TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 07-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
So with all these 80s revamps coming out and Thundercats just barely premiering, what are the odds of Silverhawks also making a comeback if Voltron and Thundercats do well?

Personally I welcome it with open arms as I am a huge fan of that show, and always dug on the toys. I'd love to see vacuum metallic action figures make a comeback.
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
If Thundercats does well, I think it will open the door for a lot of the 80's show. Up until this point, the only sustained 80's properties have been Transformers and, to a lesser degree, G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
I'd like to see the Silverhawks be one of the species on 3rd Earth in the Thundercats show. Then just dump a couple into the main line of toys.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
I'd like to see the Silverhawks be one of the species on 3rd Earth in the Thundercats show. Then just dump a couple into the main line of toys.
Steel Heart and The Copper Kid FTW
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That would be all kinds of awesome.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Lord of the Thundercats
Thundercat Fan
If it does well, I would like to see a re-reboot of Masters of the Universe, possibly a better live action movie than the first one. Or even a Thundercats movie either live action or CGI.
Lord of the Thundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
The last reboot of MOTU was great. I wish I knew why that one was cancelled.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
The last reboot of MOTU was great. I wish I knew why that one was cancelled.
Poor viewership. Kids just weren't interested, though it was a great show for fans. Mix that with retailers and Mattel screwing up the case assortments, and you had a perfect storm for failure. Retailers always wanted He-Man and Skeletor, but that would then limit other characters to 1-2 per case, thus clogging the shelves with He-Man and Skeletor figures. There's only so many variations of the same character parents are going to buy, so that stuff just sat for forever.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:33 AM   #9
mustardwketchup
Thunder Kitty
I've never heard of silverhawks before, so I watched the intro on youtube.

Now I can't stop hearing "silverhaawwks!" in my head.

But it also led me to Tigersharks.... WOW.
mustardwketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Poor viewership. Kids just weren't interested, though it was a great show for fans. Mix that with retailers and Mattel screwing up the case assortments, and you had a perfect storm for failure. Retailers always wanted He-Man and Skeletor, but that would then limit other characters to 1-2 per case, thus clogging the shelves with He-Man and Skeletor figures. There's only so many variations of the same character parents are going to buy, so that stuff just sat for forever.
Yep. 100% THIS.

It was an exciting time to be a MOTU fan, but also a very frustrating one, too. And collecting that line was hard work. Yes, I said WORK, lol. I still display my collection of the 200X stuff proudly. A lot of gasoline, blood, sweat and tears went into getting all those figures. Worth it all though, I'd say.
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If I remember correctly the question of Silverhawks came up during the panel at Comic Con and I believe it was Michael Jelenic who mentioned that it's a possibility that Silverhawks and Tigersharks could show up. Someone please correct me if I heard that incorrectly. It was on the panel video that was posted on the site a couple of weeks ago.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing73 View Post
If I remember correctly the question of Silverhawks came up during the panel at Comic Con and I believe it was Michael Jelenic who mentioned that it's a possibility that Silverhawks and Tigersharks could show up. Someone please correct me if I heard that incorrectly. It was on the panel video that was posted on the site a couple of weeks ago.
I think the exact phrase was something along the lines of a cameo or guest appearance in the new Thundercats series.

I was always a bigger Silverhawks fan than Thundercats, and given its relative obscurity (sorry guys, even MASK probably has more recognition than Silverhawks), I'd be happy with anything given to Silverhawks.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #13
Beej B
Loves the new show!!!
Man, that would be too cool if it actually happens. Surreal even. Here's hoping!
Beej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Eduardo
Thunder Kitty
While I prefer to keep the franchises separate, the Silverhakws appearing may be what Warner needs to finally make plans for releasing the second half of the series in dvd.

(And do the same for Tigersharks... one can hope).
Eduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
tlcmathman
MathCat
I would love to see Silverhawks make a comeback. I'd also love to see The Centurions get a revamp.
tlcmathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #16
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
Figured I'd just let some of you know that you can buy Silverhawks DVD set at Warlmart. I bought it earlier this year.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #17
Eduardo
Thunder Kitty
Problem is that the SilverHawks DVD only covers half the series. Warner never released the second half.
Eduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Would be interesting. Personally, a cameo in the new Thundercats show would be good enough for me. Though I wouldn't be against Silverhawks getting it's own separate reboot. Most especially if they made 8" scaled Classic figures. While I would probably only get a couple of them, they would make nice companions to the Thundercats Classics.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #19
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Poor viewership. Kids just weren't interested, though it was a great show for fans.
That's too bad.Kids just don't know what they are missing.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #20
Thundera
Thundercat!
I would love to see M.A.S.K get a reboot! I always loved have loved that show, and it would be nice to see it get some deserved attention!
Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #21
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
1+ to M.A.S.K!
also, would be cool to have a new Silverhawk Miraj designed!
the new thundertank gives me faith in their skills.
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
I think the exact phrase was something along the lines of a cameo or guest appearance in the new Thundercats series.

I was always a bigger Silverhawks fan than Thundercats, and given its relative obscurity (sorry guys, even MASK probably has more recognition than Silverhawks), I'd be happy with anything given to Silverhawks.
Thanks for the clarification Steevy.

On a related note, Shout Factory has just released the entire M.A.S.K. Series on DVD for those interested.

Yeah I'm kind of bummed they never released the 2nd volume of Silverhawks.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #23
dollman ron
Disabled and handling it.
I bought the first few series of Silver Hawks and then got bored with them; they just were too easy to scratch if you messed with them much, and were too limited to pose. A new series would have to be a lot more poseable for me to pick any up.
dollman ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #24
RedFrame
Conflict Resolution
My understanding is that the reason the second half of the series of Silverhawks never made it to DVD was an inability to acquire rights. It was made on VHS but when it came to the second half for DVD there was a rights/licensing issue. I would love to see it on DVD, I have the first half on DVD and have always loved the series.
RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
I loved the Silverhawks! TALLY HAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to have a new Maraj!
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #26
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
What are "Thurdercats?"
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #27
merlin
wizard
maybe bandai get rights to silverhawks toy line
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #28
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by User897 View Post
What are "Thurdercats?"
they rode the special bus around Thundera
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #29
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Maybe the original poster can fix that error?
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Steelheart
Silverhawk Sergeant
I would LOVE to see SilverHawks return. I was always slightly more of a fan of them than even ThunderCats. I always thought Mandora the Evil Chaster had a very SilverHawks design to her helmet, perhaps she could be redesigned as an actual SilverHawk. Or how cool would it be to see Mon*Star as a ThunderCats villain?

TigerSharks would be great to see too.
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #31
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
A Mon-Star Mumm-Ra team up would be awesome. I would also love to see the SilverHawks come back, maybe even have their own show.
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #32
Matrix_Holder
Thunder Kitty
*Spoilers*
with certain silverhawk and tiger sharks cameos so far ...I hope this leads to more appearances of these great shows.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 09-21-2011 at 09:20 PM..
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #33
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I don't think they should do a silverhawks series yet. I'm also disapointed at the availability of the 6 inch toys that aren't mumm-ra and lion-o. They never learn.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote