TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Hope this is ok to ask. Not trying to spam but all I know are the two pieces are rare but I am trying to find a current going rare for the following. I checked ebay but could not find any that current sold. (if you need this for your collect, feel free to message me)
1>Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra (card is nice, no damage)
2>Thunder Wings Lion-O with wings (card also nice, I thought I saw on a price list it was around 800)


Last edited by KennerGirl; 02-18-2013 at 12:24 AM..
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
$300 each
Lody is offline  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Thanks so much
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
just got word that the two above will appear on season 2 of Toy Hunter
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
You're not going to sell them to him are you???
Lody is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
He has them. I'm helping him find a buyer
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennerGirl View Post
He has them. I'm helping him find a buyer
Should have ebayed them...you would have made more money.
Lody is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
I hate EBAY but thats wasnt why. Its up to Jordan how he sells it. But why give ebay a fee when you can just go offer them to collectors here. Also from my end (not his) this isn't about getting the highest price for them. I much rather sell to a active collector here than ebay. If no deal can be reached here I am sure ebay will be soon.


here a few more better picture plus the art work:



KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 333
Thunderwings Lion-o is at the top of my collecting wish list, unfortunately it is beyond my budget. I am hoping to come across a decent priced loose one at some point.
adssse is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #10
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
id rather destroy something rare in my collection than buy something from Jordan. He low balls sellers and people not in the know and jacks the price up WAY too high on the market.
Kregermeister is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 79
That production art looks beautiful, more interesting than the toys themselves I think. I'll keep an eye out for these on Toy Hunter. The host almost kills the show for me, he's really annoying, and the editing style of the show really grates, but I love checking out all the old toys.

No way would I give Jordan 20% of the sale price when you could find a buyer online easy enough. And for as much as you might not like ebay, their percentage isn't that high.
booshman is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
Award winning director
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
id rather destroy something rare in my collection than buy something from Jordan. He low balls sellers and people not in the know and jacks the price up WAY too high on the market.
I couldn't agree more. KennerGirl you shouldn't have said who you were selling them for or i might have bought them.

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 02-22-2013 at 08:31 AM..
LiarDice Films is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
If you are ok with selling them to him for half of what he will sell them or giving him 20-30% as opposed to eBay's 10%...more power to you.

I don't know how someone can watch his show and STILL sell to him but oh well.
Lody is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #14
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Not selling TO him, selling FOR him. I only get a "finders" fee
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
Award winning director
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 275
Why doesn't he sell these on his tv show? Don't tell me the shows a fake and scenes are staged for dramatic narrative! Darn I really thought it was real
LiarDice Films is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennerGirl View Post
Not selling TO him, selling FOR him. I only get a "finders" fee
Sorry but I call shenanigans

He doesn't need anyone's help selling items like this.

What is more likely the case is that YOU are selling them and are trying to gauge interest
Lody is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Award winning director
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 275
Look at the room the photos are taken in. The shelves are full of prototypes
That room looks like ex LJN employee Jose Longorias house
LiarDice Films is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Administrator
Joe Moore's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,655
Ok guys, the tone is getting a little too harsh in here. Some of the comments are bordering on personal attacks and that's really not needed. Sit back, relax and enjoy the pics of some fairly nice and hard to find figures.
Joe Moore is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Sorry but I call shenanigans

He doesn't need anyone's help selling items like this.

What is more likely the case is that YOU are selling them and are trying to gauge interest
At the other TC board, Jordan replied to my post and back the story that I am working with him
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
For one, what doesnt make a lick of sense to me, is whomever removed the Toys R Us tag, actually DEVALUED the item. You had a nice piece of history there, and now it looks damaged and beat.

I know people whom have associated with Jordan. The show is HIGHLY scripted and fake, but thats tv, some of the items dont even come into his possession from what I understand, its just there for good tv. Good...tv... did I just say that?

That out of the way, truth is yes, he is a con man and will go through multiple outlets to feel out a market to puff his pocket. This is a fact. How it seems to me (again, please do not take offense, this is not a attack on you) is that under your user name "Kenner girl" your a toy dealer and may be associated with his shop, hence the different photo ops and various conditions in the pics and feeling out here before Jordan needs to keep looking for his buyer. I only say this for my friends here to be careful when dealing with him..... again nothing personal, but I have a deep respect for a lot of my fellow posters here and wish them caution when dealing with him and his people. Why else would these pics be hitting every Thundercats message board if HE wasnt feeling out before his auctions go live? Something just doesnt add up with the various photos and the degrading backer cards.... who destroyed them, and why sell them in worse condition than photo 1.
Kregermeister is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #21
Award winning director
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 275
Kregermeister, again I couldn't agree with you more. This isn't a personal attack on anyone. This thread is aiding as a warning to the GOOD members of this forum in being aware that these people are around and they do prey on true collectors. It's a huge shame but its 100% the truth. I know this because I've been victim to it.
Whoever removed the price tags from those figures really has no clue on collectibility, as they are now defaced in my eyes.
On a more positive note thank you very much for sharing the pictures with us. I am a huge fan of Kevin Mowrers artwork.
LiarDice Films is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Hello all-

I want to thank the community for allowing me to come here and clear up some possible concerns and/or misconceptions about these items for sale. I hope you will take the time to read this post, and please contact me directly or KennerGirl if you have any questions.

To make this easier, I will bullet-point my responses:

1. Price Stickers: The stickers were removed on the card by myself. These Toys R Us price tags are easily removable and can taken off with the use of a hair dryer. I applied solvent after the photos were taken, so no residue remains. The cards are clean and pristine.

While there may be a difference of opinion on this subject ( I respect both) I do not feel that removing price tags DEVALUES the card. It is a choice I have done for years in the Star Wars market, and is readily accepted. The cards are not torn, or damaged. For me, the look is cleaner and more pleasing to the eye.

2. The Show: Someone mentioned that items come into my hands for " show purposes". So, I say this with utmost respect the community; Guys... this is a show for entertainment. It is being made not for the 100,000 collectors watching ( of which I am proudly one of) but for the other 2M people who want to be entertained. I need to keep it interesting.

I have been a proud member of the collecting community all my life, and input as much as I can into the production. However, the Network has the final say. Some scenes may be set for educational/dramatic purposes. But, I kindly remind you... the shows many people love on TV are also scripted. Specifically, shows in this genre... where "found money" walks into a Pawn Shop or two guys in a Van find a motorcyle in a barn. Scripted for TV.

3. KennerGirl: Kennergirl is a friend/employee who has been working with me since the show began. I am literally on the road, 22 days out of each month. It is impossible to research prices on items I find. I trust her, and you can as well. She has an open direct line to me at all times.

I am honestly confused as to why people are attacking this situation so harshly. I had not seen these in several years, and merely wanted to get a better understanding on the market. There were not any hidden motives.

4. LIARDICE: Okay, I'm going to treat this with as much integrity as I can, for the respect of the board and community. Here goes:

Wayne- I have no idea how to react to you anymore. Seriously mate. You and I have a long history together, which is not good. I choose not to bring the personal details into the forum, but you understand what I am talking about.

You bash me publicly, and then send me private E-mails begging for my forgiveness and sending apologies ( and yes, I DO STILL HAVE THEM). You condemn the way I do business... and yet, ask me to sell you more prototypes. It makes no sense, and I want nothing more to do with it.

5. The Community on the Board: Many of you may not know me, and that is fine. However, I welcome you to contact me with any questions or concerns. My E-mail is always available. I would love to get the chance to get to know you more on a personal level and address any concerns you have.

My email is: jordan@hollywoodheroes.com. I receive close to 500 E-mails per day, and film 12hours... but I promise I will get back to you.

I look forward to any communication in the future.

I do not come to this board ( or any for that matter) much anymore, so if I do not reply to the thread, please do not take it personally or read into it. I am simply "off the Net" for the next 6 months.

However, email communication is best.

I want to thank you again for allowing me to come here, and clear the air on any issues. I truly appreciate forums such as this, which allow everyone to hopefully engage in productive discussions in the hobby we all love so much.

Thanks again!

Jordan Hembrough
Hollywood Heroes
Host-Toy Hunter

Last edited by Hollywoodheroes; 02-23-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Hollywoodheroes is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
Award winning director
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 275
Jordan you're boring people
LiarDice Films is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #24
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodheroes View Post
Hello all-

I want to thank the community for allowing me to come here and clear up some possible concerns and/or misconceptions about these items for sale. I hope you will take the time to read this post, and please contact me directly or KennerGirl if you have any questions.

To make this easier, I will bullet-point my responses:

1. Price Stickers: The stickers were removed on the card by myself. These Toys R Us price tags are easily removable and can taken off with the use of a hair dryer. I applied solvent after the photos were taken, so no residue remains. The cards are clean and pristine.

While there may be a difference of opinion on this subject ( I respect both) I do not feel that removing price tags DEVALUES the card. It is a choice I have done for years in the Star Wars market, and is readily accepted. The cards are not torn, or damaged. For me, the look is cleaner and more pleasing to the eye.

2. The Show: Someone mentioned that items come into my hands for " show purposes". So, I say this with utmost respect the community; Guys... this is a show for entertainment. It is being made not for the 100,000 collectors watching ( of which I am proudly one of) but for the other 2M people who want to be entertained. I need to keep it interesting.

I have been a proud member of the collecting community all my life, and input as much as I can into the production. However, the Network has the final say. Some scenes may be set for educational/dramatic purposes. But, I kindly remind you... the shows many people love on TV are also scripted. Specifically, shows in this genre... where "found money" walks into a Pawn Shop or two guys in a Van find a motorcyle in a barn. Scripted for TV.

3. KennerGirl: Kennergirl is a friend/employee who has been working with me since the show began. I am literally on the road, 22 days out of each month. It is impossible to research prices on items I find. I trust her, and you can as well. She has an open direct line to me at all times.

I am honestly confused as to why people are attacking this situation so harshly. I had not seen these in several years, and merely wanted to get a better understanding on the market. There were not any hidden motives.

4. LIARDICE: Okay, I'm going to treat this with as much integrity as I can, for the respect of the board and community. Here goes:

Wayne- I have no idea how to react to you anymore. Seriously mate. You and I have a long history together, which is not good. I choose not to bring the personal details into the forum, but you understand what I am talking about.

You bash me publicly, and then send me private E-mails begging for my forgiveness and sending apologies ( and yes, I DO STILL HAVE THEM). You condemn the way I do business... and yet, ask me to sell you more prototypes. It makes no sense, and I want nothing more to do with it.

5. The Community on the Board: Many of you may not know me, and that is fine. However, I welcome you to contact me with any questions or concerns. My E-mail is always available. I would love to get the chance to get to know you more on a personal level and address any concerns you have.

My email is: jordan@hollywoodheroes.com. I receive close to 500 E-mails per day, and film 12hours... but I promise I will get back to you.

I look forward to any communication in the future.

I do not come to this board ( or any for that matter) much anymore, so if I do not reply to the thread, please do not take it personally or read into it. I am simply "off the Net" for the next 6 months.

However, email communication is best.

I want to thank you again for allowing me to come here, and clear the air on any issues. I truly appreciate forums such as this, which allow everyone to hopefully engage in productive discussions in the hobby we all love so much.

Thanks again!

Jordan Hembrough
Hollywood Heroes
Host-Toy Hunter
Let me ask you Jordon

I have watched all your shows and I am disappointed with how you do business

You think it's fair to offer people half the price of what you would sell something for knowing it's worth more?

And I imagine that Kenner girl is the tall, red haired chick from the show?
Lody is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
For one, what doesnt make a lick of sense to me, is whomever removed the Toys R Us tag, actually DEVALUED the item. You had a nice piece of history there, and now it looks damaged and beat.

I know people whom have associated with Jordan. The show is HIGHLY scripted and fake, but thats tv, some of the items dont even come into his possession from what I understand, its just there for good tv. Good...tv... did I just say that?

That out of the way, truth is yes, he is a con man and will go through multiple outlets to feel out a market to puff his pocket. This is a fact. How it seems to me (again, please do not take offense, this is not a attack on you) is that under your user name "Kenner girl" your a toy dealer and may be associated with his shop, hence the different photo ops and various conditions in the pics and feeling out here before Jordan needs to keep looking for his buyer. I only say this for my friends here to be careful when dealing with him..... again nothing personal, but I have a deep respect for a lot of my fellow posters here and wish them caution when dealing with him and his people. Why else would these pics be hitting every Thundercats message board if HE wasnt feeling out before his auctions go live? Something just doesnt add up with the various photos and the degrading backer cards.... who destroyed them, and why sell them in worse condition than photo 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
Kregermeister, again I couldn't agree with you more. This isn't a personal attack on anyone. This thread is aiding as a warning to the GOOD members of this forum in being aware that these people are around and they do prey on true collectors. It's a huge shame but its 100% the truth. I know this because I've been victim to it.
Whoever removed the price tags from those figures really has no clue on collectibility, as they are now defaced in my eyes.
On a more positive note thank you very much for sharing the pictures with us. I am a huge fan of Kevin Mowrers artwork.
I agree

Removing the price tag left very ugly smudges on the cards that have damaged them.

And considering how much detail Jordan has gotten into regarding the condition of packages and boxes regardless of their rarity and how they affect the value, I completely disagree with that statement regarding it in his previous post.
Lody is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #26
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Have you seen the show? If you have, you will notice how I clearly tell people what the item is worth. Its something that I really insist upon. In fact, I routinely tell people what the items are worth and then make an offer. Sometimes they want more... and I pay it. If you have not noticed this, take another look because its very prevalent.

Dealers usually pay half. It's no different than wholesale. Lody, I am assuming you deal toys too.. since I see that you linked your Ebay auction page here. Did you pay top retail for them? Aren't you making some money on your items? If so.. it's expected... since dealers need to cover costs such as Ebay fees, travel, food, and employees, among other things.

Finally, I have paid more than half at times, and even offered higher than what they think it may be worth. For instance, I purchased an Early Bird kit and gave the guy $500, he wanted $100 for it, not thinking it was worth more.

As for the ugly smudges on the card... I stated earlier that I applied a solvent ( Goo Gone) and they were gone. There are no more smudges and the cards are clean.

When I speak about packaging, I really dont address the price tag offer because its something that changes with personal preference. However, I do not feel that removing price tags correctly... will devalue a card. As an example, many of my AFA graded figures have had their tags removed... and still gotten high grades of 85.

I hope this addresses any of your concerns. If not, please E-mail me directly at jordan@hollywoodheroes.com.

Thanks so much,
Jordan
Hollywoodheroes is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Jordan, in all respect... no matter how much you remove a price tag, it retains "shadowing" from age to a cards colors so will always present itself as damaged, it really is a apples to oranges argument, but as a die hard collector, not a salesman, I can tell you, its VERY unappealing and prevents me from buying MOC items at times cause of it.

That out of the way, I have heard more bad than good from collectors and friends reguarding hollywood heros and their practices, I wont get into it because its not my place as Ive not done buisness with you, but from what ive heard from respected friends I can only spread the word to help other friends to search other outlets before dealing with what most can say is full fledged scalping. I do understand this is how some make a living.... but the buy and sell margin of difference.... man...

Im not saying stuff should be free, but no one should have to pay 800 bucks for a 500 dollar item when its purchased at 50 bucks. ThunderCats fans are pretty die hard... much like He-Man fans (that message board has some VERY colorful things to say about Hollywood Heros....) and most of us would take our prides and joys to the grave (My vintage panthro test shot for example, that a LJN employee sold me at a VERY fair price because they knew Id love it and never sell it) so seeing rare pieces being peddled around for greed and value more so than love of collecting kinda rubs most diehard collectors the wrong way off the bat. Again, this is not me attacking, im just explaining the stand point here as you seemed confused why people are ready to jump and rip apart everything being said by you and KennerGirl here. It just comes off wrong in a pretty respected and tight knit community.

Edit : Just saw you mentioned goo-gone........... on a paper card...... oh my goodness....... I did that years ago on one of my silverhawks..... didnt end up too good, makes it soggy over time. Id suggest leaving history alone.

Last edited by Kregermeister; 02-23-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Kregermeister is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Jordan, in all respect... no matter how much you remove a price tag, it retains "shadowing" from age to a cards colors so will always present itself as damaged, it really is a apples to oranges argument, but as a die hard collector, not a salesman, I can tell you, its VERY unappealing and prevents me from buying MOC items at times cause of it.

That out of the way, I have heard more bad than good from collectors and friends reguarding hollywood heros and their practices, I wont get into it because its not my place as Ive not done buisness with you, but from what ive heard from respected friends I can only spread the word to help other friends to search other outlets before dealing with what most can say is full fledged scalping. I do understand this is how some make a living.... but the buy and sell margin of difference.... man...

Im not saying stuff should be free, but no one should have to pay 800 bucks for a 500 dollar item when its purchased at 50 bucks. ThunderCats fans are pretty die hard... much like He-Man fans (that message board has some VERY colorful things to say about Hollywood Heros....) and most of us would take our prides and joys to the grave (My vintage panthro test shot for example, that a LJN employee sold me at a VERY fair price because they knew Id love it and never sell it) so seeing rare pieces being peddled around for greed and value more so than love of collecting kinda rubs most diehard collectors the wrong way off the bat. Again, this is not me attacking, im just explaining the stand point here as you seemed confused why people are ready to jump and rip apart everything being said by you and KennerGirl here. It just comes off wrong in a pretty respected and tight knit community.
Well said

And I agree very much that way you have portrayed yourself on the show has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

No one is disputing that there have been a few times when you have offered more than the asking price because you knew that the item was worth more, both those instances are far and few in between. I can only think of three times where this was done.

However, it started off with you saying "Just to show you I am not a bad guy and I am trying to help you here" (or something very close to that effect)

It's sort of like apologizing but saying "but" after; which means everything before the "but" was a lie and now I am going to tell you what I really think.
Lody is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Ultimately I enjoy the show because it does showcases lots of cool toys and rare items (which I love).

However, the whole business side to toy collecting IS difficult.
Lody is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #30
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Gentlemen,

All I can say is I am sorry you feel that way. I have had several E-mails today from members of the forum who appreciate me coming here. It appears that the three of you guys who are unhappy, and I am sorry for that.

As for the comment about "more bad things than good" I am disappointed to hear that. I have been in this business for 25 years, and pride myself on customer relations, which is the main reason I came to this board. If some folks are disappointed in a deal, I wish they would have come up to me and asked me about it... because I would have made it right.

And as for the "scalping" comment... I double my prices. I don't triple or quadruple them. So, you're analogy of me purchasing some for $50 and selling it for $800 is bogus and untrue. It has never happened. If I purchase something for $100, I am most likely going to sell it for $200. That's the way dealers have done it for years... and there are exceptions to the rules. I lose money on toys as well, its part of the business.

As for smudges and stains on cards after Goo Gone, all I can say is... you're doing it wrong. Done correctly with time and patience, no residue is left.

I'm not here to debate you gentlemen. From what I have seen, your thoughts are so "set in stone" that I truly believe that nothing I say can convince you otherwise. You have the right to your opinion, and I respect it.

For everyone else that has reached out to me privately, via E-mail, thank you and I appreciate your comments.

My best to all of you, and please stay in touch via E-mail.

Thanks again!
All my best-
Jordan
Hollywoodheroes is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #31
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
I thought we were having a lively discussion to clear up misconceptions, perceived reality and the like.

I guess not.
Lody is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #32
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
No one said they were unhappy you came here, I think it was more so on the conditions you had to come here to clear up interest of a sale on a fan fourm with a shady post count of 1. You shoulda saw a few months back how we tore apart a lady trying to scalp us with her cats lair, take offers and then go to ebay anyway and get a non paying buyer.... it was a thing of beauty.

Like I said, my opinion isnt from personal experiance but from what respected friends and people in the hobby say. You could be the coolest guy to have a beer or eat old C-3PO cereal with, but for all the negative storys HH has really rubbed people the wrong way. Could always be a case of negitive gets the press and positive says burried.

My comments on money were a broad statement used for a analogy (I wasnt clear on that), a lot of the prices used on the show (again, I know tv is scripted, I work in it)seem way off from sale/to what you say you value them at compared to say... ebay prices, but if some of the prices made arent correct on the show, maybe they should be more truthful and or accurate? Werent the Tcats prototypes you obtained sold for a bit more than double? I may be wrong so, please feel free to correct me.

A lot of us look at this as more so of a collecting stand point than a money making gamble. Surely you can understand that. At least on this fourm, no one is out to price gouge and we mostly try and help each other. I am sorry if I offended or attacked you or kenner girl, but like I said, the storys are out there dude... if you guys can make crazy money off of this, best of luck to you guys!
Kregermeister is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Wel this took a turn
Anyway, I only have two things to say,
1, I am NOT that red head on the show lol
2, I can't speak about Jordan past cause I can only speak about what I know. From talking to others in the field, he is very well respected among dealers and collectors. As for the above figures I can tell you this, I know what he is asking and I know what he paid and he isn't going to double his money at all. Having a job as a buyer can be hard. People bring up when you make money or low ball a offer but lots of time we make make deals and pay to much then take a lost. Sometimes we tie up money with a item take will not sell for months or a year. Also I told Jordan the best thing to do with the figures was ebay. We would for sure make more and it's easier. However Jordan wanted to give fans/collected here (here as in those this board and the other) first pick and a price, not just take the best deal he could get. (on that note, I took the first serious person that PM me about it) To me that shows he cares more about the collectors market than making money.
KennerGirl is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #34
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennerGirl View Post
Wel this took a turn
Anyway, I only have two things to say,
1, I am NOT that red head on the show lol
2, I can't speak about Jordan past cause I can only speak about what I know. From talking to others in the field, he is very well respected among dealers and collectors. As for the above figures I can tell you this, I know what he is asking and I know what he paid and he isn't going to double his money at all. Having a job as a buyer can be hard. People bring up when you make money or low ball a offer but lots of time we make make deals and pay to much then take a lost. Sometimes we tie up money with a item take will not sell for months or a year. Also I told Jordan the best thing to do with the figures was ebay. We would for sure make more and it's easier. However Jordan wanted to give fans/collected here (here as in those this board and the other) first pick and a price, not just take the best deal he could get. (on that note, I took the first serious person that PM me about it) To me that shows he cares more about the collectors market than making money.
Darn

Too bad, she's pretty cute
Lody is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #35
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Western NC
Posts: 232
Man this is awesome! I can't believe Toy Hunters came to these forums offering 2 of the rarest figures from the vintage line to us before anyone else. Thanks so much Kennergirl! Wish I could afford them. I think I know who you are Kennergirl...The room in the pics looks like the room in the pilot episode that the guy from LJN had the Madbubbler prototype(sorry can't remember your name). Very cool! I met Jordan in Orlando during CVI and he was a really nice guy, he congratulated my fiancÚ and I on our engagement. I'm geeking out over you guys coming on this forum. Thanks again!

Last edited by THUNDER JEDI; 02-24-2013 at 01:46 PM..
THUNDER JEDI is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Looks like someone may have stumbled upon a very old thread I created on the TCL forums called "Price Sticker Removal 101."

Maybe the last 2 pics were taken with flash or something because none of the cards I have done it to ever left a prevalent residue. In fact I would ask others who had never seen the item to tell me where the sticker used to be and they could not tell.

It can be done to leave zero traces of the sticker, if done properly, but every collector has their own taste and some will think it adds to the value (no more unsightly neon sticker with no trace it was ever there), and others will think it detracts (the item has been messed with).

Last edited by AlexofThundera; 02-24-2013 at 01:52 PM..
AlexofThundera is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #37
Administrator
Joe Moore's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,655
Guys, I hate to do this. But things have veered a bit too much into personal attacks and for that, I think it's time to close this thread.
Joe Moore is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to custom make toys? materials needed? Max1984 Thundercats Creative General Discussion 2 08-23-2012 10:09 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS