

It would. She is written as a cleric first. She has to support her king. If you have pumyra as lion-o's love interest and this is his show, then it would make her role obsolete. What would her role be with lion-o? He doesn't need her anymore.

I think we cleared that up a long time ago. We said she was a cleric first, but you read only what you want to read.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #5486
Balgus82
Quote:
The WB boss said the triangle is tied to the main plot. It is not over.
Please show me where Sam Register says the triangle is tied to the main plot. I want to read this for myself instead of relying on hearsay.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #5487
Balgus82
Quote:
You take severely offense at everything Balgus. That is who you are.

Triagnle started when cheetara went to tygra or you could say when she kissed lion-o on the cheek. You need to see all sides of the triangle for it to start, just like in anime.

It would. She is written as a cleric first. She has to support her king. If you have pumyra as lion-o's love interest and this is his show, then it would make her role obsolete. What would her role be with lion-o? He doesn't need her anymore.

I think we cleared that up a long time ago. We said she was a cleric first, but you read only what you want to read.

Her role would be the same it's been from the start. An advisor and confidant. She doesn't need to be his girlfriend for that. Or was Jaga and Claudus secretly bumping uglies in the throne room?

We've had 13 episodes so far where Cheetara was NOT Lion-O's girlfriend. Her continuing to not be his girlfriend won't diminish her at all.

I don't take offense at everything. But I do take offense at someone essentially saying "Cheetara's only good for one thing and without that she's useless!"

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-30-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #5488
L08e16o
Quote:
Please show me where Sam Register says the triangle is tied to the main plot. I want to read this for myself instead of relying on hearsay.
From cmangund.

You read this before.

And what about the Cheetara/Lion-O/Tygra love triangle?

"This show is breaking a lot of conventional rules of Western animation," Jelenic continued. "Back when I started people said 'don't do stories that are serialized' and 'don't do love stories.' When we were very early in development, we pitched the show to Peter Roth, the President of Television for Warner Brothers, and the love triangle was the one thing he cued in on immediately. He said, 'Let's get a triangle going between these three characters' and he's obviously a guy who knows what he's doing. So that became a very important part of the story."

So it's clear the Triangle is not over all ships are go the worst case. 13 will not fihish it but making it more complicated as it is indeed a very important part of the story.

Not Jelenic and the crew's idea at all, the triangle idea came from WB top dogs. Thus they are the ones controlling the Triangle and of course everything else related of the show, the TV president of WB,as mentioned above and Sam Register (The exec. Producer of JL too).
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #5489
L08e16o
Quote:
Her role would be the same it's been from the start. An advisor and confidant. She doesn't need to be his girlfriend for that. Or was Jaga and Claudus secretly bumping uglies in the throne room?

We've had 13 episodes so far where Cheetara was NOT Lion-O's girlfriend. Her continuing to not be his girlfriend won't diminish her at all.

I don't take offense at everything. But I do take offense at someone essentially saying "Cheetara's only good for one thing and without that she's useless!"
Yes you do just like your nephew. Jump my butt, because you read things the way you see it.

We said her role. Again, you read things the way you see it.

If pumyra was lion-o's love interest it would diminish her role.

They have been building this from E1, if they can make her chose tygra in 5 minutes, they can do a 180 just as fast.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #5490
Balgus82
Quote:
From cmangund.

You read this before.

And what about the Cheetara/Lion-O/Tygra love triangle?

"This show is breaking a lot of conventional rules of Western animation," Jelenic continued. "Back when I started people said 'don't do stories that are serialized' and 'don't do love stories.' When we were very early in development, we pitched the show to Peter Roth, the President of Television for Warner Brothers, and the love triangle was the one thing he cued in on immediately. He said, 'Let's get a triangle going between these three characters' and he's obviously a guy who knows what he's doing. So that became a very important part of the story."

So it's clear the Triangle is not over all ships are go the worst case. 13 will not fihish it but making it more complicated as it is indeed a very important part of the story.

Not Jelenic and the crew's idea at all, the triangle idea came from WB top dogs. Thus they are the ones controlling the Triangle and of course everything else related of the show, the TV president of WB,as mentioned above and Sam Register (The exec. Producer of JL too).
Ok thanks.

Here's my response:

He said the triangle is "an important part of the story." He didn't say it'll last for the life of the show.

It is still important without it going on and on and on and on. It's important because It has caused friction between Lion-O and Tygra. It's important because Cheetara's decision will have ramifications in the next season.

It doesn't have to go on forever to be important.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #5491
Balgus82
And for the record I don't necessarily think Pumyra will end up with Lion-O as a love interest. I don't know her personality yet, so I can't know wither or not I'll like them together.

I just don't like Lion-O and Cheetara together. I simply don't think their personalities mesh well.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #5492
L08e16o
Quote:
Ok thanks.

Here's my response:

He said the triangle is "an important part of the story." He didn't say it'll last for the life of the show.

It is still important without it going on and on and on and on. It's important because It has caused friction between Lion-O and Tygra. It's important because Cheetara's decision will have ramifications in the next season.

It doesn't have to go on forever to be important.
If it is important part it is not going to be over in episode 13. He cued in on it and wanted to be important to the story. This triangle will go on longer than a couple of episodes. You're right, it won't go on for the life of the show, but he it will go on longer than a couple of episodes.

Everything you said is apart of the main story and the reason why the triagle will go on. We saw T/C side of the triangle we will see L/C. It is just like anime's triangles.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #5493
L08e16o
Quote:
And for the record I don't necessarily think Pumyra will end up with Lion-O as a love interest. I don't know her personality yet, so I can't know wither or not I'll like them together.

I just don't like Lion-O and Cheetara together. I simply don't think their personalities mesh well.
You don't like them together because you are a TYGRA FAN.

I think they mesh really well, just like in legacy.

They meshed so well that everyone thought they were together. Tygra even thought so.

I thought you didn't want lion-o with cheetara because panthera kissed him in legacy. You are changing your story.

Pumyra will not be his love interest. She will not get the screen time to develop that romance.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #5494
Balgus82
Quote:
You don't like them together because you are a TYGRA FAN.

I think they mesh really well, just like in legacy.

They meshed so well that everyone thought they were together. Tygra even thought so.

I thought you didn't want lion-o with cheetara because panthera kissed him in legacy. You are changing your story.

Pumyra will not be his love interest. She will not get the screen time to develop that romance.
I am a Tygra fan, but that's not why I don't like them together. If Tygra wasn't interested in her at all I would still think Cheetara and Lion-O's personalities weren't right for each other. I think he has a lot of growing up to do to be a match for Cheetara.

I'm not changing my story at all. You can have more than one reason for not wanting something. Lion-O kissing Panthera is only part of the reason I don't like them together.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #5495
L08e16o
Quote:
I am a Tygra fan, but that's not why I don't like them together. If Tygra wasn't interested in her at all I would still think Cheetara and Lion-O's personalities weren't right for each other. I think he has a lot of growing up to do to be a match for Cheetara.

I'm not changing my story at all. You can have more than one reason for not wanting something. Lion-O kissing Panthera is only part of the reason I don't like them together.
That is the whole point. Just like Panthera. Lion-o and Leo needed a female with their qualitites or personalities to overcome such a impossible task.The writers have been mirroring leo and panthera with L/C.

The base of you not liking L/C is you're a tygra fan and you want T/C more than anything.

If lion-o has to grow up, what about tygra. For being an adult, he is really immature. So, I guess both need to grow up.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #5496
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:

I am stopping.
One post too late.

Quote:
Jaga's spell removed any "pain and evidence". As the old coot was thorough.
Another post too late.

You were both out of line with those comments. I've never said anything when the three of you have done the same before (that includes DarkKnight who is usually the one who derails the most while you two congratulate him), because I think at least two if not the three of you are very young and immature to be able to tell what is or is not appropriate for a public forum.

I'm not going to list the negative aspects of your behavior nor go back to look for each post to throw in your faces, and I am also not going to start playing forum police. I only ask that you check yourselves, one post early. If you really are as mature as you'd like us to believe, please act your age.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #5497
L08e16o
Quote:
One post too late.

Another post too late.

You were both out of line with those comments. I've never said anything when the three of you have done the same before (that includes DarkKnight who is usually the one who derails the most while you two congratulate him), because I think at least two if not the three of you are very young and immature to be able to tell what is or is not appropriate for a public forum.

I'm not going to list the negative aspects of your behavior nor go back to look for each post to throw in your faces, and I am also not going to start playing forum police. I only ask that you check yourselves, one post early. If you really are as mature as you'd like us to believe, please act your age.
Sorry.

I know what is. I will stop.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #5498
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
I was going to answer a few issues in detail, but since right now I feel offended, I will address just this one.

Quote:
Do to the VA for cheetara saying she goes for the highest good, she would not hurt lion-o who she has feelings for.
You do know you're taking her words out of context, right?

(Around 1:30) So how was like playing that kind of role vs what you play on Entourage which is more like the nice girl?

I love to just mix it up. It's why I did The Borgias. One, to do a period piece. Two, to be able to be *not* the nice girl. That's just fun and that continues with Cheetara, though Cheetara is a much better person than Sanchia from The Borgias. Cheetara is going for the highest good of all those involved whereas I think Sanchia just stirs the pot.

It's a comparison between three very different characters. She is stressing the previous sentence: "she is a much better person than Sanchia," but at the same time she paired Cheetara with Sanchia, both being not nice girls like her character in Entourage.

This is not meant to be offensive just for the sake of being rude, but after this and your earlier behavior I want to state here that you guys go overboard trying to doctor the "facts" and "evidence" to support with your ship. Then you go and accuse others of doing the same when you are in no shape to throw the first stone.

Last edited by Eclipse; 01-30-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #5499
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Sorry.

I know what is. I will stop.
Thank you.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #5500
L08e16o
Quote:
I was going to answer a few issues in detail, but since right now I feel offended, I will address just this one.

You do know you're taking her words out of context, right?

(Around 1:30) So how was like playing that kind of role vs what you play on Entourage which is more like the nice girl?

I love to just mix it up. It's why I did The Borgias. One, to do a period piece. Two, to be able to be *not* the nice girl. That's just fun and that continues with Cheetara, though Cheetara is a much better person than Sanchia from The Borgias. Cheetara is going for the highest good of all those involved whereas I think Sanchia just stirs the pot.

It's a comparison between three very different characters. She is stressing the previous sentence: "she is a much better person than Sanchia," but at the same time she paired Cheetara with Sanchia, both being not nice girls like her character in Entourage.

This is not meant to be offensive just for the sake of being rude, but after this and your earlier behavior I want to state here that you guys go overboard trying to doctor the "facts" and "evidence" to support with your ship. Then you go and accuse others of doing the same when you are in no shape to throw the first stone.
She did say she is a better person and will go for the highest good, just like I said.

Sanchia stirs it up, unlike cheetara. Sanchia is from Borgias an adult show. Not aimed at kids 6-11.

We have said this before and used facts.

The VA to me sounds like she likes to play different roles.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 01:12 PM..