TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #51
Jlogano20
Thunder Kitty
im still mad its over without getting 6inch wilys
Jlogano20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #52
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlogano20 View Post
im still mad its over without getting 6inch wilys
I think the Wilys go perfect with the 6 inch figures IMO.....
Thundercat4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #53
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercat4Life View Post
I think the Wilys go perfect with the 6 inch figures IMO.....
The 4" Wilys definitely are closer in scale with the 6" figures than with the other 4" figures. It isn't perfect, but it is much closer. Some people forget how much smaller those two actually are standing next to the rest of the cast:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wily-kit.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1328
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #54
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Found 2 at the 3rd Marshall's I went to nice. Good thing I checked this site first before buying one on EBay.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #55
evilanimation
Thunder Kitty
Check ross they had all the figures and the little bobble head looking pack.
evilanimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #56
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Anyone find a Storm Chaser?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #57
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Evil you talking about the 4-inch or 6-inch line? You remember what they had?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #58
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Lody I saw some Thundertanks and the Tower at the Marshall's I went to yesterday. I didn't notice a Storm Chaser.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #59
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing73 View Post
Lody I saw some Thundertanks and the Tower at the Marshall's I went to yesterday. I didn't notice a Storm Chaser.
Saw those too but I am just seeking a Storm Chaser
Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #60
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Sounds like youre looking for a vehicle from the movie Twister. Its the Storm Charger not Chaser. This is Thundercats not the weather channel =) just kidding around with you guy's. Its hard to convey humor in text. Hopefully they'll show up at discount stores one day soon.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #61
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
I need Storm Charger also
Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #62
ecmagee1984
Thunder Kitty
if anybody has a 6in tygra for sale let me know. I have 6 inch panther and cheetara for trade.
ecmagee1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #63
Nymesys Prime
Thunder Kitty
Havent seen the Storm Charger at Marshalls or Ross yet...ebay scalps at $40 buck...I paid it at the time for fear of never seeing it at retail but I will be on the look for it. Scored Tygras n others in the last week or so...Will let you know what i come up with.
Nymesys Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #64
1987olds442
Thunder Kitty
I still need to find a Tygra. I have been checking the local T.J.Maxx stores, but no luck yet
1987olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #65
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
I have a SPARE in package 6" Tygra... I paid $17.99 for it at Entertainment Earth. Let me know if you want it... If 17.99 is too much, let me know what you have in trade. Any ORIGINAL Tcat stuff? I live in Ohio/USA...
thunderbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #66
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987olds442 View Post
I still need to find a Tygra. I have been checking the local T.J.Maxx stores, but no luck yet
Probably cause you need to look in Marshall's
Old 08-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #67
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
I have a Tygra MOC $22 shipped to US PM me if interested?
Old 08-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #68
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
I have a tygra for 17 shipped in usa, 20 shipped international

U want it loose deduct 2$

Thanks
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #69
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
I thought you were selling them for $70?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:07 AM   #70
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
I thought you were selling them for $70?

I was 2 months agoc, and I sold them for $120 to, only have 1 though at the price listed so u got to act fast
Old 08-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #71
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
OK lower my price to match competitors $17 shipped?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #72
rapido3
Thunder Kitty
I am currently looking for a 6" Tygra. Does anyone here currently have one that they'd like to sell for a reasonable price?
rapido3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #73
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
What's your offer?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #74
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Paid 17.99 for him... Asking for the same (plus shipping). I am in OHIO/USA. Or, trade for any OS figures I may still need... LMK.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #75
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
Still got 1 Tygra left anyone interested?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #76
evilanimation
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys going through my collection I found some extras for sale
Evilanimations BST
evilanimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #77
jmf243
Thunder Kitty
Anybody have an extra Tygra I could buy?
jmf243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #78
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf243 View Post
Anybody have an extra Tygra I could buy?

I have one i was gonna put in a set of four, but if u have a price in mind I wouldn't mind selling it.

NO Its not 5.99
Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #79
jmf243
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
I have one i was gonna put in a set of four, but if u have a price in mind I wouldn't mind selling it.

NO Its not 5.99
I sent you a PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #80
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Got one from Entertainment Earth MONTHS Ago at $17.99. So, that plus shipping and its yours... Or whoever wants it. If you live in Central Ohio, We can meet and NO SHIPPING COSTS that way.

I offered him up about 6 times now... and no takers yet. Just re-cooping my cost. Its a break even issue with me is all.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #81
jmf243
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbee View Post
Got one from Entertainment Earth MONTHS Ago at $17.99. So, that plus shipping and its yours... Or whoever wants it. If you live in Central Ohio, We can meet and NO SHIPPING COSTS that way.

I offered him up about 6 times now... and no takers yet. Just re-cooping my cost. Its a break even issue with me is all.
Do you know how much shipping to 16868 would be?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #82
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
Damn! too bad i didn't see this thread back in april!!! i checked all my local stores. TJmaxx, Marshalls, Ross, Ollies, none have ANY thundercats stuff, let alone 6in tygras. Granted it's several months later, and after christmas, but there's always hoping. I was hoping to find one for myself, and take any extra to put up on this forum in the spirit of generosity others have been displaying.
I had an extra 6in Cheetara i returned to walmart a few months ago to get my $11 bucks back. Had i know about this stuff going on around the forums online, i'd have offered it up here instead. i know she had been hard to find to many too.

So now i'm hoping there still at least one more upright citizen/fellow thundercat fan looking to do their civic duty of generosity against the price hiking scalpers.
(also, there serisouly needs to be an enlightening boycot movement against overpricing scalpers. If everyone stuck to their set reasonable prices, and agreed not to overpay. They these scalpers wouldn't exist as there'd be no point in it. as if that will ever happen)

Anybody got a low price 6in Tygra for me to complete my collectoin?

Please let me know. PM. Thanks
ChimmyCartoonKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #83
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Had you checked the market place, I had one up there at 23.00, the deal is still pending, so I technically still have it, just awaiting the other reply. Always check the market place.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #84
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
The Amazon price fluctuates, but as of right now, he is going for $25.03 and has free shipping:

Amazon.com: ThunderCats 6" Tygra Collectors Action Figure: Toys & Games

Last edited by englishw; 01-10-2013 at 06:08 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #85
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
there was a like new one for 15 on amazon. i know thats a good deal, but thats still steep for a 6in(more like 4in) scale figure. regardless of rarity. and i got the rest of my line for clearance prices. $4-$7. if i could get a marshalls extra and pay actual plus shipping, like some lucky others got on here, that be ideal. just putting the line out and hoping i get a bite in time.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #86
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
15 bucks is almost a steal for a modern figure. I highly doubt you will ever find a Tygra at like the 4 bucks your willing to pay unless you find it yourself sadly. Hes still pretty rare no matter how you look at it.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #87
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimmyCartoonKid View Post
there was a like new one for 15 on amazon. i know thats a good deal, but thats still steep for a 6in(more like 4in) scale figure. regardless of rarity. and i got the rest of my line for clearance prices. $4-$7. if i could get a marshalls extra and pay actual plus shipping, like some lucky others got on here, that be ideal. just putting the line out and hoping i get a bite in time.
Not to bring up an old argument, but...

$15 steep for a 6" figure? Perhaps. but 1. Your talking about 6" Tygra. You know...the one that was VERY hard to find at a reasonable price (whatever that means). At one point some people were paying over $100 for him.

and he was released in a limited number, because (I'm just guessing here) he started production just as they were cancelleing the line....had he been a month or two off, I doubt he would have been made.

as for cost, I'm going to guess you dont collect MOTUC? thats like $30+ for 1 figure!

anyways....good luck on your pipe dream.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #88
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
haha. i don't see how its a pipe dram. i'm not saying what people are saying isn't true. but in the end its just hollow plastic, not solid gold. i think you guys are making him out to be diamonds in value. yeah there are idiots who spent $100, but theres plenty of gullible, foolish, people in the world, who do dumb things everyday. doesn't mean they should be given credibility.

3 people on here got them. ~$6from marshalls plus shipping to their house. thats ~$11, not too unreasonable. i'm sure theres some other helpful fans out there with extras as have already been on here. its just a matter of them seeing the call, and deciding to answer generously.

at for Matty Collectors
i've got 2 Merman, $16(shipped) for the original green, $17 for the TRU both Blue & Aquaman 2 pack limiteds. Did i get lucky. Yes. are there a few other characters i want, heck yeah. Am i gonna for out $30 or more, let alone the membership fees and all the other Bullshit. Hell NO! it doesn't say STUPID when i look in the mirror. they don't deserve fans money with their devolving practices. and dont get me started about the preorder Young Justice Miss Martian/Superboy 2 pack, to complete that group. for $50+overpriced S&H (and oh yeah, weren't not making them unless enough of you fork over piles of cash in advance). They're almost as big a crooks as the scalpers.

it's not matter of how big a fan, its a matter of principles. i don't think an $11 tygra is too much to ask. i do appreciate everyones helpful responses/input though.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #89
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
P.S. my mistake, the amazon one was actually $18.70, which i'm sure you all would still say is a steal. but
honestly if you've got that much expendable money burning holes in your pockets that you feel an urgent responsibility to spend it on $35-$100 Tygras, or Chief Carnivuss, etc. because your afraid you may never see one again. why not donate that 'useless cash' to some reputable endangered tiger or other animal funds, to serve a noble purpose saving the dwindling LIVING creatures these iconic fav characters are based off of, some of which number in less than 1,000 to a even couple hundred. which i'm sure is far less than these 'RARE' figure production counts.
...if someone who spent $100 reads this, i'd think their brain must explode. it aught too, really.

I'm just saying.... when you put it all in perspective, It's beyond absurd.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #90
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
haha. i don't see how its a pipe dram. i'm not saying what people are saying isn't true. but in the end its just hollow plastic, not solid gold. i think you guys are making him out to be diamonds in value. yeah there are idiots who spent $100, but theres plenty of gullible, foolish, people in the world, who do dumb things everyday. doesn't mean they should be given credibility.

3 people on here got them. ~$6from marshalls plus shipping to their house. thats ~$11, not too unreasonable. i'm sure theres some other helpful fans out there with extras as have already been on here. its just a matter of them seeing the call, and deciding to answer generously.

at for Matty Collectors
i've got 2 Merman, $16(shipped) for the original green, $17 for the TRU both Blue & Aquaman 2 pack limiteds. Did i get lucky. Yes. are there a few other characters i want, heck yeah. Am i gonna for out $30 or more, let alone the membership fees and all the other Bullshit. Hell NO! it doesn't say STUPID when i look in the mirror. they don't deserve fans money with their devolving practices. and dont get me started about the preorder Young Justice Miss Martian/Superboy 2 pack, to complete that group. for $50+overpriced S&H (and oh yeah, weren't not making them unless enough of you fork over piles of cash in advance). They're almost as big a crooks as the scalpers.

it's not matter of how big a fan, its a matter of principles. i don't think an $11 tygra is too much to ask. i do appreciate everyones helpful responses/input though.
Best of luck to you
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #91
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

at for Matty Collectors

Quote:
P.S. my mistake, the amazon one was actually $18.70, which i'm sure you all would still say is a steal. but
honestly if you've got that much expendable money burning holes in your pockets that you feel an urgent responsibility to spend it on $35-$100 Tygras, or Chief Carnivuss, etc. because your afraid you may never see one again. why not donate that 'useless cash' to some reputable endangered tiger or other animal funds, to serve a noble purpose saving the dwindling LIVING creatures these iconic fav characters are based off of, some of which number in less than 1,000 to a even couple hundred. which i'm sure is far less than these 'RARE' figure production counts.
...if someone who spent $100 reads this, i'd think their brain must explode. it aught too, really.

I'm just saying.... when you put it all in perspective, It's beyond absurd.
I was going to leave this alone, but I've been thinking more about it and I can't. As of right now, 4 of your 6 posts on the forum are on this thread asking for a hard to find figure at clearance price. Right now, the Amazon price is $25. Right now, there are no Buy It Now auctions on eBay for under $40 shipped. Do several of us like helping out fellow fans by passing on deals that we find? Certainly. Are we obligated to? No. Some of us paid $73 to get him shipped in a case of 6" figures from BBTS. Some of us also paid $6-8 to get him at a discount retailer. There was a very short window where he was available at discount retailers though. Tygra was never at TRU, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, or any of the other stores where great multitudes of the other 6" figures where sold. In short, to expect to get a hard to find figure at rock-bottom clearance price from people that you just met is silly. You might find someone that still has an extra somehow that they would be willing to sell at that low cost, but I doubt it. That was months ago and most (all?) of those are gone now... distributed around the forum members. I don't see how you could possibly expect that months after he disappeared from a handful of small discount retailers, having NEVER been in the retail market, you expect to pay less than MSRP for a shipped hard to find figure.

Another thing that bothered me about your posts is your condemnation of the very nature of collecting. Your argument that any money spent over discount/clearance price is "useless cash" that should be donated to a greater cause is absurd. People work, people make money, people spend that money on things that they need and make them happy. Welcome to the world. People buy name brand clothing instead of Costco brand jeans because they look cool. People buy $5 mochas at Starbucks every day. People spend their money how they want to. By your argument, people should take every dime that is not absolutely necessary for their own survival and donate it to a charity of some kind. We should all eat beans and rice for every meal, only own 3 shirts, 1 pair of pants, and wear them until they have holes in them... give up our wasted money on data plans for our cell phones, turn off our cable because $60 a month for entertainment is outrageous when $60 a month could feed a family in Ethiopia for a month... do you see where I'm going with this? Should those of us who are more fortunate than most of the world help the people who are truly destitute? Of course. Does that mean we can't have cable TV, data plans for our phones, or "just hollow plastic" figures that we enjoy? Absolutely not. Who do you think you are that you can tell me what I should or shouldn't spend my money on?

We are collectors. I bought a Bengali figure in 1987 for $5 from Toys R Us. If I had that mint in package today, would you expect me to sell it to you, someone that I've seen 6 posts from, for $5? I use an extreme example to make a point... the collecting world is about supply and demand. This forum is about collectors helping each other out and talking about the hobby that they enjoy. If you are going to insult us or tell us that how we spend our money is stupid, this is not the place for you. You have a misunderstanding about how collectors think and act. I don't mean this as an attack on you, I'm just simply trying to explain collecting to you... as well as this forum.

Like I said before, best of luck to you. You may very well find someone here with an extra figure that is willing to help out a fellow fan trying to fill the void in their collection. Just please, don't expect it... and don't call us absurd because of how we choose to spend our money.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #92
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Hell Yeah englishw! Thanks!

ChimmyCartoonKid,
You should grab the cheapest figure you can find online as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder Tygra will be to find, and the price/value will increase. Seize the best deal while its available.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #93
jmf243
Thunder Kitty
Since I have Prime with Amazon I bit the bullet and bought from there and had him the next day for $25
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #94
pallas
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf243 View Post
Since I have Prime with Amazon I bit the bullet and bought from there and had him the next day for $25
Sounds like a good deal to me, I can't wait to get mine. I wasn't going to get the 6" line but once you get one you kinda want to get the rest.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #95
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
THUNDER JEDI and others,
thanks for your honest advice and feedback.

you're almost undoubtedly right, but i'm sticking to my guns and ~$11 price for a tygra. a tygra fan regardless, i really do think there's a tipping point to where a living tiger should get more consideration than a plastic one. maybe i'll get one in time maybe not, as others have mentioned on here already, patience is a big key.

==================
to englishw exclusively - anyone else, i wouldn't waste your time reading these digressions -
you should have just left it alone. but since you've chosen not to, i'll take the time to point out to you that perhaps you should have actually READ my posts again, and considered what i was saying, instead of simply, 'thinking' so much about what you thought they meant. and instilling your own perception on my meaning and who i was attacking.

did i find this forum in an attempt to gain a prespective on what can be expected of the recently in question thundercat new show and toylines. i sure did. did i gain perspective on both having been in the forums for a short time yes!, and have i expressed my opinions and contributed my thoughts, as does everyone, as is in part the purpose of a forum. I sure have. Does the fact that i'm new make my opinions any less valuable than someone who has been here longer.... i'd hope by now that answers pretty self evident.

your entitled to your own opinion, your entitled to spend your money as aptly or foolishly as you please, as is everyone else. but that doesn't make what any of what i said untrue, inaccurate, or unwise.
it's my opinion on what's absurd, and i'm confident i provided enough objective examples to point out my argument and show its a very fair and well considered opinion at that. i never said people should live off bare bones and donate all their money to people in need or any bleeding heart bs like that, though i anticipated some haughty quick to offend individuals might take it the wrong way, and made an effort to write it as such that i was siting specific examples, and ideas, and not overgeneralizing or sounding unrealistic.
i'm just putting things into perspective. as i explicitly pointed out.

did i hurt your feeling by calling you a fool for spending far more on plastic than its worth whether in production or practical necessity purpose, perhaps i did. Do i really care if i offended you by putting your sensibilities into question? haha! hell no. do i still think anyone who spends excessive prices, beyond MSP is a fool, you bet i do! As do many around here seem to, based off the other comments about scalpers and ruining the fun of action figures. i never condemned anyone who is willing to spend over clearance price, i just mentioned that was my personal ideal. and made a rather astute point on how money in such excess could be spent to better the greater good and save something that is actually RARE and alive, and the direct result these characters exist. instead of simply being selfish and inconsiderate of others beyond yourself. i stand by that.

i never said i expect a figure or am entitled to one. i never went anywhere near even demanding one. did i ever state anyone is obligated to give me one at my price preference or any impertinence like that? i simple put it out very directly that if anyone happens to have one, i love to get one. if you actually read my post that you keep referring to, you'd know i stated, i new i was behind the curve and didn't expect to get but just wanted to let it be known by chance there's one. i don't see anything wrong with that. it doesn't hurt to ask.

your examples on the otherhand are simply trying to defend your own actions, and don't really hold ground in comparison to the statements and considerations i presented for consideration. this shows me you weren't really reading my posts, as much as 'reading into' them. as i've said, you're more than welcome to do that, but don't expect me or any other practical objective individual to think its any less absurd than previously mentioned.

this isn't a place for collectors, which i clearly am not. it's a place for thundercats fans, which i am. collectors, toy enthusiasts, cartoon watchers, etc. all alike. so where do you get off trying to tell me i don't belong, because i'm not a collector and have my own justified opinions, which may happen to conflict with your ideals.
================

--again, thanks to everyone that has made considerate observations and suggestions, it has helped put this tygra conundrum into a point of understanding, and i hope this thread topic won't go off course any further.---

Last edited by ChimmyCartoonKid; 01-17-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #96
butterflyboy
Thunder Kitty
ChimmyCartoonKid, you would do best to just own that you were offensive and rude. As you pointed out above, you don't really care if you offended anyone, which tends to just paint you in a pretty immature light. Opinions are all well and good and as you say, you're well entitled to your own. That being said, I expect many people to be rubbed the wrong way by your lack of consideration when sharing your opinions. Food for thought.
butterflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #97
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
to englishw exclusively - anyone else, i wouldn't waste your time reading these digressions -
you should have just left it alone. but since you've chosen not to, i'll take the time to point out to you that perhaps you should have actually READ my posts again, and considered what i was saying, instead of simply, 'thinking' so much about what you thought they meant. and instilling your own perception on my meaning and who i was attacking.

did i find this forum in an attempt to gain a prespective on what can be expected of the recently in question thundercat new show and toylines. i sure did. did i gain perspective on both having been in the forums for a short time yes!, and have i expressed my opinions and contributed my thoughts, as does everyone, as is in part the purpose of a forum. I sure have. Does the fact that i'm new make my opinions any less valuable than someone who has been here longer.... i'd hope by now that answers pretty self evident.

your entitled to your own opinion, your entitled to spend your money as aptly or foolishly as you please, as is everyone else. but that doesn't make what any of what i said untrue, inaccurate, or unwise.
it's my opinion on what's absurd, and i'm confident i provided enough objective examples to point out my argument and show its a very fair and well considered opinion at that. i never said people should live off bare bones and donate all their money to people in need or any bleeding heart bs like that, though i anticipated some haughty quick to offend individuals might take it the wrong way, and made an effort to write it as such that i was siting specific examples, and ideas, and not overgeneralizing or sounding unrealistic.
i'm just putting things into perspective. as i explicitly pointed out.

did i hurt your feeling by calling you a fool for spending far more on plastic than its worth whether in production or practical necessity purpose, perhaps i did. Do i really care if i offended you by putting your sensibilities into question? haha! hell no. do i still think anyone who spends excessive prices, beyond MSP is a fool, you bet i do! As do many around here seem to, based off the other comments about scalpers and ruining the fun of action figures. i never condemned anyone who is willing to spend over clearance price, i just mentioned that was my personal ideal. and made a rather astute point on how money in such excess could be spent to better the greater good and save something that is actually RARE and alive, and the direct result these characters exist. instead of simply being selfish and inconsiderate of others beyond yourself. i stand by that.

i never said i expect a figure or am entitled to one. i never went anywhere near even demanding one. did i ever state anyone is obligated to give me one at my price preference or any impertinence like that? i simple put it out very directly that if anyone happens to have one, i love to get one. if you actually read my post that you keep referring to, you'd know i stated, i new i was behind the curve and didn't expect to get but just wanted to let it be known by chance there's one. i don't see anything wrong with that. it doesn't hurt to ask.

your examples on the otherhand are simply trying to defend your own actions, and don't really hold ground in comparison to the statements and considerations i presented for consideration. this shows me you weren't really reading my posts, as much as 'reading into' them. as i've said, you're more than welcome to do that, but don't expect me or any other practical objective individual to think its any less absurd than previously mentioned.

this isn't a place for collectors, which i clearly am not. it's a place for thundercats fans, which i am. collectors, toy enthusiasts, cartoon watchers, etc. all alike. so where do you get off trying to tell me i don't belong, because i'm not a collector and have my own justified opinions, which may happen to conflict with your ideals.
Best of luck to you
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #98
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Does the fact that i'm new make my opinions any less valuable than someone who has been here longer.... i'd hope by now that answers pretty self evident.
Yes, that answer is pretty self evident.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #99
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
butterflyboy
you make a wise point. the way i see it, i made a generalization to prove an objective point, which i'm pretty certain i accomplished. and was personally attacked, in a way that mostly didn't make sense and was accusatory &highly inaccurate to what i had said. immature, sure, rude to someone who made a personal attack, that again was falsely stitched together, sure, i'd say it was justified reciprocation. i was specifically painted in a rather vile demanding light that wasn't accurate to my actual statements, that's bad on one who would do so. and label such type of action even far more rude and immature. if someones going to make a personal attack for expressing a rationally considered opinion, why would i care what they think?

my additional rant about why its absurd thought relevant to the topic may have been unnessary, but i think it was rather poignant food for thought in itself, to be considered.
the fact is anything prior to that was simply casually but openly tossing a line out there in hopes i'd get lucky with a bite, exchanged a few posts of others suggesting i just pay a higher price, and me expressing appreciation for their experienced thoughts, and my own rational why i personally have to set a price limit. tell me where the harm is in that?

and also, subjective feelings aside, i'd like someone to explain how what i said it untrue or not apt thoughts...

and for anybody who wants to be that clickey and not accept outsiders or anyone new, which some of you seem to be that way and others don't, well then i'd say they should be the ones really considering whos being rude & immature, what is this, internet highschool? it's an open place for open discussion amongst fans, which surely everyone here is, so i'd again put things into question under that light. and some probably need not be so uptight.

everything aside, i've seen others getting in to arguments on these forums, and i always sit back thinking it seems really stupid, so it's odd i find myself in the same boat, but again, i'm curious where my statements don't ring true in perspective. but this offtopic argument that this has been turned into has all ready gone on way too long, so i think i'm done with it.

Last edited by ChimmyCartoonKid; 01-24-2013 at 02:25 AM..