TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #5401
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Ahh so you agreed the reactions and repercussions of it all, T/C will not survive long, anything that's being built in 5 minutes can easily be destroyed in 5 minutes. L/C being built for 13 Ep can easily outlast T/C. Because that was what I meant, that was a post made especially for you, and you fell for it. Brilliant!
No that's not what you said and that's not what I agreed with.

You said nothing about how long any of the pairings would last. What you said was that who she chooses wasn't as important as what happens afterwards and that's what I agreed with.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #5402
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Good job.

He was shocked. I remember being shocked and then his expression changed.

Still, he won't be able to suppress his feelings for cheetara.
I don't think he'll be able to keep it all in.

It'll might be like how he reacted to his father's death in a way. First he might lash out, then come to his senses, but it'll still get to him, but then he'd accept it.

But then again he might not react like that simply because he's already learned from when he reacted like that before. He'll probably skip the lashing out part at least.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #5403
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Aren't you going a little overboard with that? In all 13 episodes, Tygra has never been shown making an advance on any female that was not Cheetara. It is generally believed that he was a player, but the facts and evidence are pointing right the other way. He's treated her with nothing but respect --even reverence in some instances.

@ L08e16o: And if you want to throw at me that he called her a "thing": a) that could have also meant "her choice" or "her feelings", and b) it was Lion-O who turned the issue into a competition, "may the best cat win". Worst case scenario, no sibling is above reproach.

Let this be a good chance to remind you all that Star Wars -that would be Eps. 4, 5 and 6 of course- has already proven a triangle such as this can not only exist, but be perfectly successful with a resolution where the lead character does not get the girl. Many zillions of dollars later both kids and parents still buy toys and DVDs and whatnot.

Back @cmangud: Facts and evidence so far are not as conclusive as you'd like to believe. It would make you happy if the story took a particular route, but have you considered the remote possibility that you might be wrong?
There we go. Star Wars is a perfect example.
From the first movie it was being hinted that Luke/Leia would be the pairing, but they changed that in the second and she didn't end up with him at all.

You're also exactly right that throughout the show Tygra hasn't shown interest in ANY other woman but Cheetara. Lion-O on the other hand....

Also I still think the "another thing" line is just people arguing over semantics. He didn't mean Cheetara is a "thing" he was just comparing her to the sword.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #5404
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
From the first movie it was being hinted that Luke/Leia would be the pairing, but they changed that in the second and she didn't end up with him at all.

You're also exactly right that throughout the show Tygra hasn't shown interest in ANY other woman but Cheetara. Lion-O on the other hand....
Oh...

Quote:
Also I still think the "another thing" line is just people arguing over semantics. He didn't mean Cheetara is a "thing" he was just comparing her to the sword.
Then I'll argue that by "thing" he means the choice. It's what they were talking about anyway.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #5405
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

i don't think star wars is a good example , because they ended up making luke and leia siblings. i wasn't even alive when the movie came out, but when i watched it i loved it. it made me a star wars fan for life and in a way made me like fantasy genre. i think making luke and leia related was a forced plot device to have her be with han solo. at times i wish producers and directors wouldn't take these kind of approach when incorporating romance in stories like this. i would rather just have doing they old fashion and less complicated way.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #5406
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i don't think star wars is a good example , because they ended up making luke and leia siblings. i wasn't even alive when the movie came out, but when i watched it i loved it. it made me a star wars fan for life and in a way made me like fantasy genre. i think making luke and leia related was a forced plot device to have her be with han solo. at times i wish producers and directors wouldn't take these kind of approach when incorporating romance in stories like this. i would rather just have doing they old fashion and less complicated way.
I don't think it was used to force Leia and Han together. They were together in the second movie and you don't learn about the sibling thing until the end of the third.

However I do think they did it to shut the Luke/Leia fans who hated the pairing up from complaining.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #5407
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I don't think it was used to force Leia and Han together. They were together in the second movie and you don't learn about the sibling thing until the end of the third.

However I do think they did it to shut the Luke/Leia fans who hated the pairing up from complaining.
I believe George Lucas had it all figured out before he started filming the first three movies, just like he'd like us all to believe But in any case, the Leia/Han couple was established way before anyone even suspected Leia and Luke were related, and after many Leia/Luke hints. I do remember Luke's smug grin to Han after Leia kissed him on the lips, was it at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, or at the end of A New Hope?

Last edited by Eclipse; 01-28-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #5408
Balgus82
Quote:

Then I'll argue that by "thing" he means the choice. It's what they were talking about anyway.
I don't think the "thing" he was talking about was the choice. He was definitely talking about Cheetara, but I just don't see the negative implications other people seem to.

It's like when someone says something like, "Oh you poor thing" when trying to comfort someone else. Is that an insult? Are they implying that they're no longer a person when they say it? Or that they should be treated as an object? Not if you ask me.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #5409
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I don't think the "thing" he was talking about was the choice. He was definitely talking about Cheetara, but I just don't see the negative implications other people seem to.

It's like when someone says something like, "Oh you poor thing" when trying to comfort someone else. Is that an insult? Are they implying that they're no longer a person when they say it? Or that they should be treated as an object? Not if you ask me.
I get your point, and I agree. I'm arguing for the sake of adding yet another possibility to the myriad of possible interpretations. Here it's usually black or white, and that does not necessarily have to be the case.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #5410
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Where's commander shepard?
he's stilll here.
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #5411
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yeah, like I said once before if T/C get together, Cheetara would become a background character that would barely be seen.
have you seen " 6 inch tygra", there's a very familiar guy there.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #5412
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
have you seen " 6 inch tygra", there's a very familiar guy there.
Yep, I saw and agree with your opinion on the T/C "hot tub" pic.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #5413
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
An abomination of nature. She never even said "I love you" to Tygra. She said "We have each other" though to Lion-O in a "hot tub".
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #5414
cmangund
Quote:
he's stilll here.
Good to know. Saw your edited L/C pic on your profile page, .
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #5415
Balgus82
Quote:
An abomination of nature. She never even said "I love you" to Tygra. She said "We have each other" though to Lion-O in a "hot tub".
Why would she say "I love you" to Tygra? You don't tell people you love them before you start a relationship.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #5416
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Why would she say "I love you" to Tygra? You don't tell people you love them before you start a relationship.
so now you're saying they're not together.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #5417
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Good to know. Saw your edited L/C pic on your profile page, .
thanks

Last edited by DarkKnight; 01-29-2012 at 01:17 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #5418
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
right now lion-o feels like: no hay medicicna que puedas a mi curarme, solo lo que tu me das. and if it dosent work out wait for me.

Last edited by DarkKnight; 01-29-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #5419
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
I agree. In the books, you knew they were brother and sister.

Leia never flirt with Luke.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #5420
L08e16o
Quote:
Agree. We have the Sword. She is not talking about the group and each other is L/C. She would have said you have us.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #5421
L08e16o
Quote:
Aren't you going a little overboard with that? In all 13 episodes, Tygra has never been shown making an advance on any female that was not Cheetara. It is generally believed that he was a player, but the facts and evidence are pointing right the other way. He's treated her with nothing but respect --even reverence in some instances.

@ L08e16o: And if you want to throw at me that he called her a "thing": a) that could have also meant "her choice" or "her feelings", and b) it was Lion-O who turned the issue into a competition, "may the best cat win". Worst case scenario, no sibling is above reproach.

Let this be a good chance to remind you all that Star Wars -that would be Eps. 4, 5 and 6 of course- has already proven a triangle such as this can not only exist, but be perfectly successful with a resolution where the lead character does not get the girl. Many zillions of dollars later both kids and parents still buy toys and DVDs and whatnot.

Back @cmangud: Facts and evidence so far are not as conclusive as you'd like to believe. It would make you happy if the story took a particular route, but have you considered the remote possibility that you might be wrong?
Star Wars is not the same. Book 1, 2, and 3 showed that L/L were brother and sister.

Leia never flirted with luke. She kissed him to PO Han off.

As a kid watching Star Wars, I never believed Leia and Luke were a couple. They never had chemistry.

Everyone knew Lukes journey was on his own.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #5422
L08e16o
Quote:
Of course, we're tame
Trust me, we are.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #5423
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think he'll be able to keep it all in.

It'll might be like how he reacted to his father's death in a way. First he might lash out, then come to his senses, but it'll still get to him, but then he'd accept it.

But then again he might not react like that simply because he's already learned from when he reacted like that before. He'll probably skip the lashing out part at least.
You pray that he accepts it.

I don't believe he will. What lesson is he learning here.

Lion-o is still dealing with his fathers death. These are two different situations too.

There is nothing good in this. Jealousy and guilt is not something you want to teach to at someone elses expense.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-29-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #5424
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:

was up.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #5425
L08e16o
Quote:
was up.
What's going on?

I have my brother over this weekend. He is going to have a forth kid.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #5426
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
What's going on?

congratulations. I just found an awesome song. it fits L/C relationship.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #5427
L08e16o
Quote:
congratulations. I just found an awesome song. it fits L/C relationship.
What is it?

Thanks.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-29-2012 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #5428
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
What is it?
you'll make fun of me.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #5429
L08e16o
Quote:
you'll make fun of me.
I won't.

I listen to a lot of different music. I listen Seal, Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman, Linkin Park, and Two Steps from Hell (Epic music).

I am not a big country fan though. I even listen some of the music from Japan.

I think the TC crew used Two steps from hell in one of their previews.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #5430
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
I won't.

I listen to a lot of different music. I listen Seal, Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman, Linkin Park, and Two Steps from Hell (Epic music).

I am not a big country fan though. I even listen some of the music from Japan.

I think the TC crew used Two steps from hell in one of their previews.
ok its called" All over Again" BTR. there i said it.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #5431
L08e16o
Quote:
ok its called" All over Again" BTR. there i said it.
Everyone likes different music.

I never heard of that song.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #5432
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Everyone likes different music.

I never heard of that song.
its remade look it up. the new version.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #5433
L08e16o
Quote:
its remade look it up. the new version.
Is it a club mix?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #5434
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Is it a club mix?
pop.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #5435
Balgus82
Quote:
so now you're saying they're not together.
no I'm not saying they're not together. I'm saying you don't fall in love with someone the second you decide to go out with them.

Go ahead and go on a first date with someone and tell them you love them. See how fast they run away.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #5436
Balgus82
Quote:
Agree. We have the Sword. She is not talking about the group and each other is L/C. She would have said you have us.
She was talking about everyone. WE have the sword. WE have each other.

You can't say WE have us. And she didn't say YOU have the sword. She wasn't talking about Lion-O alone.

You might have a case if instead she had said "You have the sword, You have me." But she didn't.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-29-2012 at 05:17 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #5437
Balgus82
Quote:
Star Wars is not the same. Book 1, 2, and 3 showed that L/L were brother and sister.

Leia never flirted with luke. She kissed him to PO Han off.

As a kid watching Star Wars, I never believed Leia and Luke were a couple. They never had chemistry.

Everyone knew Lukes journey was on his own.
I love how people say it's ok that a brother and sister kissing each other on the mouth is ok in one franchise and meant nothing and didn't hint at any romance, but in another they say holding hands and kissing on a cheek are things only couples do.

Episodes 1-3 came out decades after the original trilogy. Everyone know's they're brother and sister NOW, but they didn't THEN. Even Luke and Leia themselves didn't know it then.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #5438
cmangund
Quote:

Congrats to your brother.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #5439
cmangund
Quote:

Agreed. No love triangle at all with L/Le/H.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #5440
cmangund
Quote:
Trust me, we are.
We are tame, until the situation demands a more "frontal Assault" in the battle to safe the crown.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #5441
L08e16o
Quote:
She was talking about everyone. WE have the sword. WE have each other.

You can't say WE have us. And she didn't say YOU have the sword. She wasn't talking about Lion-O alone.

You might have a case if instead she had said "You have the sword, You have me." But she didn't.
No she isn't. The writer purposely have them two in a romantic setting.

She was talking about them, not the group.

She would say "you have the sword, You have all of us, and we have hope".

I have a case, because they will not show their hand so soon. They have been building this one episode at a time.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-30-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #5442
L08e16o
Quote:
I love how people say it's ok that a brother and sister kissing each other on the mouth is ok in one franchise and meant nothing and didn't hint at any romance, but in another they say holding hands and kissing on a cheek are things only couples do.

Episodes 1-3 came out decades after the original trilogy. Everyone know's they're brother and sister NOW, but they didn't THEN. Even Luke and Leia themselves didn't know it then.
When did anyone say it was ok for brothers and sisters to kiss in another show.

First, Leia and luke never flirted. There was no romance or chemistry built around them. TC has been building this from episode one and even showed in legacy (mirror of L/C). Lion-o thought cheetara chose him after panthera did the samething when she said leo I believe in you and kissed him on the cheek.

She kissed him on the lips to PO han off, the other one was at the end of empire, but leia had the kiss with Han that sealed it. From Empire, you always knew leia and Han was going to hook up.

As a kid, I never saw Leia and Luke as a couple. They never had the chemistry of L/C. Star Wars is not just about Luke, TC is about Lion-o.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-29-2012 at 06:16 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #5443
L08e16o
Quote:
Congrats to your brother.
Thanks.

This one was not planned.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #5444
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed. No love triangle at all with L/Le/H.
Agreed.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #5445
L08e16o
Quote:
We are tame, until the situation demands a more "frontal Assault" in the battle to safe the crown.

You should have seen it when Ben (Steelers QB) got accused for Sexual assult, wow. That was bad.

Mods were fired may people were banned, I left that board for 4 months.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #5446
L08e16o
I wanted to use this cmangund.

Michael Jelenic reveals the Thundercats have been attempted several times. “The series had been developed at least ten different times. At Warner Bros. Animation, there’s literally a folder of different developments for Thundercats from 2000-on. Everything from a rock band version from ’06-ish to something more traditional, or something more out there… because it’s a big brand, and people want to see it.”

“In those first 26 episodes, you found out what happened 2000 years before, and you find out what’s going to happen moving forward. We have this whole timeline that we’re really exploring. We go back to their ancestors and find out about them. It’s really a rich mythology, and hopefully people like it,” he says.

Working with a lot of brands like Batman, the one thing I know fans want, and one of the easiest ways just so show that you are being respectful of what came before, is to bring a tangible connection to that old show, and there’s no better tangible connection that says ‘We love and respect the old show’ than to have Larry Kenney being in this show,” Michael Jelenic says.

Sounds like Lion-o will go back into the book and a lot of stuff is mirroring legacy.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #5447
stormbringer
Quote:

Michael Jelenic reveals the Thundercats have been attempted several times. “The series had been developed at least ten different times. At Warner Bros. Animation, there’s literally a folder of different developments for Thundercats from 2000-on. Everything from a rock band version from ’06-ish to something more traditional, or something more out there… because it’s a big brand, and people want to see it.”

“In those first 26 episodes, you found out what happened 2000 years before, and you find out what’s going to happen moving forward. We have this whole timeline that we’re really exploring. We go back to their ancestors and find out about them. It’s really a rich mythology, and hopefully people like it,” he says.

Working with a lot of brands like Batman, the one thing I know fans want, and one of the easiest ways just so show that you are being respectful of what came before, is to bring a tangible connection to that old show, and there’s no better tangible connection that says ‘We love and respect the old show’ than to have Larry Kenney being in this show,” Michael Jelenic says.

Sounds like Lion-o will go back into the book and a lot of stuff is mirroring legacy.
Hmmmm I wonder if there was a Leo/Panthera/ Tygus triangle,centuries ago?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #5448
cmangund
Quote:

No problem, We can always discuss this behind the scenes or in public forum as usual.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #5449
cmangund
Quote:
Hmmmm I wonder if there was a Leo/Panthera/ Tygus triangle,centuries ago?
A possiblity, but we know how things go eh, tipping alot more to L/C,

One thing for sure if Legacy was to show a supposed different love interest for Lion-O then they should have given Tygus another female cat love interest, which they did not. If sceentime was the problem than one small scene of Tygus with his love interest will be enough. This shows that the crew always tieng the romance direct with Lion-O/Leo and the plot NOT Tygra/Tygus and the plot (as with other episodes too with L/C moments or T/C with Lion-O always involved directly or indirectly whit the scenes), thus L/C will always be their main focus. especially in legacy's
case hinted alot about L/C and the plot now and future as they said "you found out what happened 2000 years before, and you find out what’s going to happen moving forward".

Last edited by cmangund; 01-29-2012 at 10:49 PM..
Old 01-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #5450
cmangund
Quote:
You should have seen it when Ben (Steelers QB) got accused for Sexual assult, wow. That was bad.

Mods were fired may people were banned, I left that board for 4 months.
No problem as we have more direct control with our" level of savageness".
Holmes therapy helps alot. Tygra definelty needs one.