TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #51
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I read it and that just doesn't sound good. I was pretty hopeful until I read this. Is this why Bandai was mum on new toys? Are we not getting any?

What the heck is going on?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #53
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Well let's put it this way, if the show is indeed cancelled, I won't even bother watching the rest of season 2 because there is no point.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #54
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
Like I was saying, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated wasn't on the list on Upfront either. It's getting a 2nd season.

Okay, I guess you want proof too:
LOL, poor Fred. I have to say that Mystery Inc. is a highly underrated show. IMO the best incarnation of Scooby Doo ever.

I have to add with the best love triangle in animation history. Ya know the one with Shaggy, Velma and Scooby LOL

Last edited by Tracer; 03-29-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #55
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Well let's put it this way, if the show is indeed cancelled, I won't even bother watching the rest of season 2 because there is no point.
Maybe they are waiting on the ratings from those episodes to decide?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #56
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
While it sucks he couldn't say anything, it's nice to see that he still responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
I read it and that just doesn't sound good. I was pretty hopeful until I read this. Is this why Bandai was mum on new toys? Are we not getting any?
The reason they didn't have anything new to show at Toy Fair, is because they revealed everything to early. If they hadn't revealed it all back in November, they're Toy Fair booth would have done that (which is what they should have done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
We're still in season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Maybe they are waiting on the ratings from those episodes to decide?
Could be. Might also be that paperwork or something isn't finalized yet, and they couldn't legally say anything about it's continuation yet.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-29-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #57
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Twitter / ThunderCatsNOW: @mitchsantona Hasn't been ...

Dan's been encouraging people to get on @cartoonnetwork's case about it too, maybe everyone should start twatting already.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #58
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Dan's been encouraging people to get on @cartoonnetwork's case about it too, maybe everyone should start twatting already.
Not that I want to doubt word of the show not being canned, isn't ThunderCatsNOW a fan-site? Do they have some sort of inside source for info or something? Also, I'm not seeing this encouragement from Dan...link?

Oh, and not to be a grammar nazi, but I think you meant "tweeting"...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #59
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
That's our Jelenic!
Practically speaking Cheetara and Mumm-ra are already "in bed".

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #60
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Practically speaking Cheetara and Mumm-ra are already "in bed".

Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #61
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Not that I want to doubt word of the show not being canned, isn't ThunderCatsNOW a fan-site? Do they have some sort of inside source for info or something? Also, I'm not seeing this encouragement from Dan...link?

Originally the 52 episodes news thing linked to this, so I figured Dan was involved. I could be totally wrong!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #62
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Stop with all the negative speculation and please, just let it all play out. It's a fantastic reboot... much better than MOTU 200X. It's not going to just disappear. Too much money is invested in this. Just have a little patience and let season 2 kick off. I think once Bandai announces a wave 3 everyone will relax a bit. I do agree, that Bandai's next wave must make everyone drool though!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #63
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

"twatting" sounds better for some reason...
Old 03-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #64
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
@ CreepySariFan

I agree. I think this article is simply someone trying to kick up a fuss on the forum here. It had been LONG confirmed that Thundercats is signed for 52 episodes. It has been LONG confirmed that they (to an extent) "rushed" the first season, and it has been LONG confirmed that Thundercats is doing just fine in ratings and popularity. Suddenly, just because there is NO mention of ANYTHING on some obscure article, the poster of this thread is making mountains of Mole (master) Hills.

With regards to the episodes in Ireland, I'll have to go back and find the article, but there was a RUMOR of some licencing issues with regards to airing the show in North America. Cartoon Network is also currently expanding. It was announced is Feb. that CN will be coming to Canada this year - So they MAY be waiting for that expansion before they start to really push Thundercats.

The toys: Bandai made it clear that Thundercats was their new life-line with regards to male oriented toys. I highly doubt that they have simply given up. Let's try to remember that so far there are only 14 episodes, they have as many toys out as they have characters. Let’s see what happens with Pumyra, and (crossed fingers) BENGALI!!!!!!

Perhaps we should all simply show our support for the show, instead of nay-saying and complaining.
i wasn't "trying to kick up a fuss on the forum" when i posted the link to the toynewsi articule. i was on toynewsi and i read the articule and i thought other fans might be interested in reading it since it brought up legitimate concerns on the show's fate. which i also thought they should be aware of, i don't get off on causing a panic.
i love the show i don't want to see it end. also you can show support for a program but at the same time be concerned over it's fate so i'll be watching till the end whenever that may be.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #65
OmenSeeker
Thunder Kitty
On a totally unrelated note, I was at my local Toys R Us tonight and the bulk of the toy line was red-tagged as clearance. The slashed prices are also reflected on toysrus.com. Make of that what you will.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #66
L08e16o
Quote:

There were a lot of people who pushed for another big o season, CN made fun on them.

CN only cares for their cartoons.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #67
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcphoto View Post
Stop with all the negative speculation and please, just let it all play out. It's a fantastic reboot... much better than MOTU 200X. It's not going to just disappear. Too much money is invested in this. Just have a little patience and let season 2 kick off. I think once Bandai announces a wave 3 everyone will relax a bit. I do agree, that Bandai's next wave must make everyone drool though!
You're right they have invested a lot of money, but you can't keep investing more money into it if it is a sinking ship.

This happens in Japan all the time. Now their fans are hardcore, they buy everything. Plus manga and animators listen to their fans and don't pi$$ them off. Fans are money.

TCats should have invested in toys and DVD sales.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #68
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike78a View Post
i wasn't "trying to kick up a fuss on the forum" when i posted the link to the toynewsi articule. i was on toynewsi and i read the articule and i thought other fans might be interested in reading it since it brought up legitimate concerns on the show's fate. which i also thought they should be aware of, i don't get off on causing a panic.
i love the show i don't want to see it end. also you can show support for a program but at the same time be concerned over it's fate so i'll be watching till the end whenever that may be.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #69
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
There were a lot of people who pushed for another big o season, CN made fun on them.

Which is a shame. Especially since most of their own cartoons stink.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #70
L08e16o
Quote:
Which is a shame. Especially since most of their own cartoons stink.
Half of us can draw that crap.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #71
stormbringer
Quote:
Half of us can draw that crap.
Their own shows are the equivalent of reality shows. Cheap, pointless, and poorly made.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #72
L08e16o
Quote:
Their own shows are the equivalent of reality shows. Cheap, pointless, and poorly made.
Most of that crap on AS is a insult.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #73
stormbringer
Quote:
Agreed. I only watch AS on Saturday, when they show the anime.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #74
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed. I only watch AS on Saturday, when they show the anime.
Same here.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #75
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
I don't even watch AS anymore. All the love and soul has been sucked out of it.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #76
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

You know what? They tried, at least. It's better than sitting down and being quiet when it's something you care passionately about.

If you can't spare a few minutes to slap down a twat then you've let everyone down.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #77
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
You know what? They tried, at least. It's better than sitting down and being quiet when it's something you care passionately about.

If you can't spare a few minutes to slap down a twat then you've let everyone down.
I think I love you.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #78
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I think I love you.
Was it all the twat talk?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #79
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Was it all the twat talk?
Oh baby, that's the stuff.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #80
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally the 52 episodes news thing linked to this, so I figured Dan was involved. I could be totally wrong!
52 episodes news thing?...I feel lost...

Quote:
See, I can't tell if you're being serious anymore...I'm just going to assume you're attempting to inject some humor into the situation...

On the serious side of things, I don't tweet, and don't plan to. There are other ways to get CN's attention. I just hope that they take any attention they get over this seriously, rather than brushing it to the side and continuing on with the poor way they seem to handle shows they don't directly make themselves.

Edit: Sent in a question/comment on the situation to Cartoon Network. I honestly don't expect to get anything but legal jargon in return, but sending it in couldn't hurt.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-29-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #81
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
52 episodes news thing?...I feel lost...
http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...-episodes-294/

Quote:
See, I can't tell if you're being serious anymore...I'm just going to assume you're attempting to inject some humor into the situation...
I'm definitely trying to inject some humor. I'm very tired of being stressed about this. I shouldn't be, since it's just a cartoon and everything, but I need ThunderCats for motivation at work right now.

Quote:
On the serious side of things, I don't tweet, and don't plan to. There are other ways to get CN's attention. I just hope that they take any attention they get over this seriously, rather than brushing it to the side and continuing on with the poor way they seem to handle shows they don't directly make themselves.

Edit: Sent in a question/comment on the situation to Cartoon Network. I honestly don't expect to get anything but legal jargon in return, but sending it in couldn't hurt.
I'd consider this doing something. Thanks for doing so.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #82
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Thanks for the info.
your welcome? was that a sarcastic thanks or a genuine thanks?

Last edited by spike78a; 03-30-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Old 03-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #83
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I'm not going to assume it's cancelled quite yet, I could swear they was news last year about it being 52 episodes? Maybe it's being moved, maybe CN just doesn't want to promote it right now for whatever reason. I'll just wait and see how it plays out before getting upset.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #84
Balgus82
Quote:

Yeah TcatsNOW is a fan site just like this one.

This is what Dan has said word for word on FB.

"If everyone is reaaaallly worried about it, stand up and shout. Let your voices be heard. Help get the word out. It's not over till Mumm-Ra wins! Keep your chin up and enjoy the show!!"
Old 03-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #85
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Although I do admit it makes me a little concerned when the creators say things like that.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #86
Balgus82
Personally I think it means that nothing is concrete yet. Like decisions are still being made.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #87
stormbringer
Quote:
Personally I think it means that nothing is concrete yet. Like decisions are still being made.
I hope that the show makes it.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #88
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Quote:
Finally we all agree on something! I used to watch Toonami, but that too had the soul sucked out of it. And then it became Adult Swim, and it was like the dumping ground for all the crap that no one else would air. It's like, they were so poorly made, so cheaply made, that even the most miniscule of ratings would bring in some profit. Aside from some decent anime that was imported, Adult Swim is a tower of burning excrement.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #89
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
While I'd like to believe that both that and their bit about it not being cancelled both came from Dan, I see no reason to believe that both are. Like this site, they're bound to get their info from multiple sources.

Quote:
I'm definitely trying to inject some humor. I'm very tired of being stressed about this. I shouldn't be, since it's just a cartoon and everything, but I need ThunderCats for motivation at work right now.
Ok, I was hoping the whole "twat" and "twatting" thing was an attempt at humor...

Quote:
I'd consider this doing something. Thanks for doing so.
No problem. I've got a couple of friends that I'll be able to convince to do the same, and there's bound to be at least one more way I can too.

Quote:
This is what Dan has said word for word on FB.

"If everyone is reaaaallly worried about it, stand up and shout. Let your voices be heard. Help get the word out. It's not over till Mumm-Ra wins! Keep your chin up and enjoy the show!!"
I don't have a Facebook account anymore, so I didn't know he said that, lol...

Quote:
I'm hoping that's the case. Not having everything finalized for next year would have been why Dan wasn't able to say anything on the subject.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #90
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
This is bad news.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #91
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I agree that based on what the creators have said, our concerns about the show being dropped seem "valid".

This wouldn't be the first time a show is cancelled with new episodes currently in production. Some shows have gone off the air only to be later released on DVD with the additional new episodes included that were never shown on network television.

IMHO they need to (and looking at Aprils episode lists it looks like they are going there) back in the direction of using episodes to explore the Thundercats new world and introducing them (and us) to new and exciting characters. I think this is what made the OS so great and one of the reasons why two of the most talked about episodes from the NS are "Song of the Petalers" and "The Deulist and the Drifter".
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #92
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Spectacular Spider-Man anyone? They were in the process of working on Season 2 when Sony canned the show.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #93
stormbringer
I guess like Samurai Jack, Symbyotic Titan, Spectacular Spider-Man etc, Thundercats is going to end well before its time.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #94
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Although I certainly do not believe that a lack of information means there is valid evidence to say the show is cancelled, I have still emails CN and made my thoughts politely known. Anyone else?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #95
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
I guess like Samurai Jack, Symbyotic Titan, Spectacular Spider-Man etc, Thundercats is going to end well before its time.
What the hell are you talking about? Samurai Jack ran for four seasons!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #96
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Samurai Jack ran for four seasons!
But it didn't get a true conclusion to its storyline.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #97
Joe Moore
Administrator
I sent an email to one of my contacts at Cartoon Network. See if I get anything back.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #98
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
But it didn't get a true conclusion to its storyline.
That is true, but you can't use a show that had a decent run as an example of something that was tragically cut short. The other two examples remain valid though.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #99
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike78a View Post
Just because there is no information, doesn't mean you can just make up possibilities and claim them as truth. There was WAVE 2 of toys and a brand spanking new comic book coming out. Why invest even more money just cancel it. So it comes across like a needless fuss.

Dan Norton is an Art Director. Not a CN Executive. He may very well not actually be allowed to make the sort of public statements that could say whether a show has been cancelled of not. I would say, based on his comments that either...
A) He doesn't have any official word yet, and therefore says to support the show anyway.
B) CN wants a new direction and there is some debate about where to go with this new show, for more toys, merch, etc...

We can all either, sit here and worry or we can show CN that ThunderCats Fans are wide diverse brotherhood/Family and that cancelling our show will FLOOD them with angry emails!!! GET EMAILING CN GUYS AND GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #100
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
Although I certainly do not believe that a lack of information means there is valid evidence to say the show is cancelled, I have still emails CN and made my thoughts politely known. Anyone else?
I don't believe anyone has said there is "valid evidence" only "valid concern".
Closed Thread