TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Ionaca
Shoo fly, don't bother me
I hope they eventually introduce Lynx-O, Bengali and Pumyra as additional main character's,
Ionaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
I think they Cameo'd Lynx-O in episode 1. But if they wanted to, they could bring him in no problem. I have a feeling they will be keeping a tight core for a while tho, with cameos and "friend/villian of the week" situations.

I'd like to see the "Dogs of War" style dog race show up, from the Wildstorm Comics.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Lynx-O was given a cameo, but I do hope he shows up again sometime in the future of the show. Especially since I'd love to get a toy of his new design.

In addition to more of the original characters, I'm looking forward to seeing the new characters they'll be introducing. Like the fish people.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Personally, I want to see the LUNATACS
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
Warrior Maidens. To quote Spike Speigel "I love it when a woman can kick my a**"
ejrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
i hope they don't fall into the trap that transformers did, and only have characters from the original.

i want to see NEW thundercats! and villains, heroes, and "animals"

dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I liked the Lynx-O cameo hope he shows up down the line as a recurring character. Hoping Bengali and Pumyra show up as well and maybe introduce some other new 'Cats.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I'm with Dolza, I want new characters introduced as well.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I doubt we'll see the dogs as an alien race, as canines seem to be one of the main tribes, Jackalman being their leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
i hope they don't fall into the trap that transformers did, and only have characters from the original.

i want to see NEW thundercats! and villains, heroes, and "animals"

Which Transformers? Because Animated used characters from G1, Beast Wars (Blackarachnia, Waspinator), Movie (Blackout), Beast Machines (Strika), Armada (Hot Shot), not to mention brand new ones (Lugnut, Sentinel Prime - while the character did exist before, his role was simply to die and pass the Matrix to Optimus). As much as I don't like Prime, they are also using a mixture of characters from all shows, too bad about the movie-style designs.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
Riono
Thunder Kitty
What about a Claudis (Lion-O's father)? I think that would be a great figure to create.
Riono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #11
Nachtsider
Shadowmancer Supreme
Mandora and a bunch of fugitives she's hunting down would further serve to introduce to the Cats the alien concepts of technology and worlds beyond Thundera's borders, methinks. Jackalman and Monkian, introduced as leaders of their respective species and wary allies of Slythe and his Lizards, could show that the enemy aren't a united front. I'd like for the Driller to make an appearance, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riono View Post
What about a Claudis (Lion-O's father)? I think that would be a great figure to create.
I think you're late to the party...
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
I too would also lover to see Lynx-O, Pumyra, and Ben-Gali added to the main cast later on in the series. All three of them are some of my favorites!

Edit- I should clarify, since the creators said at a panel that all three will eventually appear in the series. What I mean is that I'd prefer for all three to become main cast members, aside the established seven main Thundercats.

I also want to see Hachiman added in. He's always been another favorite of mine!

Snowman is another character I want to see in the series, though, I think he'll be appearing, due to the preview of Snow-Meow that was revealed.

Last edited by Icespark; 08-04-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
ZombieSnake
Thunder Kitty
Hachiman certainly is a must, as are new characters. I think with the varied races we've seen and heard about, we'll see new characters. I'd like to see Hammerhand and his crew come up too.
ZombieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I want Bengali to be in the new series.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #15
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
Anyone know if we'll see Monkian in the future?? I love how they did Slythe so I am hoping for a monkey army as well.
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #16
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination04 View Post
Anyone know if we'll see Monkian in the future?? I love how they did Slythe so I am hoping for a monkey army as well.
If my memory is correct, he's been mentioned to be making an appearance in the future. Though by the sounds of it, he might be one of the characters they'll be renaming, along with Vultereman and Jackalman. Something about giving them their own name, rather than using the name of their species.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
I am absolutely on pins and needles waiting for Bengali.

I would also really enjoy some completely original T-Cats. It would get crowed to have them all fighting together. But we could have like a "first string" with the usual suspects and then a "second string" with Lynx-O, Pumyra, Bengali and 3ish more new originals!!
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I wonder how humans would fit into this series... at all. Mumm-ra has been revealed to be an alien, so he wasn't human either. And I doubt there are any humans living on Third Earth, they'd be a dominant species if they did (as us humans usually try to be. )

From the character sheets shown at IGN, it'd seem the Ro-Bear Berbils, the Trollops and Giantors (all from the same old episode) will be making a re-appearance, as well as the pig-man tax collector (also from an old series episode), a rock troll and some blue saber-tooth like cat.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #19
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Mumm-ra has been revealed to be an alien...
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times since last weeks episode, but honestly, nothing in that episode made me think he was an alien.

Quote:
...some blue saber-tooth like cat.
That's Snowmeow, who I hope gets a toy (both modern and classic would be great).
Old 08-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #20
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
I really hope Mumm-ra's not an alien. That would be only thing about the new series that bothers me so far. I've just always loved the idea of Mumm-ra being an ancient Earth native.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:31 AM   #21
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times since last weeks episode, but honestly, nothing in that episode made me think he was an alien.
Check the scene where he exits his coffin in episode 5's flashback, or the first battle between him and Lion-O in episode 2. He clearly walks on his toes, as opposed to us humans or even the Thundercats, so he is not a human.

Quote:
That's Snowmeow, who I hope gets a toy (both modern and classic would be great).
Oh, the Snowman's mount from the old episode! I remember now. Man, that show had some utterly silly names. The mutant's names are quite unimaginative too (Jackalman, Vultureman). Or just using the suffix "-O" for anything. Must have been a Rankin-Bass thing, considering in Tigersharks the planet had the imaginative name of Water-O.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 08-31-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #22
blueeyedkitty
Thunder Kitty
oh hellz yes!!
blueeyedkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #23
Beast Arrow
Thunder Kitty
I've heard that Monkian and Jackalman will appear in this new series, both being legitimate threats against the Thundercats instead of flunkies like in the original. However, there is a twist:

They will both have actual names.

The preview for "Legacy" also shows that there are Vultures present. If Vultureman makes an appearance, I'd expect him to get an actual name as well.
Beast Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
Jpars002
Thunder Kitty
I wonder if the fox-like creature wit the huge sword on that character preview image circulating about is the new Hachiman.
Jpars002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #25
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Check the scene where he exists his coffin in episode 5's flashback, or the first battle between him and Lion-O in episode 2. He clearly walks on his toes, as opposed to us humans or even the Thundercats, so he is not a human.
No offense, but that makes absolutely no sense. I'm not saying he can't be an alien, just that the way he walks in no way means he wasn't a human, and there has been no indication thus far that he's anything more than a human that was mummified, brought back to life, and given magical powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpars002 View Post
I wonder if the fox-like creature wit the huge sword on that character preview image circulating about is the new Hachiman.
I think that's more than likely one of the new characters they've mentioned. He seems to fit the description of the new character that goes around challenging people at sword battles to win their sword.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 08-31-2011 at 12:14 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #26
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Well, I am an old-school (A)D&D nerd, but I never heard of mummies being altered in a way to walk on their toes, like birds or dinosaurs, after they have been raised from the dead. Which leaves me to believe that while he is definitely undead/everliving (whatever the term is), Mumm-Ra is not human. But guess we'll wait and see which one of us was right. Episode 7 is bound to answer a lot of questions.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #27
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Well, I am an old-school (A)D&D nerd, but I never heard of mummies being altered in a way to walk on their toes, like birds or dinosaurs, after they have been raised from the dead. Which leaves me to believe that while he is definitely undead/everliving (whatever the term is), Mumm-Ra is not human. But guess we'll wait and see which one of us was right. Episode 7 is bound to answer a lot of questions.
There might not be anything forcing him to walk like that. It could just be how he prefers to walk. It's not impossible for people to walk like he does. It's not the most comfortable way to walk, but it's not impossible. We will have to wait and see, but I honestly think he's more than likely a human mummy.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #28
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Mumm-ra may very well be an alien, but walking on his toes is not evidence of it. My cousin has walked on his toes his whole life, and I'm pretty sure he's not an alien. He's just weird.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
Mumm-ra may very well be an alien, but walking on his toes is not evidence of it. My cousin has walked on his toes his whole life, and I'm pretty sure he's not an alien. He's just weird.
Wha... ? really? I am definite that no human can do that for long period of times. Our bones are just not built that way. You might check your cousin, perhaps he is descended from dinosaurs...
Old 09-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #30
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Wha... ? really? I am definite that no human can do that for long period of times. Our bones are just not built that way. You might check your cousin, perhaps he is descended from dinosaurs...
Totally serious. He's around 21 now, and I've spent significant amounts of time with him since he was a baby. I have never seen him not walk on his toes. EVER. He stands on them, walks on them, and runs on them. Like I said, he's weird.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #31
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
You know whom I wouldn't mind seeing in the new series? Lynxana the Hunter. She was a comic-only character, an ex-thundercat who became a bounty hunter. Her backstory, namely being exiled after leading a rebellion against her father and brother because despite being older, she couldn't be an heir due to being a woman, would work quite well with the way Thunderian society was shown in the first episodes.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #32
luigi
GIJoe trooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
Totally serious. He's around 21 now, and I've spent significant amounts of time with him since he was a baby. I have never seen him not walk on his toes. EVER. He stands on them, walks on them, and runs on them. Like I said, he's weird.
maybe he literally can't
if it's defect
it might be that he may not be able to get his foot into a 90 degree angle
a short Achilles tendon could be the cause then

Last edited by luigi; 06-11-2012 at 10:57 PM..
luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #33
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi View Post
maybe he literally can't
if it's defect
it might be that he may not be able to get his foot into a 90 degree angle
a short Achilles tendon could be the cause then
It's a genetic trait that some people have. There were a couple of brothers in my karate class that walk like that, I also worked with a scenic painter who did as well. If you think about it, that's the way the majority of mammals walk, cats, dogs, cows, mice, etc. Pretty much all of them except for the primates I think.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote