TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
For the first time in my life, I'm actually sad about something like this that I cannot have...

Thunder Thursdays: Win ThunderCats' Sword of Omens! - TV Preview at IGN

Apparently they are only making three.
RoftheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
That's really cool. Would've loved to have seen a company like Noble Collection tackle the making of a replica (that way it could be bought by those who want it), but oh well.

Quote:
In addition to this special giveaway, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be handing out free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens on Friday, July 22 and Sunday, July 24.
It's just a foam sword, but that'd be cool to have. Anybody willing to pick one up for me? maybe along with one of those tote bag things? lol......
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
I found this info over at Toy News International (EDIT: Original Source: HERE).

"To celebrate the highly anticipated premiere of ThunderCats, the newest Warner Bros. Animation series on Cartoon Network, the studio has commissioned a replica Sword of Omens, Lion-O's mythical weapon used in the series, to be given away to one lucky fan, exclusively at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2011.

Handcrafted by the artisan Dragon of Renegade Effects Group, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs - but just as tough!) and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.

Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.

Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you could win the Sword of Omens.

In addition to this special prize, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be giving away free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens to fans on Friday, July 22, and Sunday, July 24."

SDCC 2011 Thundercats Sword of Omens

Last edited by Dedboy; 07-16-2011 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Added pictures
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Yep its an amazing piece of craftsmanship. Id love one of those foam versions. Very sad i cant attend. Im sure a couple will turn up on ebay at stupid prices!
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Pink Panthro
Your costume, is SO tacky
...Times like this I wish I didn't live in Illinois... :'(

I'll have to hope I can pick up one of the foam swords for cheapish. Also want one of the convention bags REALLY BAD.
Pink Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Does anyone have the means of finding out, if they will mass produce something like this? Even if it's stainless steel...?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
Does anyone have the means of finding out, if they will mass produce something like this? Even if it's stainless steel...?
If they make a production sword at all, it probably won't be till they get a movie made (assuming they ever do). Which then means it'll be based off of the sword design in said movie, and most likely made by Noble Collection. This hear is meant, as far as I can tell, purely as a one-off thing. Would be cool if they did mass produce it, but I don't see that happening.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Only thing I could see happening is if the person who gets it makes casts of it to sell. I'd love one for Cosplay purposes...
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
"If they make a production sword at all, it probably won't be till they get a movie made (assuming they ever do). Which then means it'll be based off of the sword design in said movie, and most likely made by Noble Collection. This hear is meant, as far as I can tell, purely as a one-off thing. Would be cool if they did mass produce it, but I don't see that happening."

They mass produced the original version, back in 2005.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #10
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
If they make a production sword at all, it probably won't be till they get a movie made (assuming they ever do). Which then means it'll be based off of the sword design in said movie, and most likely made by Noble Collection. This hear is meant, as far as I can tell, purely as a one-off thing. Would be cool if they did mass produce it, but I don't see that happening.
They mass produced the original version back in 2005. It would dumb not to do this version as well.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #11
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Did they do an official Sword of Omens? I've seen a lot of Unofficial ones.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #12
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
They mass produced the original version back in 2005. It would dumb not to do this version as well.
Was the '05 sword an official production? (I'm having a hard time finding information on it). While I'd love to see the new show's sword get a mass produced replica, I'm not going to count on it happening. If it does, that's great, but if it doesn't, it's not too huge of a loss, imho. Even if they did one, it wouldn't be the exact same design as this one. It'd be based off the same design, but certain changes would probably need to be made for mass production. Especially if it was Noble Collection handling it.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
The video makes it seem like there are more than one being made with the whole, "Since each one of these is handmade, does that also mean that each one is gonna be different?" part.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
The video makes it seem like there are more than one being made with the whole, "Since each one of these is handmade, does that also mean that each one is gonna be different?" part.
Hadn't watched the video. The text part of the article had made it seem like there'd only be one. In the video it's mentioned there's three of them. Since all three of them are, essentially, hand-made (meaning he made the masters for each one separately), there's going to be differences. Maybe only minute in nature, but like he said, each one's going to have it's own personality to it.

Assuming they do go and make a production sword, it'll be designed by someone else, and with the mindset of it being a mass production sword.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Was the '05 sword an official production? (I'm having a hard time finding information on it). While I'd love to see the new show's sword get a mass produced replica, I'm not going to count on it happening. If it does, that's great, but if it doesn't, it's not too huge of a loss, imho. Even if they did one, it wouldn't be the exact same design as this one. It'd be based off the same design, but certain changes would probably need to be made for mass production. Especially if it was Noble Collection handling it.

We'll just have to wait and see.
I doubt it was an official release. Here's the link to check it out...

Thundercats Sword of Omens Light's Up! - Anime Swords
Old 07-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #16
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
bleh. I would hope that wasn't official. not only is it not show accurate, the Eye of Thundera is on backwards!
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I'd love one of those swords. Nice.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote