Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thundercats Digital USA Comic (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=14614)

Mummra 03-16-2012 02:40 PM

Thundercats Digital USA Comic

See ThunderCats Digital Comic Preview(USA):

Downloads - ThunderCats

Direct Link:
http://bandai.com/thundercats/upload...s_01_final.pdf

Link directly from DC Poster at WonderCon. Maybe DC is distributing in US?

Mongor 03-16-2012 02:49 PM

Looks good.

Grippen 03-16-2012 05:14 PM

It looks great can't wait to get this in digital format :)

Balgus82 03-16-2012 09:35 PM

just wanted to point out the preview on the Bandai site and the preview for the UK comic are from completely different artists. They're not the same series.

baboco2 03-18-2012 10:43 AM

So what is the one on Bandai's website?
Is this something free on their website or what is it previewing?

Grune the Destroyer 03-19-2012 07:03 AM

UK Comic is released this Thursday - 22nd March. Can't wait.

And the Bandai site one is a completely DIFFERENT comic? Cool. Digital only...?

We T-Cat fans are being spoiled! :-)

Joe Moore 03-19-2012 07:16 AM

Moved this out to its own thread.

Grippen 03-19-2012 09:03 AM

Well if they are different I want both. The guys in UK (if this only comes out in printed format) please post some pics for us to notice the differences. I really hope they release it in digital also don't want it in paper, enough paper at home for me to store.

Blade Raider 03-19-2012 09:23 AM

Wow, that looks awful. Like unicron trilogy toy pack in comic awful. All it needs is to be multilingual to finish the job.

Ravenxl7 03-19-2012 11:14 AM

While it's nice to know the US is getting a comic too...I have two issues with it: 1. I would have greatly preferred a printed comic, and 2. The art stile is pretty horrible. The Kittens, Snarf, Tygra, Cheetara, Lion-O, and Mumm-Ra aren't too bad, I guess, but Panthro and Slithe are absolutely horrible. Slithe looks like something from Ren & Stimpy to me...and NOT in a good way.

Who knows...maybe it'll improve as it goes?

Balgus82 03-19-2012 01:08 PM

The US comic makes me wish I had known it was in the works. I could seriously do better artwork than that and would've submitted artwork to the company like crazy trying to get the job.

Joe Moore 03-19-2012 02:06 PM

I'm guessing this is to either test the waters for a full comic run, or they are doing this simply because they don't believe the property to have a viable market to throw serious resources into. Probably just an intern behind the art.

Mongor 03-19-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 39952)
The US comic makes me wish I had known it was in the works. I could seriously do better artwork than that and would've submitted artwork to the company like crazy trying to get the job.

This may be your lucky day.
I'm currently working with some people on a comic book series right now but we have no artist. We just let our last one go. We are looking to build the company as an LLC.
If you are into drawing some pretty evil stuff send me a pm here letting me know that you are interested and I'll send you my email so you can send me some of your work.
If you are not into mature/horror this may not be the project for you.
Hope to here from you soon.

Ravenxl7 03-19-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 39957)
I'm guessing this is to either test the waters for a full comic run...

Would be great if that's what this is. If so, I hope it's successful enough for them to consider doing a printed comic with some good artists and writers involved. I'm already into two DC titles as it is, but adding a third wouldn't be horrible. Especially since it's Thundercats.

Balgus82 03-19-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongor (Post 39962)
This may be your lucky day.
I'm currently working with some people on a comic book series right now but we have no artist. We just let our last one go. We are looking to build the company as an LLC.
If you are into drawing some pretty evil stuff send me a pm here letting me know that you are interested and I'll send you my email so you can send me some of your work.
If you are not into mature/horror this may not be the project for you.
Hope to here from you soon.

I might not be the best fit for horror. I tend to try to draw really clean lines and don't use that many shadows and stuff. But if you wanna look at my stuff my DA has the same screen name I have here.

Mongor 03-19-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 39965)
I might not be the best fit for horror. I tend to try to draw really clean lines and don't use that many shadows and stuff. But if you wanna look at my stuff my DA has the same screen name I have here.

Thanks for your honesty. I'll check your page out tonight at work. Spread the word if you know someone who may be a good fit. Thanks.
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread. Any interested parties, pm me.

Joe Moore 03-20-2012 10:56 AM

Mongor, your best bet to find an artist here may be our Creative General Discussion Forum. also, you may want to check some of our other network sites, especially TFW2005 and Hisstank, as they both have active art sections.

As for this thread, please let's get this back on topic. Any further discussions on other projects can be kept to profile messages or PM's. Thanks in advance guys.

Mongor 03-20-2012 03:21 PM

Sorry Joe. I realized what I did yesterday and tried to put it back on track if you notice in my last posting. Thanks for the heads up on those other sites.

Balgus82 03-21-2012 09:19 AM

the sad thing is that if this is the same Adam Archer I think it is doing the artwork (and I'm sure it is since this guy also did a Gen Rex comic) I KNOW he can do better. Just look at his DA a-archer on deviantART

It's like he's just being lazy.

Joe Moore 03-21-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 40128)
the sad thing is that if this is the same Adam Archer I think it is doing the artwork (and I'm sure it is since this guy also did a Gen Rex comic) I KNOW he can do better. Just look at his DA a-archer on deviantART

It's like he's just being lazy.

If that's the case, then yeah, the guy is much more talented than is being showcased here. Lots of factors could have gone into this. Time constraints may be one of them. He may have had to knock the whole thing out quickly, reducing the quality of the art.

Grippen 03-21-2012 02:36 PM

When is the US comic coming out anyone has an idea? No dates on the website :\

Balgus82 03-22-2012 11:58 AM

it's the same artist. I asked him on DA and he said he'll post some stuff from it soon. Hopefully you're right and it was just time constraints cause it's a little frustrating seeing an artist do better work and then (seemingly) half-assing it on Tcats.

Grippen 04-02-2012 03:22 PM

So what is the future of these comics, more then 2 weeks passed and no news. We don't know if this was an actual release and future numbers will come after some weeks like the UK one or if we will see a final comic later.

Which ever is the case Bandai should tell us when to expect next number or the official release.

Mongor 04-02-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grippen (Post 42753)

Which ever is the case Bandai should tell us when to expect next number or the official release.

Bandai is about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican. Don't hold your breath.

Yardbird 04-06-2012 03:15 AM

I read the sneak preview of the digital comic, and the artwork is NOT very good. It should've been drawn like its epic cover art.