Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thundercats Minimates Gallery from SDCC (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=23453)

Joe Moore 07-13-2012 08:08 AM

Thundercats Minimates Gallery from SDCC

SDCC 12 - Thundercats Minimates Photo Gallery

metalalchemist 07-13-2012 09:22 AM

I want these!!! No one selling them?

Lody 07-13-2012 09:27 AM

Where are these being sold after Con?

Joe Moore 07-13-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 58462)
Where are these being sold after Con?

AFX will likely be selling leftovers on their website post SDCC. Other sites like BBTS will likely have them, but at a bit of a markup since they will likely be buying them at full (or near full) retail price from AFX.

Covenant 07-13-2012 09:53 AM

There's more detail in these mini block figures than in Bandai's 8" Collector Series.

Cat's Pajamas 07-13-2012 11:39 AM

Very cool. If I'm going to have to face the lack of Bandai product, at least these images cheered me up a little...

adssse 07-13-2012 09:58 PM

I would be in for a set, but only if they come fairly cheap

AlexofThundera 07-14-2012 04:35 PM

According to the Minimates panel at SDCC
Quote:

The plan for Thundercats is to keep doing 4 packs. The next 1 or 2 sets of Thundercats will be at NYCC from AFX
So looks like will be getting a whole lot more Thundercats mini mates! Awesome!

On a side note: With the exception of the SDCC Lion-O, I think I am far more excited for these and the news that they will be doing more OS characters then anything Bandai released. Sad but true.

test 07-14-2012 05:49 PM

Personally I think they look like shit and would rather someone give us a decent line of real figures like the transformers masterpiece range .... That would be awesome. I know we have mezco but its just the time it takes to wait for each one that bugs me.

xander88 07-14-2012 07:21 PM

I don't like these at all but part of me wants them just to get the characters. Some more proper figures in 6" scale would have been nice. It hasn't taken long for numerous characters to be announced for these minimates. This is what it should have been like with the classic figures. I can't believe that Thundercats fans may have to resort to buying these just to get characters they wanted in some form, rather than being able to get proper action figures. People who support this franchise have been ridiculously messed around and let down when all we really wanted was lots of modern and classic figures in one scale which included everybody's favourite characters. Whatever happened to releasing action figures in larger waves? We already have more characters in the form of minimates than we do in actual figure form.

AlexofThundera 07-14-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander88 (Post 58574)
I don't like these at all but part of me wants them just to get the characters. Some more proper figures in 6" scale would have been nice. It hasn't taken long for numerous characters to be announced for these minimates. This is what it should have been like with the classic figures. I can't believe that Thundercats fans may have to resort to buying these just to get characters they wanted in some form, rather than being able to get proper action figures. People who support this franchise have been ridiculously messed around and let down when all we really wanted was lots of modern and classic figures in one scale which included everybody's favourite characters. Whatever happened to releasing action figures in larger waves? We already have more characters in the form of minimates than we do in actual figure form.

In Bandai's defense, they did release action figures in large waves, it's just that it was the same figure (Lion-O) in 5 different variations. :p Too many happy meal toys man.

You know hindsight its always 20/20 but looking at what a failure the NS and Bandai toys have been commercially, WB probably would have had much larger success by having released the OS DVD sets along side the announcement of all new classic figures. There are so many great characters from the OS (Mandora, Willa) that never got made during the LJN line and WB could have capitalized on it.

There is a reason why the guys making new Thundercats stuff base it all off the OS and not the NS. Just saying.