TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #101
Yasraina
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderScott View Post
I don't think Pantrho is going to be arm-less for long and there the possibility that Bengali could appear and forge Pantrho's arms or something.
I like your idea about Ben-gali fixing Panthro and all but something tells that the Berbils will fix him so he will be even friendlier with them and thinking him as one of them (Rober-Panthro) as they called him.
Yasraina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #102
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
This is the best episode since the break but not as good as the first eight were. Yes cheetara did mislead lion-o in ep 4 if snarf didn't interrupt them lion-o would have gotten a long kiss good night, then there is the constant touching and rubbing up on lion-o which make tygra jealous. Tygra still won't get cheetara because she will choose be being a cleric over being in a relationship for the development of her character in this series that is what she "chose" long ago when she tells she made a choice. That rejection will make tygra want the sword of omens even more because he is still jealous of lion-o having it. I don't get why alot of people are saying lion-o has everything he the king he has the sword etc the fact is he has gone from prince to pauper in one night. He is a king with no kingdom thundera is destroyed and outside of thundera he is a nobody and his thunderian money is no good anywhere. All he has is the sword of omens and the task of rebuilding his fathers legacy as his true son from absolutely nothing. "Heavy lies the crown" for lion-o not that tygra would do any better in fact he would do worse thats why he wasn't chosen by the sword. It would seem everyone will have to sacrifice something in this seriesfor the overall victory jaga gave his life panthro gave up his arms cheetara has to give up love tygra may give his life to save her and the kinten their dream to find the lost city of gold. i waiting to see if the writers have the brass to really make this show more one of instead of going the route of the comic book which i think should of never happened because mum-ra would have no longer been able to exist on thundera after he lost the battle in the book of omens in the original series making everything in the comic book null and void in my opinion
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #103
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderScott View Post
There's no information about eisode 14 yet! Now that Tygra got the girl and Lion-O clearly saw it, I want to see how will he act after that by the way...episode 14 is called 'New Alliances' which I most hope it is refered to more thundercats. Then I had a teory.
I don't think Pantrho is going to be arm-less for long and there the possibility that Bengali could appear and forge Pantrho's arms or something.
Of course that's only my idea and It could be wrong couse maybe but it would be so cool also that Bengali shows up and show that he has some knowledge of tecnology ans stuff, like Pantrho did when he first showed up!
While I would love Bengali to show up he wasn't realy a tech guy like Panthro. Most likely the berbils will make his arms.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #104
omegabuck01
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshon View Post
Jaga and Lion-o had a close relationship I can't bring myself to believe that Jaga would actually Ho-out Cheetara like that and think it would be beneficial too Lion-o were talking about Jaga the wise here it doesn't fit I hope he had no part in the way these events turned out can u imagine the devastation. I don't agree,her choice is justified but her actions not so much,even if she or we find that to be true what will it change she loves Tygra so u expect her to just turn that off if we discover Lion-o is the flower bearer we might get some conflicting emotions from her and we are back at square one Just let her be with Tygra and give us someone we havn't seen for Lion-o.
I'm not saying he ho-ed her out I'm saying she looked up to him thought of him as a father so she may have developed opinions about Lion-o that Jaga had such as believing in his abilitie even tho everyone else just sees him as a spoiled child. Lion-o has proven himself many times its just that his wisdom is overshadowed by everyones opinions. Its hard to be a good leader if everyone questions your orders.
omegabuck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #105
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike78a View Post
within the story itself cheetara wasn't leading lion-o on. her actions at face value may have made it seem that way but the character's intention was never to lead him on.
think the issue of who she (cheetara) was going to end up being with was something she was trying to sort out up to this point. and even if she knew from the start that tygra was who she really wanted i don't think the few moments she had with lion-o were indicative of her wanting to be lion-o.
i think she kissed him once on the cheek for good luck and she gave lion-o encouragement when he needed it. the few looks they gave each other could be interpreted many different ways. i think it was more that
lion-o thought there was something when there wasn't.
and if those few moments were signs that cheetara was starting to like
lion-o then again i don't think she trying to be slutty on purpose she just needed time to finally realize who she really wanted.
If that was the case what was the point of this supposed triangle relationship what is the meaning in her making a choice? The definition of a triangular relationship means that she would have too have feelings for both parties( since she is the object of affection in this case) and choose, it dosen't add up.The way u percieve this situation can't be called a triangle at all and it was one sided on Lion-o part so why would she have too make a choice if she knew Tygra was the one she loved this whole time? Listen to her diolouge with Tygra.I'm sorry from begging too end there was only 1 interpertion of her feelings or actions with Lion-o or Tygra would have no reason for his jealousy, if Tygra could see it why can't you? Cheetara intentional or not led Lion-o on there no other way to call it.
kenshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #106
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegabuck01 View Post
I'm not saying he ho-ed her out I'm saying she looked up to him thought of him as a father so she may have developed opinions about Lion-o that Jaga had such as believing in his abilitie even tho everyone else just sees him as a spoiled child. Lion-o has proven himself many times its just that his wisdom is overshadowed by everyones opinions. Its hard to be a good leader if everyone questions your orders.
I understand that but I thought we were talking about her methods and the way she was interacting with Lion-o. Yes she did say that Jaga always thought highly of Lion-o and that is how she came to know him and her view of him stemmed from Jaga, but that doesn't explain what we have seen of her behavior up untill late and why her character did a complete 180 with no warning and her reasoning is weak at best which is why she comes off looking the way she does and I realize people want to defend their favorite characters and pairings I just say u shouldn't do it when you know their actions are clearly messed up or for the wrong reasons I like all the character but just because i do I'm not going too over look the sh*t they do and call something else. I can care less about canon unless it benefits the current story line
Old 11-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #107
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pand3mix View Post
Would anyone be suprised if Tygra became Mumm-Ra new commanding officer?
I wouldn't. But there is a Tygus action figure coming up with the Tiger Fighter. Maybe they might bring Tygus into the present in some way to become Mumm-Ra's commanding officer again after Grune is dead.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #108
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I wouldn't. But there is a Tygus action figure coming up with the Tiger Fighter. Maybe they might bring Tygus into the present in some way to become Mumm-Ra's commanding officer again after Grune is dead.
Haha, I'm sure whatever the writers decide it will be most interesting.
Pand3mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #109
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Seeing as what happened in the Astral Plane that reveal between young Lion-O and Tygra, if I were Lion-O I'd be weary of Tygra. Something tells me that Tygra might heading down a darker path.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #110
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
the problem with the triangle is it makes cheetara look REALLY bad.I'm not saying that cheetara purposely was trying to hurt anyone, but the way the writers have done this makes her motivations look very suspicious.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #111
dj7000
Thunder Kitty
Another great episode. Ive watched clone wars, green lantern, Renegades, and of all the recent toons, Ive enjoyed Tcats the most. Great stories, character development, and look.
dj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #112
LouLou
Thunder Kitty
I enjoyed this episode Ive always been a Cheetara/Lion-o follower and was gutted at the end when she choose Tygra and yeah i agree with her leading him on abit, but its all adds to the great episodes etc.. We'll all have to see what will happen now! I didn't expect Panthro to lose his arms like but again it will be good to see what will happen. No matter what though i shall always love cheetara
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #113
dj7000
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I understand that but I thought we were talking about her methods and the way she was interacting with Lion-o. Yes she did say that Jaga always thought highly of Lion-o and that is how she came to know him and her view of him stemmed from Jaga, but that doesn't explain what we have seen of her behavior up untill late and why her character did a complete 180 with no warning and her reasoning is weak at best which is why she comes off looking the way she does and I realize people want to defend their favorite characters and pairings I just say u shouldn't do it when you know their actions are clearly messed up or for the wrong reasons I like all the character but just because i do I'm not going too over look the sh*t they do and call something else. I can care less about canon unless it benefits the current story line
In hindsight Chetara comes across more as a big sister. Kinda like that princess Leia role before she found out luke was her brother. Clearly she likes Lion o but never really took that next step as with Tygra. And that really want even a next step, it was just her way of thanking him. I mean she's had some time to thank him maybe she knew that not causing further tension between liono and tygra would help liono complete his mission.

Oh, and did Panthro lose his arms in the original series? I cant remember.

Last edited by dj7000; 11-27-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Old 11-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #114
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7000 View Post
In hindsight Chetara comes across more as a big sister. Kinda like that princess Leia role before she found out luke was her brother. Clearly she likes Lion o but never really took that next step as with Tygra. And that really want even a next step, it was just her way of thanking him. I mean she's had some time to thank him maybe she knew that not causing further tension between liono and tygra would help liono complete his mission.
So it didn't create further tension when she kissed lion-o on the cheek wishing him luck, not his brother? I think she was a good part of the tension. :l surely she realised both of their feeling and decides by not addressing it sooner that it won't cause tension?. How can that not cause tension, especially when she supposedly had this history with Tygra.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #115
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Originally the first season was going to have 26 episodes, but they decided to have 13 instead as this would create a long-term plan for the new Thundercats. This was an anti-climactic end to the first season and it was an episode full of one-sidedness. I can see that the writer for this and Into The Astral Plane probably hasn't watched the rest of the new series.

The fight between Lion-O and Tygra showed Tygra besting Lion-O in swordsmanship, something that Lion-O should be best at and this clearly detracts from Lion-O because Tygra beats him in everything as this made Lion-O look bad. Not to mention that Tygra ends up getting Cheetara thus betraying Lion-O, which was what the elephant people foretold. I don't believe this is the end of the sibling rivalry between Lion-O and Tygra as things will likely continue to be a problem between the two. The only real moment for Lion-O was when he got the Spirit Stone and he figured this out all on his own. Lion-O could've gotten the stone by himself.

However, one would have expected sympathy for Tygra but not so when they revealed the flashbacks of his younger years when he deliberately tried to kill Lion-O. He told Lion-O he would never betray him then and now, that wasn't the case at the end of the episode.

So far, the Thundercats have both the Book of Omens and the Spirit Stone as they're on the lead over Mumm-Ra, whom they need to build up as a real threat. So far, he's been portrayed as a trivial threat instead.

Panthro and Grune have their duel which was what the season was building to that ends with tragedy on both characters. This was the real highlight than Lion-O/ Tygra and the Spirit Stone. They've done something I never thought they'd do and that's to show Panthro losing his arms. If you saw the second wave of figures, we can see where this is heading for Panthro. Grune may be dead or sucked into the Astral Plane, along with Panthro's arms. It's basically a symbolism of Panthro losing part of himself, along with his friendship and rivalry with Grune. It was funny seeing Snarf playing nursemaid to Panthro.

Whatever teases they've had between Lion-O and Cheetara is out the window as she chose Tygra over Lion-O. I doubt things will ever be the same between Lion-O and Cheetara, but if I were Lion-O I'd rather break off to undergo the real trials of the king, which we won't see until the next season.

The twins also had their moments when Wilykat starts to emerge as a Thunderkitten warrior willing to defend the Elephant village and took out several lizards with a big gun. Wilykit got the Elephants to fight for their village. The elephants could be a good match for the giants.

This and Into The Astral Plane belonged to Tygra more than anyone else - he saved the Thundercats with the Thundertank, bested Lion-O in the duel of swordsmanship, and got Cheetara.
After these turn of events I feel Lion-o should break off from them and the Trials of the king can really start Let Tygra recieve everything he thinks he deserves only to find out that its not what he thought it was going to be. Let Lion-o grow on his own too prove to every one that he did it without the sword and with his own power I wouldn't mind a design change to make him closer to his ancestor Leo so it looks like some time has passed.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #116
Yasraina
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
After these turn of events I feel Lion-o should break off from them and the Trials of the king can really start Let Tygra recieve everything he thinks he deserves only to find out that its not what he thought it was going to be. Let Lion-o grow on his own too prove to every one that he did it without the sword and with his own power I wouldn't mind a design change to make him closer to his ancestor Leo so it looks like some time has passed.
Sorry to tell you this but to be honest Lion-o is not ready to do all this things. When all started he said to Jaga i cannot do these alone, Jaga replied you are not alone. He needs everyone to walk the path of being king. Lion-o in the episode with the duelist he made us see that he is not ready cause he is irresponsible and he is not thinking right. As for Tygra i'm not saying that he would be better as a king because he doesn't possess sight beyond sight he is not a true heir to the kingdom anyways, so please stop being so negative with Tygra (most of you anyways never liked him even in the original, decide how you want him to be cause i don't like the whole bitterness mostly towards him, let's not say only to him).

Thank you!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #117
dj7000
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So it didn't create further tension when she kissed lion-o on the cheek wishing him luck, not his brother? I think she was a good part of the tension. :l surely she realised both of their feeling and decides by not addressing it sooner that it won't cause tension?. How can that not cause tension, especially when she supposedly had this history with Tygra.
maybe tension wasnt the right word. She didnt want to casue a distraction for what liono needed to do. Personal feelings I would think are less of a priority for the group up until this point. Liono got everything he needed to get now, she can pull back and express her true feelings
Old 11-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #118
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
maybe tension wasnt the right word. She didnt want to casue a distraction for what liono needed to do. Personal feelings I would think are less of a priority for the group up until this point. Liono got everything he needed to get now, she can pull back and express her true feelings
My problem isn't the fact that she might've made her big choice, though we should all be careful of assuming what that choice was. The show isn't over and until the words are actually spoken that she is Tygra girlfriend I don't want to jump the gun. Partially cause I don't like that pairing. I will say, the battle was won not the war. So no matter how you look at it, it still wasn't an appropriate place or time. Panthro has no arms. And Lion-o has only accomplished a fraction of what he needs to do. The town is in shambles.

Further more, I just personally feel that the battle ground isn't time for romance. They all need to work together. Lion-o who obviously liked cheetara is going to be distracted by that pain. I also think to a level Tygra will now feel the need to protect her against any harm and it can be seen as another wedge between the brothers. How won't it be a distraction when the trust was further bruised by her choice. I don't think it was appropriate as a choice at the moment if her concern was not distracting the group. It was selfserving :l. If she was smart she will put off all relationships of that nature until they get closer to or after they defeat Mumm-Ra
Old 11-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #119
Arcticfox
Thunder Kitty
Yes I am a Lion-o supporter and did want the pairing, but who told Cheetara what happened in the Astral Plane? I have seen the episode twice now and I'm sorry Tygra is still a Jerk. People need to walk in some shoes here. If Tygra was my other brother I'd have some issues with him. I know there cats and all but purposly breaking a branch? then leaving him there? No I'll go get help hang on. How long and how far away was this place from where the king was? If I was left down there and didnt know if someone was comming for me I'd be scared. Plus all the past stuff! Yes he is older yes he doesnt have the sword. Good Lord help your younger brother out guide him help him to become stronger don't keep kicking him down. If you were in his place how would you feel being bullyed all your life. If Lion-o feels at times he's ahead I'm sure we would rub it in.

Yes Jaga said you won't be alone but what does he have? If you fell for a girl in school who touched you and kissed your cheek before a big game and then after the game she's kissing your brother I'm sure you'd be thrilled too. Yes Lion-o is a teen but didnt we all make stupid mistakes when we were younger and thought we could do it all.

I don't want an excuse from cheetara, if she made her choice then hopefully the series can move on. I would just not turn my back on either of them. Out of the whole clan of cats who can Lion-o turn too now? I mean he did ask her alot. Honestly who do you think can help him be a better person now?
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #120
stormbringer
hopefully they'll bring in Bengali and pumyra (the latter as a love interest) and lion-o will have people to lean on again.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #121
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I agree that Lion-O needs to go off on his own. We have the upcoming 2-parter Trials of Lion-O which is where he'd likely start his true trials as the king. If anything, finding the stones should be something Lion-O has to do on his own. In the Astral Plane, Lion-O figured out where it was and I've said that he could have gotten this on his own. I really feel Tygra was in the way here. I hope Lion-O does grow his hair to be more like his ancestor, Leo.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #122
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasraina View Post
Sorry to tell you this but to be honest Lion-o is not ready to do all this things. When all started he said to Jaga i cannot do these alone, Jaga replied you are not alone. He needs everyone to walk the path of being king. Lion-o in the episode with the duelist he made us see that he is not ready cause he is irresponsible and he is not thinking right. As for Tygra i'm not saying that he would be better as a king because he doesn't possess sight beyond sight he is not a true heir to the kingdom anyways, so please stop being so negative with Tygra (most of you anyways never liked him even in the original, decide how you want him to be cause i don't like the whole bitterness mostly towards him, let's not say only to him).

Thank you!
When did i say I didn't like Tygra? My point is what can u do with anyone else when u don't know what u youself can do so. Lion-o breaking off for himself isn't a bad thing(NOT FOREVER)just time for himself and I will say it again I don't favor or disfavor any of the characters i like them all but I'm not going to excuse what they do
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #123
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
I enjoyed this episode thoroughly! Even if I was pissed because I missed it's live airing due to my siblings.

Favorite bits were the Flashback, the fight and the make-up between Tygra and Lion-O.

I talked to a few people about Cheetara but I'm fine with it now. I don't think he's actually so much "betrayed" as feeling betrayed by his brother since he just stepped in while Cheetara gave Tygra a Thank-You kiss. I do agree that if she has genuine feelings for Tygra beyond friend/whatever it seems kind of a 'dick-move' for hints she's dropped before, but I don't wanna get into that. I look forward to see what they'll be doing with it actually.

And, I know you can't show gore on the show, but the way Panthro's arms looked when they disappeared makes me think his arms are floating in the Astral plane constantly beating Grune up

Speaking of that, Tygra's face when he saw Panthro was priceless.

Also while watching the show and screencapping things I saw a...very awkward frame. Gonna warn you now before you click it, it's an awkward frame of Cheetara. If I'm violating the rules by pointing this out, I'll remove the link to it D:

But yeah, it's just...Uh I don't know what to say
Did the elephant say he would be betrayed or feel betrayed? but we know its coming from Tygra but I don't think Tygra/Cheetara kissing is it that doesn't feel or should be betrayal when Lion-o said may the best cat win to Tygra. So finding out what that is right off the bat might not be the case we just know the betryal came or is coming after the bell tolled.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #124
theking
Thunder Kitty
Honestly I didn't find the ending of the episode very enjoyable, I mean it would be cool if Cheetara never gave Lion-O any hope at all instead of leading him on then crushing his hopes at the end lol. I hope in the following episodes it shows Lion-O grow both as a king and a man (he is still a teenager), so that in the next season they can show him with a new look like his classic long hair and a bigger build. I for one have loved this series be it the classic or this new one, and hope to see more in the future
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #125
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
I keep reading people wanting pumyra for lion-o, but honestly I always thought she'd be great with panthro. Those future robotic arms are probably going to cause aches and pains at some point and she is a healer. Also I'm a big fan of the tough captain and the sweet but totally kick ass healer.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #126
Arcticfox
Thunder Kitty
It sure ended with the bell. Next Episode is "New Alliances" seems to be a race or a clan a few cats wouldnt seem like an Alliance since they are a species. Maybe who knows?

Introducing new cats? Sorry but besides Lynx-o seen keeping watch episode 2, there isn't much intro it be like hey where did you come from? even though Panthro was later on he is still mentioned in the begining. The whole intro to the new Thundercats was awesome and I really liked how Cheetara was following him and took interest into what he was up too. Too have Pumyra appear and start a romance chapter would be a stretch of episodes. It's been character building so far like he said "from the top of the food chain too extinction" they have weathered alot together even Panthro and Grune had an impact on Lion-o.

Personally I'm tired of flash back leading to a romance. So they met on the steps and he gave her a flower great wonderful. Makes for the shortest romance novel written right? I mean write it so show us! For crud sake lets at least have some heart to heart conversation between Tygra and Cheetara, they had it when he saved her I mean there wasn't even a scripted Thanks Tiger C'mon Spider-Man pun intented.

Lion-o last of the lions and bloodline. As a fan, so he doesnt get the girl meh I'm over it let him be the kick butt and get some respect hero he should be! Let's not start writing another romance chapter in his life
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #127
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
If lion-o leaves the team for a while they will be so screwed even if he leaves the sword of omens with tygra. The importance of lion-o has been undermined but if you really look you can see he is developing as a character better than tygra and cheetara at this time and the are the three main character that have to develop. I believe lion-o could've beaten tygra in the astral plane if he wanted to but he was more in control of his thoughts and did not see tygra as the enemy unlike how tygra saw him as the enemy. lion-o used discretion and didn't go at it full force " because apparently Lion-o can use the sword on fellow thundercats unlike any previous series" he could have used the red laser anytime and blast the tygra. The role of cheetara as the new head cleric will play a big role. And i think tygra needs to learn what the code of thundera is. I feel if lion-o were to leave it would have been after he got the book of omens after that the team seem useless to him in my opinion and he met other characters that seemed to help him along better than his team. The drifter gave advice on fighting technique the elephants thought him to use his sight beyond sight better than cheetara so what does he need them for right now? He could just leave but he cares too much for them and they are his only family right now especially since it is unknown if there are any other thunderian survivors but there must be. IF lion-o goes all afro samurai the rest of the team will die
Old 11-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #128
Arcticfox
Thunder Kitty
hmm he couldn't use the sword against Viragor but his brother sure, but I'm sure the astral plane and something else can explain that. A+ with the whole going all out thing!

Your right everyone and even the Wood Forgers Zig taught Lion-o something even though he was the bad guy. Cheetara was there when he was confused about life and the sword I'm sure her words feel like garbage now
Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #129
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
hmm he couldn't use the sword against Viragor but his brother sure, but I'm sure the astral plane and something else can explain that. A+ with the whole going all out thing!

Your right everyone and even the Wood Forgers Zig taught Lion-o something even though he was the bad guy. Cheetara was there when he was confused about life and the sword I'm sure her words feel like garbage now
I think they said the sword wouldn't obey him if there was no evil I too believe that maybe he was holding back but still the writers made him look weak in more ways than one. I'm hopeing that in the trials of lion-o is where the warrior lion -o is forged and he comes back stronger let him learn a martial art or something he already had something of sword fighting training but non of that was displayed in his fight with Tygra. Still who told Cheetara about what happened in the astralplane if it wasn't Tygra that only leaves Lion-o so I wonder how much he actually told her if he did? We all know she going to do the womenly thing and exercise how much she believes in him(which I believe she does) its just her words won't have the weight they once did even if her choice was misinterpeted and her job is more important to her when my man saw that kiss all her hard work went out the window and if she acts the way she has been with lion-o then Tygra should not want anything to do with her thats why I believe she actually choose Tygra because choosing her job would be lame cause that means Lion-o won't be chozen either.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #130
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Her affection was not a distraction to Lion-o he has been completing all his tasks throughout the series while she was expressing it so I don't get ur point. Personal feelings are what drives the characters their interactions are meant to be personal and believeable.If what we have seen are her true feelings from ep1 to 13 and you are Lion-o how would you fell? If you are Tygra and witnessed what she was doing first hand how would you feel? Bring the characters into reality. If I was either of these characters I would be iffy about Cheetara, from my point of view yeah Tygra got the girl but its like a happy ending but her character is screwed up in the process it would have been better if it was fleshed out a bit then people might have been more accepting of the out come.Any motives as to why things were done on the characters part as of right now is just speculation
Old 11-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #131
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I think they said the sword wouldn't obey him if there was no evil I too believe that maybe he was holding back but still the writers made him look weak in more ways than one. I'm hopeing that in the trials of lion-o is where the warrior lion -o is forged and he comes back stronger let him learn a martial art or something he already had something of sword fighting training but non of that was displayed in his fight with Tygra. Still who told Cheetara about what happened in the astralplane if it wasn't Tygra that only leaves Lion-o so I wonder how much he actually told her if he did? We all know she going to do the womenly thing and exercise how much she believes in him(which I believe she does) its just her words won't have the weight they once did even if her choice was misinterpeted and her job is more important to her when my man saw that kiss all her hard work went out the window and if she acts the way she has been with lion-o then Tygra should not want anything to do with her thats why I believe she actually choose Tygra because choosing her job would be lame cause that means Lion-o won't be chozen either.
Your right, it doesn't work against what is good. Jealousy, greed, pride, these are all considered evil traits. Tygra showed a dark and ugly side that was actually a threat to Lion-o. So its not a suprise the sword worked.

I would like it if she picked her job. She is now a the high cleric, which is kind of like a monk. She has something more important to do then romance. I don't believe she she can do her job properly if she decides to go for Tygra and make the kind of commintment a relationship takes.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #132
stormbringer
the problem with how this was handled is that up till a couple of episodes ago we hadn't seen cheetara and tygra say so much as two sentences to each other. in fact they acted like they hadn't even met until the first episode.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #133
theking
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Your right, it doesn't work against what is good. Jealousy, greed, pride, these are all considered evil traits. Tygra showed a dark and ugly side that was actually a threat to Lion-o. So its not a suprise the sword worked.

I would like it if she picked her job. She is now a the high cleric, which is kind of like a monk. She has something more important to do then romance. I don't believe she she can do her job properly if she decides to go for Tygra and make the kind of commintment a relationship takes.
I agree with this, since if she kept her relationship with the two professional (without all the physical contact etc.) then there wouldn't be anything to fight about. Now that she has picked Tygra most likely Lion-O isn't gonna give a hoot about what she tells him, with all the supportive lines going in and out of his ear. We have to understand that he is still a teenager here, maybe if she hadn't rushed to make her choice he would have become a better choice than Tygra in the future but unless that's Mumm-ra making out with Tygra, I guess we'll never know
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #134
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
It would be funny if jaga came out the book of omens and was like " f'n A did i make you a cleric for this ?" Cheetara has some growing up to do as well. And as for tygra i think he will just freak out when lion-o surpasses him in skills i just can't see them doing much more with tygra development hence the reason lion-o says to him "when i grow up i hope i'm nothing like you".
Old 11-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #135
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I agree that the writers made Lion-O look weak and Tygra looking strong at his expense as well as detracting from him. It seems that the writer of this and Into The Astral Plane writes for Tygra than anyone else. Tygra ended up looking good in both of those episodes.

I can accept the Duelist beating Lion-O because he is one of the master swordsmen and Lion-O came out stronger in their rematch. However, I find it hard to believe that Lion-O would be beaten at his own game of swordsmanship by Tygra, whether it's in the real world or Astral Plane.

There's no way Lion-O would leave the Sword of Omens to Tygra or anyone else as he's the only one who can activate it. Also someone came up with the point that Lion-O is the last of his bloodline unless he finds a mate (Panthera, anyone?).

You know you bring up a point about Cheetara finding out what happened between Lion-O and Tygra in the Astral Plane. Maybe Lion-O must have told her after they got back.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #136
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
I agree with this, since if she kept her relationship with the two professional (without all the physical contact etc.) then there wouldn't be anything to fight about. Now that she has picked Tygra most likely Lion-O isn't gonna give a hoot about what she tells him, with all the supportive lines going in and out of his ear. We have to understand that he is still a teenager here, maybe if she hadn't rushed to make her choice he would have become a better choice than Tygra in the future but unless that's Mumm-ra making out with Tygra, I guess we'll never know
We must've had the same thought when watching that episode. When I saw her kiss Tygra I was like 'is that Mumm-Ra ' not only would that be shock value but also hystarical and probably be a little cruel. Kind of like Snarf trying to feed panthro. Funny, but poor panthro XD alas, how would Mumm-Ra know about the flower heart? I guess he really would be all powerful. I really want Mumm-Ra to start showing up more with the culdron and psyco babble. Guess we will know next episode.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #137
Arcticfox
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
We must've had the same thought when watching that episode. When I saw her kiss Tygra I was like 'is that Mumm-Ra ' not only would that be shock value but also hystarical and probably be a little cruel. Kind of like Snarf trying to feed panthro. Funny, but poor panthro XD alas, how would Mumm-Ra know about the flower heart? I guess he really would be all powerful. I really want Mumm-Ra to start showing up more with the culdron and psyco babble. Guess we will know next episode.
For the kiddies male/male action doubtful, plus it said cheetara picks her whatever in the promo.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #138
stormbringer
there's really no going back at this point. lion-o will understandably want to keep cheetara at arms length now, and any understanding he and tygra may have reached in the asral plane is lost do to cheetaras choosing tygra.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #139
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
For the kiddies male/male action doubtful, plus it said cheetara picks her whatever in the promo.
I just thought it would be funny. And its also cartoon network, they aren't exactly the most child safe program. Have you seen gumball or adventure time. :l and I thought the promo said 'does cheetara finally choose her beau?' Like I've been saying we still don't know all that is going to happen. That's what cliff hangers are for. I doubt this love triangle is over yet.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #140
Arcticfox
Thunder Kitty
This Week's Plot_ Tygra and Lion-O enter the Astral Plane to retrieve the stone, but encounter Mumm-Ra in the process. Grune and Panthro have their final duel. Cheetara finally chooses her beau.
Not being a smartass sorry. Yes I have watched gumball and regular show and of course the acid trip Adventure Time. but are we comparing Thundercats to those shows. If they continue this love crap/romance thing this is just a hoe baggin cheetara out. She wants Tygra fine... let her make that Brilliant move.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:17 AM   #141
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
This Week's Plot_ Tygra and Lion-O enter the Astral Plane to retrieve the stone, but encounter Mumm-Ra in the process. Grune and Panthro have their final duel. Cheetara finally chooses her beau.
Not being a smartass sorry. Yes I have watched gumball and regular show and of course the acid trip Adventure Time. but are we comparing Thundercats to those shows. If they continue this love crap/romance thing this is just a hoe baggin cheetara out. She wants Tygra fine... let her make that Brilliant move.
Umm, well you kind of are. My bad, it aired Friday and its Sunday. Sorry I didn't remember the summary word for word. I'm not comparing shows, but you said they wouldn't show something because its for kiddies. Which is why I brought up that example, cartoon network still amazes me in what they put in their show. Is Lion-O supposed to just roll over, if he had some actual feelings for her he isn't just going to drop it, that doesn't sound like a guy thing to do. I don't know if your a guy but as a girl I have never know a guy to just stop prusueing when he really likes a girl. And doesn't Tygra going to get a choice? He might decide his brother is more important then to jump right in a relationship with the girl he saw kissing his brother on the cheek. I highly doubt the love triangle is over.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #142
Arcticfox
Thunder Kitty
Sorry Sorry I was just makeing things clear. I'm a male and the way I look at it is as like you just won the game and the girl you like is makeing out with your brother. I've been there! I've done both parts as well move on yada plenty of fish in the sea and fought for her while it kills me inside to see them romantically involved. But Cheetara as far as they know last female. It burns for a long time you want that Kiss or you want that attention. Idk is she thinks that resolves the issue makes me glad there not togther. First for leading him on..........totally avoidable and two ok I chose you play nice now um yah sure.

I think that's why alot of people are saying go somewhere else! The Girl is leading you around your brother is easily manipulated and may kill you.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #143
stormbringer
with tygras jealously of lion-o, it makes me wonder what would happen if lion-o and cheetara did become friends again (we've seen how cheetara can express "sisterly" feelings) would tygra snap and attack lion-o again ?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #144
Pand3mix
Thunder Kitty
It does seem we have fairly similar stances on the whole thing. As someone who is finally moving out of my teen years, and being part of three love triangles and hopefully in no more. And like you said it sucks but you've got to move on. Two of them ended in me looking like the fool and the other I feel like a fool for making the poor decision. And this is a well done show which is why its a little hard not to feel certain things. People like love triangles until they are actually part of one, then you learn no one really wins. So that's why I can't help but be upset, I know its a cartoon and I do look forward to the next season and I hope it won't be black and white about the whole situation but I also help they won't linger on it much longer then needed.

I have a lot of faith in this show. So, I guess we shall see what the future brings for the show. Sorry if sounds like I've been ranting, but I got a lot of free time.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:46 AM   #145
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
What else did Tygra got besides Cheetara? He got the adoration of the Thunderans before its fall and the love from King Claudus. He's beaten Lion-O in every turn since the series premiere.

It's interesting that they showed the love between young Tygra and Claudus in the flashbacks and didn't do the same for young Lion-O.

Season One belonged to Lion-O in a negative way.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #146
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
I think that through meditation the elephants are connected to the astral plane and they may be the ones who told cheetara what happened as they may been seeing everything unfold and maybe that is why they decided to fight because they saw mum-ra. And when ah-nut is talking to lion-o he say few could have done what you did as if he had seen everything. What would now be amazing is if we get to see a ghost grune vs a ghost claudus like the os ghost jaga vs ghost grune and we get to see claudus beat on grune some more and show why he was the king
Old 11-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #147
Yasraina
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I just remembered something friend the sword didn't work on episode 11 against the bird cause it wasn't evil fine by that. If you believe that it worked against Tygra cause in that moment he was evil then you should consider Lion-o evil in the first episode when Claudus to saw him what was capable the sword of in proper hands he attacked Lion-o with it (think of it).
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #148
Superstar
Thunder Kitty
Man why they have to do Lion O like that. Since episode one they have treated dude like crap. Then it doesn't even make sense that he lost to Tygra in a sword fight. Espically considering they had an entire episode of him fighting a master swordsman. Then pile on to the fact he got played by Cheetarah. He lost his player card for that one. They could have at least given him the fight. But alas the minute I seen the arrogance in Lion O concerning Cheteerah it was bound to happen.

Last edited by Superstar; 11-28-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #149
kenshon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Man why they have to do Lion O like that. Since episode one they have treated dude like crap. Then it doesn't even make sense that he lost to Tygra in a sword fight. Espically considering they had an entire episode of him fighting a master swordsman. Then pile on to the fact he got played by Cheetarah. He lost his player card for that one. They could have at least given him the fight. But alas the minute I seen the arrogance in Lion O concerning Cheteerah it was bound to happen.
If his arrogance was the case then Tygra should not have gotten her either they both r arrogant its just Lion-o was basing his comment off the signals he was getting from Cheetara and what Tygra wasn't, but he got played,but I don't see this outcome as a betrayal, him kissing and having a relationship with Cheetara dosen't warrant the title of betrayal, it has to be something else because the premonition was supposed to be betrayal stemming from Tygra himself. Hopefully ep14 will reveal what Tygra betrayal really is cause if this is it, it doesn't feel right. I believe the elephant phrased it as "By bell toll tomorrow you will expierience a betrayal like no other and it will come from your brother." If i am correct the key word here is expierience and not feel.I don't think Lion-o feelings will be the issue that phrase points more to something happening.I just hope they don't make Lion-o look even more weaker than he does by making him lash out,or mopeing around and wounded cause this behavior wouldn't suite his personality and the character they have built so far he just doesn't seem like that type of person to me from what i have seen. Let him be the bigger man and keep his self respect and dignity atleast to show that he is truly different than Tygra.But the dynamics of his relationship with Cheetara will deffinately change and her reactions to it might be interesting to see, a lot of people are calling that kiss a thank -u kiss it looked like more than that too me there was sum serious passion going on there that made the cheek kissing with Lion-o look encouraging and if it wasn't for all the other stuff and the almost kissing mouth to mouth in that 1 ep, I probably would see her intentions as encouragement too.Its like the writers tried to resolve all that build up of a Lion-o/Cheetara pairing with this too down play what we have already seen and too a majority it failed cause we reconize the flaws with it,but I still enjoyed it and will be line when dvds drop to add to my collection.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #150
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I was wondering if someone could explain, in detail why Cheetara loves Tygra? Because i've listened to it and it doesn't make sense to me.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote