TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #6051
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Cheetara succeeded where even Mummra failed, she killed Lion-o.
And now the probably got snarf super pissed
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #6052
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
This is a good example of how writers should stick with what they are best at. They built an amazing mythology, with a world full of interesting characters, but they just had to have this damn triangle...
Yeah, they should just make it L/C from the beginning, like what they have written it for L/C for the first 12 Eps.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #6053
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
That is why you are clear with your feelings from the begining. That is what my brother told his little girls who were cheetara fans. This will make it harder too for him to explain. This could have been avoided from the begining.
Looks like i called it right but i didn't think lion-o would've died
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #6054
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Cheetara: "Please get in line every male cat in thundera, and be patient, eveybody will get his turn..."
Poor Lynx-o will never survive it. Now my mind is starting to drift back to the "old coot jaga" thing we were talking about a while ago.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #6055
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
And now the probably got snarf super pissed
Could Cheetara be the daughter of one of the ancient spirits of evil?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #6056
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Could Cheetara be the daughter of one of the ancient spirits of evil?
Cheetara might be the new Ta-She in the making with more than just a "doom gaze". I didn't think it was possible to mess up a thundercats cartoon like the comics at this rate i can't see this making it to the 52 ep mark, wolverine and the x-men was way better then this and it never made it to a season 2
Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #6057
stormbringer
Quote:
Cheetara might be the new Ta-She in the making with more than just a "doom gaze". I didn't think it was possible to mess up a thundercats cartoon like the comics at this rate i can't see this making it to the 52 ep mark, wolverine and the x-men was way better then this and it never made it to a season 2
I never thought this show would reach the depths of absurdity thay those comics did, but here we are. If Cheetara is revealed to be working with Mummra and giving him sponge baths, the journey to the darkside will be complete.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #6058
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I never thought this show would reach the depths of absurdity thay those comics did, but here we are. If Cheetara is revealed to be working with Mummra and giving him sponge baths, the journey to the darkside will be complete.
And she'll bring tygra along to be a "wiper" for mum-ra.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #6059
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
So is snarf the only survivor like in the comics and the first to meet a resurrected lion-o?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #6060
cmangund
Quote:
Poor Lynx-o will never survive it. Now my mind is starting to drift back to the "old coot jaga" thing we were talking about a while ago.
Jaga already under her belt, no doubt, Claudus and Lynx-O too. Once she's done with all the male cat in thundera she will get bored and move on to a next planet with lots of males to conquer.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #6061
stormbringer
Quote:
So is snarf the only survivor like in the comics and the first to meet a resurrected lion-o?
Sure why not?They can make a "soft reboot" of the series and bring in Bengali and make Pumyra or an aged Wilykit ( if they go the 5 years training in the book route)as the new female lead and potential love interest for Lion-o. At least with a relatively new team of cats, Lion-o might be able to trust them.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #6062
stormbringer
Quote:
Jaga already under her belt, no doubt, Claudus and Lynx-O too. Once she's done with all the male cat in thundera she will get bored and move on to a next planet with lots of males to conquer.
So that's how we'll get to see the original homeworld of the Thunderians.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #6063
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Nah snarf is going to whack cheetara
Old 02-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #6064
cmangund
Quote:
So that's how we'll get to see the original homeworld of the Thunderians.
At this rate Bats romantic conquest form BTAS all the way to JLU is nothing compared to Cheetara's romantic conquest...
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #6065
stormbringer
Quote:
At this rate Bats romantic conquest form BTAS all the way to JLU is nothing compared to Cheetara's romantic conquest...
What the heck did they teach in that cleric school?!?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #6066
stormbringer
Quote:
Nah snarf is going to whack cheetara
Ma-mutt and Snarfer better watch out!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #6067
cmangund
Quote:
What the heck did they teach in that cleric school?!?
The taught their clerics how to be The Perfect Seductress for all types of male species avaliable. Cheetara passed with flying colors as The Best Seductress The Clerics have ever known as it is her dream ever since she was a cub.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #6068
stormbringer
Quote:
The taught their clerics how to be The Perfect Seductress for all types of male species avaliable. Cheetara passed with flying colors as The Best Seductress The Clerics have ever known as it is her dream ever since she was a cub.
That Tygra is one lucky guy! So that's where the term Thundercats Ho came from in the NS , finally an explanation for why only Cheetara responded to Lion-os call at the tower of Omens.

Last edited by stormbringer; 02-12-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #6069
cmangund
Quote:
I agree at this rate slim chance it will happen, eventhough they said there will be at least 52 Eps.

I guess we just have to wait for another better reboot from a capable team, unlike Jelenic and his crew. If there will be another reboot of Tcats after this viasco.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #6070
cmangund
Quote:
That Tygra is one lucky guy! So that's where the term Thundercats Ho came from in the NS , finally an explanation for why only Cheetara responded to Lion-os call at the tower of Omens.
Well like you said the amount of absurdity they have done to the show. It is destroying my Hard Drive Capacity. Albeit it is still in one of my scenarios.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #6071
stormbringer
Quote:
I agree at this rate slim chance it will happen, eventhough they said there will be at least 52 Eps.

I guess we just have to wait for another better reboot from a capable team, unlike Jelenic and his crew. If there will be another reboot of Tcats after this viasco.
Considering that it took a couple of decades to get this series after the OS, it'll take a miracle to get another one after this mess.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #6072
stormbringer
Quote:
Well like you said the amount of absurdity they have done to the show. It is destroying my Hard Drive Capacity. Albeit it is still in one of my scenarios.
I can't wait to see the ratings once this latest episode airs.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #6073
cmangund
Quote:
Considering that it took a couple of decades to get this series after the OS, it'll take a miracle to get another one after this mess.
Yeah. Another option will be just to fix the mess. Albeit the amount of mess keep on piling up.

I will just wait for the next JL direct to video this Feb, with the new bats/ww ship thing.

In the mean time will just rewatch my old BATS all the way JL cartoon again. With the bats/ww ship in JL to clean my mind from this viasco.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #6074
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah. Another option will be just to fix the mess. Albeit the amount of mess keep on piling up.

I will just wait for the next JL direct to video this Feb, with the new bats/ww ship thing.

In the mean time will just rewatch my old BATS all the way JL cartoon again. With the bats/ww ship in JL to clean my mind from this viasco.
Maybe you could send the writers of this show those JL episodes.It'll be good for them to see what good writing looks like.

Last edited by stormbringer; 02-12-2012 at 09:42 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #6075
cmangund
Quote:
Maybe you could send the writers of this show those JL episodes.It'll be good for them to see what good writing looks like.
Jelenic said he is an expert of all things DC and Batman in particular. So If he is telling the truth he watched JL cartoon too, as Timm/Mcduffie bats, superman, JL universe is really famous, fans called it DCAU, the definitive DC comic animated universe.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #6076
stormbringer
Quote:
Jelenic said he is an expert of all things DC and Batman in particular. So If he is telling the truth he watched JL cartoon too, as Timm/Mcduffie bats, superman, JL universe is really famous, fans called it DCAU, the definitive DC comic animated universe.
I miss the DCAU. It's a shame that though Jelenic may like it, he doesn't have the talent to come close to its greatness.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #6077
cmangund
Quote:
I miss the DCAU. It's a shame that though Jelenic may like it, he doesn't have the talent to come close to its greatness.
Yeah it is a damn shame. Jelenic need to return to writing class 101 with Timm, Paul Dini and Mcduffie, if only Mcduffie is still alive...
Old 02-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #6078
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah it is a damn shame. Jelenic need to return to writing class 101 with Timm, Paul Dini and Mcduffie, if only Mcduffie is still alive...
With this storyline, Jelenic proved that not only doesn't be know how to write love triangles, he doesn't understand basic human reactions to situations. How could he possibly have thought this was going to create a positive reaction?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #6079
cmangund
Quote:
With this storyline, Jelenic proved that not only doesn't be know how to write love triangles, he doesn't understand basic human reactions to situations. How could he possibly have thought this was going to create a positive reaction?
I agree. Characters are all being bent to his will and at the mercy of Jelenic's whim. Back at comic con main event, when the host asked EC about the spark between L/C, Jelenic and Spauilding's faces were really serious, its like uh-oh we made some big mistake with T/C since everyone in the event asking for L/C no T/C at all. And we got his comment on "Oh I shouldn't have done that!" in one of the interviews about the fans backlashes. Maybe the real L/C fix will be in season 3 after this because they have practically finished 26 Eps. in season 2 we will still get some L/C but not the real fix yet... provided the show will survive beyond season 2.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-12-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #6080
stormbringer
Quote:
I agree. Characters are all being bent to his will and at the mercy of Jelenic's whim. Back at comic con main event, when the host asked EC about the spark between L/C, Jelenic and Spauilding's faces were really serious, its like uh-oh we made some big mistake with T/C since everyone in the event asking for L/C no T/C at all. And we got his comment on "Oh I shouldn't have done that!" in one of the interviews about the fans backlashes. Maybe the real L/C fix will be in season 3 after this because they have practically finished 26 Eps. in season 2 we will still get some L/C but not the real fix yet... provided the show will survive beyond season 2.
It's like we've been saying for months, if the writers wanted T/C, they should have written it better. Why would viewers think about anything other than L/C, when the writers put all the focus on that pairing?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #6081
cmangund
Quote:
It's like we've been saying for months, if the writers wanted T/C, they should have written it better. Why would viewers think about anything other than L/C, when the writers put all the focus on that pairing?
I think what happened was maybe Jelenic liked T/C, but he wanted to please L/C fans too, and WB's boss ordered the triangle too, and I think the boss prefered L/C as this is Lion-O's story not Tygra's with T/C just there for the drama. So the conflict of interests between the boss and Jelenic. But in the end the boss agreed to take the middle route, he allowed T/C for a time as long as L/C is the main couple in the end.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #6082
stormbringer
Quote:
I think what happened was maybe Jelenic liked T/C, but he wanted to please L/C fans too, and WB's boss ordered the triangle too, and I think the boss prefered L/C as this is Lion-O's story not Tygra's with T/C just there for the drama. So the conflict of interests between the boss and Jelenic. But in the end the boss agreed to take the middle route, he allowed T/C for a time as long as L/C is the main couple in the end.
I wonder how they'll make it believeable that Lion-o would even want Cheetara after this?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #6083
cmangund
Quote:
I wonder how they'll make it believeable that Lion-o would even want Cheetara after this?
Well so far from the spoilers we see that the main focus is still L/C despite T/C running. I think that's was part of WB's boss orders to Jelenic. We still getting another L/C cheek kiss again after Ep13. From Legacy Panthera gave 3-4 cheek kisses before the big kiss, so that symbolizes the long L/C joerney of the triangle. The writing is already so bad that and laughable it is safe and easy to assume they will make "boom" L/C happened properly later on, despite all the mess.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #6084
stormbringer
Quote:
Well so far from the spoilers we see that the main focus is still L/C despite T/C running. I think that's was part of WB's boss orders to Jelenic. We still getting another L/C cheek kiss again after Ep13. From Legacy Panthera gave 3-4 cheek kisses before the big kiss, so that symbolizes the long L/C joerney of the triangle. The writing is already so bad that and laughable it is safe and easy to assume they will make "boom" L/C happened properly later on, despite all the mess.
Yeah that sounds about right. Like I said before, the writed have done a diservice to L/C and T/C.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #6085
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah that sounds about right. Like I said before, the writed have done a diservice to L/C and T/C.
I just cannot take the triangle and L/C seriously anymore. Its just actors and actresses in showbiz. Switching pairings in a flash, even faster then flash himself, as the fastest man alive.

Bats and WW can laugh sarcastically at the the writers for what they did with the L/C romance. Pathetic!

Last edited by cmangund; 02-12-2012 at 10:59 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #6086
stormbringer
Quote:
I just cannot take the triangle and L/C seriously anymore. Its just actors and actresses in showbiz. Switching pairings in a flash, even faster then flash himself, as the fastest man alive.

Bats and WW can laugh sarcastically at the the writers for what they did with the L/C I romance.
I agree,the writers have turned this whole triangle into a joke. I'm never going to believe that Cheetara cares about either of these guys now. If they want romance in the show now, they can't include Cheetara anymore.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #6087
cmangund
Quote:

I agree,the writers have turned this whole triangle into a joke. I'm never going to believe that Cheetara cares about either of these guys now. If they want romance in the show now, they can't include Cheetara anymore.
Maybe Pantrho and Pumyra, their names matches same Ps.

That's why Dan laugh so hard too. He was laughing at the triangle being show biz like he said, in this business nothing is certain not even death.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #6088
stormbringer
Quote:

That's why Dan laugh so hard too. He was laughing at the triangle being show biz like he said, in this business nothing is certain not even death.
I wonder what would happen if they booted Cheetara the tease from the group? Would she try her wiles on Mumm-ra and Slithe, and turn them against each other. Further proving she is the true master of evil.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #6089
cmangund
Quote:
I wonder what would happen if they booted Cheetara the tease from the group? Would she try her wiles on Mumm-ra and Slithe, and turn them against each other. Further proving she is the true master of evil.
Well that sounds about right, its so in character for Cheetara not OOC at all

Mumm-ra and his army beaten by Cheetara the seductress, Cheetara the HOOOOOOOOO! no need for SoO

Now the official battler cry is, Cheet, Cheet, Cheetara HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by cmangund; 02-12-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #6090
stormbringer
Quote:
Well that sounds about right, its so in character for Cheetara not OOC at all

Mumm-ra and his army beaten by Cheetara the seductress, Cheetara the HOOOOOOOOO! no need for SoO
Yeah poor Mumm-ra was stuck in that sarcophacus for centuries. He'll be helpless against Cheetara's seduction.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #6091
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah poor Mumm-ra was stuck in that sarcophacus for centuries. He'll be helpless against Cheetara's seduction.
And that's how the NS will end. Good riddance!

Finally we can get a New Thundercats reboot, properly this time by proper team that respects the OS.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #6092
stormbringer
Quote:
And that's how the NS will end. Good riddance!

Finally we can get a New Thundercats reboot, properly this time by proper team that respects the OS.
Yeah I think I'll just view the NS series as a twisted Mirror universe/ Anti-matter universe version of Thundercats. Sorta like the Justice Lords in JL.

Last edited by stormbringer; 02-12-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #6093
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah I think I'll just view the NS series as a twisted Mirror universe/ Anti-matter universe version of Thundercats. Sorta like the Justice Lords in JL.
Yeah the justice lords storyline .

Hopefully Tcats will be Like Tranformers, where we got serveral reboots already. As bandai also make transformers toys and tcats too. The toys are the main reason why they make the Tcats reboot.

Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand. All of his worries of fan backlashes have come true! Will avoid all of his and Spaulding's works in the future, to save me from similar disappointments. He admited that comedy is what he likes to write, he should just stick to comedy (thus the commedic L/C romance and commedic Triangle ), serious stuff or romance stuff is just light years beyond his ability.

Last edited by cmangund; 02-13-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #6094
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
it looks like we will be getting more bad writing judging from the unofficial source mentioned about ep 14 and 15. i might as well drop the series now because it's only gonna get worse. character development for the main three are pretty much destroyed and there are so much plot holes that it isn't worth watching anymore. for now im gonna stick to watching anime more. for a reboot, im kind of disappointed with this new series. it is not that im being unreasonable, im just saddened that a show with so much potential is ruined.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #6095
L08e16o
Quote:
This is how I feel about the whole thing. If they wanted T/C, they should have develop it from the begining or no romance. Plus they shouldn't have cheetara doing everything pahtera did in legacy.

I look at legacy is the way things will go, but it will take a while and it will be hard to get there.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #6096
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
it looks like we will be getting more bad writing judging from the unofficial source mentioned about ep 14 and 15. i might as well drop the series now because it's only gonna get worse. character development for the main three are pretty much destroyed and there are so much plot holes that it isn't worth watching anymore. for now im gonna stick to watching anime more. for a reboot, im kind of disappointed with this new series. it is not that im being unreasonable, im just saddened that a show with so much potential is ruined.
This is how I feel. I will not watch it anymore, but I will read the spoilers.

What bothers me is the build up about the betrayal and then there is nothing about it. Hello, cheetara you heard about it from Annet twice and there is nothing about it. That is a hole, unless they bring it up later.

Spoiler:
Now tygra gets everything he wanted. They use one epsiode for him to be able to move on and he almost kills lion-o, but lion-o has to die to learn his lesson. Lion-o has loss everything literally.

Naruto has holes, but that series has 573 chapters.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #6097
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't know if that is how it went. But that is how I believe the series will finish, but how long.

It he was going to going to please L/C fans, he should have went another route. This is like them rubbing our face in it.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #6098
L08e16o
Quote:
Quote:
They are mirrors. This howI see it. It shows that lion-o will have a hard time moving on.

What is dumb is no human being could go through what lion-o has and be ok.

I like to see how she reacts when he comes back.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #6099
L08e16o
Quote:

He was telling the truth about death, now the certain part.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #6100
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
This is how I feel. I will not watch it anymore, but I will read the spoilers.

What bothers me is the build up about the betrayal and then there is nothing about it. Hello, cheetara you heard about it from Annet twice and there is nothing about it. That is a hole, unless they bring it up later.

Spoiler:
Now tygra gets everything he wanted. They use one epsiode for him to be able to move on and he almost kills lion-o, but lion-o has to die to learn his lesson. Lion-o has loss everything literally.

Naruto has holes, but that series has 573 chapters.
the series really let a lot of people down and i hope the writers can still redeem this show. after i read that lion dies and then has to go through trials to once again learn a few lessons on how to be a better person/leader, that was it for me. i will stop watching for now but i will still be a bit active on this forum to read posts and to read reactions. the writers are really making me hate this version of liono and the thundercats.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote