TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #51
dolf334
Thunder Kitty
I would imangine that these are going to be hard to find since every Walmart, KMart, and TRU has their pegs over flowing with TCats right now. There is literally no room to put these out.
dolf334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #52
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by eero View Post
Anyone received an answer on this? Mods, have you been able to do any reporting on it? Customer Service hasn't answered my question submitted on Friday.

Thanks!
I haven't gotten a response back yet either (sent mine in on Thursday), but I don't expect to get one for at least another week. Their 2-4 business day estimation has never been correct for any of my previous inquiries, and I don't expect that to change for this one.

Considering these are supposed to come out next month, I don't expect these 6" Classics to be anything more than an expansion of the line, and seriously doubt they are replacing the 8" scale. Especially considering since Bandai was upfront about Lion-O and Tygra being the only 8" Classics planned for this year.

Still, we should wait and see, but I doubt we have anything to worry about. If anything this is a good sign, as it means the Classics line as a whole is growing, which means more opportunities for things we weren't quite expecting from them.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #53
eero
"ero" with an extra "e"
Heard back from them today. Here's their response, followed by what I had written:

Bandai America appreciates your recent ThunderCats purchases.

As of this writing, we don't have any specific changes or additions to share regarding our product assortments but feedback from consumers is a valuable asset in creating and marketing our products. Your interest in the Classics in particularly the 8" scale in a Classic figures will be shared with our product development teams.

Please may stay posted to HOME - ThunderCats for toy brand details and product updates.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Bandai America

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:33 PM
To: Bandai Customer Service; webmaster
Subject: Bandai.com Contact Form: Scale change in Thundercats Classics?

SUBJECT: Scale change in Thundercats Classics?
CATEGORY: Customer Service
This is a Question

I just recently invested in the new Thundercats Classics Lion-O and Tygra 8" figures, but I've recently seen solicitations for a new wave of 6" Classic figures. Is the Classics line going to be 6" only going forward, or will there continue to be Classics in the 8" scale?

Thanks for your time.

XXX
eero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #54
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
pretty typical. crappy responses with little to no good info.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #55
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by eero View Post
Bandai America appreciates your recent ThunderCats purchases.

As of this writing, we don't have any specific changes or additions to share regarding our product assortments but feedback from consumers is a valuable asset in creating and marketing our products. Your interest in the Classics in particularly the 8" scale in a Classic figures will be shared with our product development teams.

Please may stay posted to HOME - ThunderCats for toy brand details and product updates.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Bandai America
That's exactly the same response I got, and pretty much what I was expecting.

I still think we shouldn't have anything to worry about. Though one thing does seem odd. If these are supposed to be coming out in November, why haven't wee seen a single picture of any of them?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #56
JamesBenjamin
Thunder Kitty
So no pics yet?
JamesBenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #57
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Part of me is a bit annoyed that I now have 2 figures that won't ever fit in with any other line while e side of me is happy we are getting 6" classic figures.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #58
Star Saber
Thunder Kitty
Interesting to hear we're getting 6" Classics. I'm a bit disappointed because I just got both the 8" ones but I'll probably dump the regulat one, keep the SDCC one, and grab this. The 6" one would fit in nicely with Marvel Legends and DCUC for some crossover display
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #59
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
So no pics yet?
Not that I've seen anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kahn View Post
Part of me is a bit annoyed that I now have 2 figures that won't ever fit in with any other line while e side of me is happy we are getting 6" classic figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
Interesting to hear we're getting 6" Classics. I'm a bit disappointed because I just got both the 8" ones but I'll probably dump the regulat one, keep the SDCC one, and grab this. The 6" one would fit in nicely with Marvel Legends and DCUC for some crossover display
For all we know atm, the 8" line could still be continuing, and I think it most likely will. The existence of these 6" Classics doesn't necessarily mean that they're dropping the 8" scale. We'll have to wait and see to know for sure, but I'm confident we don't have anything to worry about.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #60
Star Saber
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Not that I've seen anyways...

For all we know atm, the 8" line could still be continuing, and I think it most likely will. The existence of these 6" Classics doesn't necessarily mean that they're dropping the 8" scale. We'll have to wait and see to know for sure, but I'm confident we don't have anything to worry about.
Yeah true, however, the 6" figs are more appealing because they'll be cheaper and fit in better with other lines. The details on the 8" figures aren't that detailed and would probably look better as 6" figures.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #61
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
Yeah true, however, the 6" figs are more appealing because they'll be cheaper and fit in better with other lines. The details on the 8" figures aren't that detailed and would probably look better as 6" figures.
True, which is why I might skip 8" Tygra and stick with the 6" figures. I was just saying that we should remain optimistic about the future of the 8" scaled figures. Someone like Mumm-Ra might actually be better scaled if he was an 8" figure.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #62
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Regardless if they are dropping the 8" line or not ( I hope not! ), they are amazing figures to get. I still recommend them!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #63
Star Saber
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
True, which is why I might skip 8" Tygra and stick with the 6" figures. I was just saying that we should remain optimistic about the future of the 8" scaled figures. Someone like Mumm-Ra might actually be better scaled if he was an 8" figure.
True, however, I think it will be difficult for Bandai to give the Classics iteration two different scales going forward when it caters mainly to collectors. It would be better for them to stick to a size and be profitable than to make two sizes that are relatively close to each other and split the collectors in between.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #64
Mummra
Thunder Kitty
Jay from Toynewsi.com posted the following tweets recently:

"Official word on the status of both 6" and 8" Classics expected soon" #Thundercats

"Nothing confirmed yet, but I have info that leads me to believe we might have jumped the gun on the #Thundercats 8" Classics demise."

Twitter

Exciting news if we can have both!
Mummra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #65
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
If we have 6" and 8" classics how many people would actually buy both scales?
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #66
EverLiving
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
This is a small Wave 2, most likely it was planned out in advance of selling Wave 1. Most likely we will be having a large Wave 3 late 2012. I'm glad we are getting two new figs (Slithe and Claudus) but sad that the rest are variations of characters we already have. I think a Jaga would have been sweet.
Couldn't have said it any better. I am so underwhelmed here - love the Claudus & Slithe, but Jaga would have made it complete. I guess I'm greedy because I come from collecting Star Wars were we get up to 50 figs a year in a line (of course depending on the year those figs may or may be easy to find). This just seems ridiculous that after the first wave, we have to wait 4 months (I don't buy this either - if they are coming in Nov where are the pics?) and the majority of figs are new versions of ones we got. It's an ok thing to do with larger waves or a higher frequency of waves, but at this pace and with a low number of figures, I'm afraid they'll sap any remaining excitement for the line.
EverLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #67
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummra View Post
Jay from Toynewsi.com posted the following tweets recently:

"Official word on the status of both 6" and 8" Classics expected soon" #Thundercats

"Nothing confirmed yet, but I have info that leads me to believe we might have jumped the gun on the #Thundercats 8" Classics demise."

Twitter

Exciting news if we can have both!
Perhaps they'll do only the core team in 8" to finish the team AND then do everyone else plus the core team in the 6"?

Since November is almost here we will be seeing stuff soon and hearing news sooner I hope.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #68
Nazgul777
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolf334 View Post
I would imangine that these are going to be hard to find since every Walmart, KMart, and TRU has their pegs over flowing with TCats right now. There is literally no room to put these out.
Ha! I wish that were true here, the only store in three towns that has any is the walmart I barely get a chance to check. That's one walmart out of four, plus a target and a Kmart. Just snagged my first fig of the line, Cheetara, today.

Back on topic, It's unfortunate that Bandai will have to back track on the classics line, but I think 6" classics will work out better in the long run. Maybe this is just one of the hiccups Bandai America can learn from on the road to joining the modern toy industry. Baby steps towards better Sentai (and Godzilla, fingers crossed) lines in the future. But man, can't wait for Claudus!

Also, Berbils. I need them. Yesterday. Make it happen, bandai.
Nazgul777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #69
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
I can't wait to see pictures of them! Especially the Amor of Omens! It's also really good to see these are at a reasonable price! A 12" suit of armor for $25? Yes, please!

I'm also hoping for a Jaga!

If they still plan to make those deluxe figures, I would happily purchase a deluxe Claudis with Larry Kenny voice chip....

As for the Classics, I've only purchased Comic-Con Lion-O, so, I can wait to see what happens with the scale; I'm rather curious to know what they plan to do. I did kind of like having Thundercats figures in scale with my Final Fantasy collection though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolf334 View Post
Not where I live. The stores near me have no Thundercats at all! No figures, not even shelf price stickers. I only own Comic-Con Lion-O, due having ordered him.
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #70
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
I'm pretty surprised Bandai cancelled the 8" classics, but I'll buy whatever classics they make...I can't stop my plastic addiction!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #71
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedboy View Post
I'm pretty surprised Bandai cancelled the 8" classics...
Unless I missed something, they haven't. The existence of 6" Classics doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be continuing with the 8" Classics.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #72
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
I'm waiting for some generic lizards to hit. I want a squad of lizard soldiers for my t-cats to woop on.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #73
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
I'm waiting for some generic lizards to hit. I want a squad of lizard soldiers for my t-cats to woop on.
Me too! I have the one from the Lizard Canon toy, but I'd like to just be able to buy the lizards. Maybe a two or three pack with a couple variations. I've been tempted to buy another Lizard Canon or two...
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #74
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad16 View Post
I agree I don't get the big deal with motu figures I mean there's no comparison with the thundercats. the cats are so much better!!!
Masters of the Universe Classics are AWESOME!!! I love the new Thundercats stuff, but I am a He-Man fan first and the sculpting of the Thundercats classics doesn't even come close to the awesomeness of the sculpting on the Master of the Universe Classics line!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #75
shmashwitdaclub
Thunder Kitty
I posted in the toys thread, but I noticed yesterday that BBTS pulled down all of the new listings...
shmashwitdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #76
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmashwitdaclub View Post
I posted in the toys thread, but I noticed yesterday that BBTS pulled down all of the new listings...
hmmm perhaps they got their nose slapped a bit? BBTS does this all the time with numerous lines and sometimes the companies don't like it when it happens. BBTS has had to take down listings for this very reason before.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #77
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmashwitdaclub View Post
The listings themselves are still there, but can't be found by searching for them on BBTS's site. You can still get to them buy clicking on the links in this thread/on the front page.