Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thundercats canceled? (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=15232)

Ruination04 05-10-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander88 (Post 50082)
It's dated back to march so I think they mean the rest of the current season.

That's what it looks like.

Sportsandstuff 05-27-2012 03:31 PM

I really hope the show survives

Lioconvoy 05-27-2012 09:38 PM

It won't if we don't act! Go to the main forum, and click on the contact info for CN, and send them a letter!

dpcphoto 05-27-2012 10:08 PM

Below is the link posted by Lioconvoy... Everyone needs to send CN their thoughts

Contact Us | Your Feedback | Cartoon Network

Sirokos2000 05-28-2012 03:50 AM

Hey Brothers... Thundercats is a WORLDWIDE PHENOMENO with a Huge community of Fans since the early 80s! LETS PROVE OUR POWER by sending CN our thoughts! .... ACT TODAY!

Contact Us | Your Feedback | Cartoon Network

Sportsandstuff 05-30-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lioconvoy (Post 52651)
It won't if we don't act! Go to the main forum, and click on the contact info for CN, and send them a letter!

I did :)

nitewing73 05-30-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lioconvoy (Post 52651)

Just did. Hope the campaign works! It's one of the few shows that my wife and two kids watch with me and enjoy.

BB Shockwave 05-31-2012 03:43 AM

I am sorry, but where do all you doomsayers get your info about the show's cancellation? There is NOTHING to indicate it. The show is going strong, and CN just started exporting it worldwide, Hungarian CN has just started airing it dubbed. Obviously they'd not invest into dubbing a show unless it would go on for quite some time. Short shows never make it to my country.

Cat's Pajamas 05-31-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 53098)
I am sorry, but where do all you doomsayers get your info about the show's cancellation? There is NOTHING to indicate it. The show is going strong, and CN just started exporting it worldwide, Hungarian CN has just started airing it dubbed. Obviously they'd not invest into dubbing a show unless it would go on for quite some time. Short shows never make it to my country.

The airing has been spotty, CN likes to dump shows at the drop of a hat, and the toy line has tanked. I don't think it's "doomsaying" to reach out to the network and let them know how much we care about the show.

There was a lot of complaining that those of us who were worried about the future of the toy line were being "negative, pessimistic," and "wanted the line to fail." Now you're calling people who are taking precautions and reaching out to CN "doomsayers." This community can be pretty awful at encouraging its members to help save a floundering property we all care about.

fuukonomiko 05-31-2012 12:35 PM

Save the Thundercats! My friend Eclipse found this on tumblr:

Save Thundercats!

:D :D :D

Balgus82 05-31-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuukonomiko (Post 53150)
Save the Thundercats! My friend Eclipse found this on tumblr:

Save Thundercats!

:D :D :D

Interesting seeing Marisha Ray as Tygra seeing how she's Matthew Mercer's girlfriend. lol

That fact also really makes me think the show is in trouble though... :/

AlexofThundera 05-31-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 53152)
That fact also really makes me think the show is in trouble though... :/

My thoughts exactly.

L08e16o 05-31-2012 02:53 PM

If this show is killed, I hope the blame is just not on CN. It needs to be on MJ too. This is not his only show that has had the second season killed.

Shouldn't have wrote his T fan fic.

BB Shockwave 06-01-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 53104)
The airing has been spotty, CN likes to dump shows at the drop of a hat, and the toy line has tanked. I don't think it's "doomsaying" to reach out to the network and let them know how much we care about the show.

There was a lot of complaining that those of us who were worried about the future of the toy line were being "negative, pessimistic," and "wanted the line to fail." Now you're calling people who are taking precautions and reaching out to CN "doomsayers." This community can be pretty awful at encouraging its members to help save a floundering property we all care about.

The same thing happened with Transformers Animated - they toys were released much later then the cartoon, CN moved the series to a bad airing date (because Hasbro was starting the Hub, their own channel), and generally a lot of bad luck. But you know what, the show was not cancelled because of this... The reception was very positive and Hasbro would have continued the show, if not for the fact that it was a joint venture with CN, and they (as Hasbro became a competitor with the launch of the Hub) simply did not give their approval.

Thundercats has no such problems, the ratings are fine, the show is acclaimed by critics as far as I have seen, and it's one of CN's new "big hits" alongside Young Justice and Green Lantern. They'd be crazy to cancel it.

And as for CN not releasing any official word, does not surprise me. They don't tend to communicate well with fans. Or at all. Hasbro is much better in this regard, just check the shout-outs to the MLP FiM fanbase on the Hub.

That's why I feel it is premature to start petitions and whatnot (besides, what do those ever accomplish? Uwe Boll is still making movies... :D) - I'd be all for this if we were in a situation like with Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, where we do have solid fact that the show is gonna get cancelled. (Curse you, Jeph Loeb!) But this is hardly the case.

tallgeeseblue 06-04-2012 01:11 PM

What if cartoon network either-

reran the show(first season over the summer.)
or
took a break and reran it starting in the fall no breaks

the toyline then gets relaunched along with merch. if merchandise is running it this way kids can get their stuff for back to school backpacks lunch boxes etc. which would drive sales/viewership (although little late to start making these things for the fall)

then the second true season would then pick up either in spring of 13 or fall of 13 giving plenty of lead time for writing or a posibly a wrap up straight to DVD and time to sync any more lines of merch.

because while spending all this money on making eps is great profitwise they need a chance to show them more than once. to make it worthwhile

AlexofThundera 06-04-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgeeseblue (Post 53600)

or

the toyline then gets relaunched along with merch. if merchandise is running it this way kids can get their stuff for back to school backpacks lunch boxes etc. which would drive sales/viewership (although little late to start making these things for the fall)

then the second true season would then pick up either in spring of 13 or fall of 13 giving plenty of lead time for writing or a posibly a wrap up straight to DVD and time to sync any more lines of merch.

because while spending all this money on making eps is great profitwise they need a chance to show them more than once. to make it worthwhile

This is something I have thought about though I don't believe they would re-release wave 1 but release wave 2 (or 3) of the toys. A lot of children who never watched the show on Fridays missed out on the first 13 episodes and rerunning it from the start may allow them to "start from scratch" getting more kids interested and buying merch.

Balgus82 06-04-2012 04:01 PM

they really do need to start airing reruns of the show. Every kid isn't going to be up at 9am Saturday and Sunday to watch it, and we have more than enough episodes now to air it on weekday afternoons for a while.

Dr Kain 06-04-2012 06:04 PM

Pixel Dan published this interesting article for those of you who do not follow him:
What does the future hold for ThunderCats? | Pixel-Dan.com: For the Love of Toys!

monothingie 06-04-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgeeseblue (Post 53600)

or

The most concerning thing here is that CN has simply done a dump of all 13 "season 2" episodes with out interruption. It seems as though CN is simply treating TC as a sunk cost and purging everything that has already in the can to make room for something else. (a clearance sale if you will) I don't recall any other series on the air now (that are being renewed) being handled the same way. If you see that in three weeks TC is still on the schedule in reruns then that is good sign for the show coming back. But if you see the Ben 10 hour, it's done.

adssse 06-04-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 53642)
Pixel Dan published this interesting article for those of you who do not follow him:
What does the future hold for ThunderCats? | Pixel-Dan.com: For the Love of Toys!

Thanks for the link. I would have missed this otherwise...

thunderbee 06-04-2012 07:27 PM

This does not look good... WHISKERS!!! Page can not be found... On BANDAI SITE!
Meet the all new ThunderCats - ThunderCats

thunderbee 06-04-2012 07:28 PM

Here is the image:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f2wow.jpg

Maybe they are updating with NEW pics... RIGHT?

thunderbee 06-04-2012 07:29 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/f2wow.jpg

AlexofThundera 06-04-2012 09:40 PM

Great article by Pixel Dan and Four Horsemen doing Thundercats? Yes Please!!

*All links on Bandai's site related to Thundercats leads to that same message.

BB Shockwave 06-05-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monothingie (Post 53645)
The most concerning thing here is that CN has simply done a dump of all 13 "season 2" episodes with out interruption. It seems as though CN is simply treating TC as a sunk cost and purging everything that has already in the can to make room for something else. (a clearance sale if you will) I don't recall any other series on the air now (that are being renewed) being handled the same way. If you see that in three weeks TC is still on the schedule in reruns then that is good sign for the show coming back. But if you see the Ben 10 hour, it's done.

CN is doing that to Young Justice, Green Lantern TAS and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes too. One new episode every week, every saturday. Don't see what's so wrong with that. Same way shows used to be aired when I was a kid in the eighties, and I much prefer that. Most kids are at home and watching TV in saturday morning, all over the world. This is the perfect slot.

L08e16o 06-05-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 53696)
CN is doing that to Young Justice, Green Lantern TAS and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes too. One new episode every week, every saturday. Don't see what's so wrong with that. Same way shows used to be aired when I was a kid in the eighties, and I much prefer that. Most kids are at home and watching TV in saturday morning, all over the world. This is the perfect slot.

80s??

I watched TCats, Voltron, Silver hawk, GI Joe, Transformers, and a bunch of cartoons on week days. Where have you been.

This show is going on the back burner and that says a lot.

CN moved it to Saturday to get more interest in the show and it didn't.

I don't see a bright future for this show.

Tracer 06-05-2012 08:57 AM

The Status Of The ThunderCats Line - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com

Quote:

Ever since Toy Fair in February when Bandai failed to show any new ThunderCats product for the rest of 2012, there has been a question about what the future holds for the line. As of late, a number of rumors have been popping up around the net about Bandai losing the license and how other companies like Hasbro or Mattel are looking to pick it up.

We decided to go to Bandai and find out if there is any truth to these rumors. According to them, there is not. They tell us that they are still the master toy licensee for ThunderCats. The Spring 2012 product line has rolled out here in the US and their product line is not canceled, as they are currently rolling out ThunderCats product globally in conjunction with the TV show being airing internationally.

So there you have it. As for when we might get word of new products for us in the US, that still remains somewhat a mystery as well as the status of the show on Cartoon Network. For now though, it would seem unlikely any other toy company will be getting their hands on this license any time soon.

Lioconvoy 06-05-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 53718)
80s??

I watched TCats, Voltron, Silver hawk, GI Joe, Transformers, and a bunch of cartoons on week days. Where have you been.

This show is going on the back burner and that says a lot.

CN moved it to Saturday to get more interest in the show and it didn't.

I don't see a bright future for this show.

Bull crap it didn't. Matthew Mercer himself said at Anime Matsuri in April that since the slot change that ratings have DOUBLED.

Dr Kain 06-05-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Young Justice. They aired like the last 10 episodes of Season 1 and started Season 2 the following week and it is still going non-stop.

Dr Kain 06-05-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 53720)

Uh, Spring 2012 line? You mean the ones that came out back in Feb? That tells us nothing new. That just says the toy line is out, that does not say anything about new figures coming up.

L08e16o 06-05-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lioconvoy (Post 53724)
Bull crap it didn't. Matthew Mercer himself said at Anime Matsuri in April that since the slot change that ratings have DOUBLED.

1.8/8 rating for birth of the blades is not a good rating.

I do not take the VAs and Tcrew as truth anymore. There were a lot of things said that were not true.

If the ratings are so good, then why are the kids not buying the toys since that is who the show is aimed at.

Lioconvoy 06-05-2012 10:41 AM

And here are you pulling those ratings from, exactly?

L08e16o 06-05-2012 11:38 AM

The ratings for May 19th shows that once again, Cartoon Network ranked third below Nick and Disney.

Thundercats (the Forever Bag) recieved a 1.7/8 for its target 6-11 age group.

Nielsen numbers are usually expressed by points and share. Points, the first number expressed (1.7) refers to Nielsen's assumption of how the percentage of total homes are viewing the show at the given moment when the rating is taken. So, 1.7 would mean that from Nielsen's 5,000 homes sampled, they are assuming 1.7 percent of the total homes in America. The second number (8) represents the share of total viewers - in this case it means that 8 percent of the people watching television at that moment were watching this show. 92 percent were watching something else.

The episode the week prior (Birth of Blades) rated a 1/8."

CCDustyV 06-05-2012 12:10 PM

actually judging by the numbers its been on a upswing and hasn't really dropped THAT much. Yes Spongebob will get more ratings, it's like crack for kids. compared to other Saturday Morning CN shows TC is still doing fairly well. not outstanding, but it's hanging in there.

gjustis 06-05-2012 01:04 PM

lol

The tenacious optimism is inspiring. :D

CCDustyV 06-05-2012 01:10 PM

if I jumped ship every time a show showed low rating eps I'd have given up on Chuck in season 1. that show survived 5 seasons with rollercoaster ratings, and it didn't have half the fanbase this show has.

monothingie 06-05-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 53739)
The ratings for May 19th shows that once again, Cartoon Network ranked third below Nick and Disney.

Nielsen numbers are usually expressed by points and share. Points, the first number expressed (1.7) refers to Nielsen's assumption of how the percentage of total homes are viewing the show at the given moment when the rating is taken. So, 1.7 would mean that from Nielsen's 5,000 homes sampled, they are assuming 1.7 percent of the total homes in America. The second number (8) represents the share of total viewers - in this case it means that 8 percent of the people watching television at that moment were watching this show. 92 percent were watching something else.

You are close, but this should explain Neilson ratings.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rating...id=ratings_faq

So on that specific TC episode received 1.7/8 Meaning out of 115 Million homes that Neilson estimates that have TVs, 1.7% of the target demo were watching TC.

The 8 is the percentage based on actual total (no specific demo) TV viewers for the period.

So doing the math .017*115000000= 1.95 Million target demo people were watching TC for that specific episode.

Don't know if this is good or bad or neither.

Balgus82 06-05-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

If they were treating it as a sunken ship they just would've stopped airing the episodes altogether. Like they did with Generator Rex. The last couple episodes of that show still haven't aired on CN.

Balgus82 06-05-2012 03:05 PM

And the Bandai site is back up too btw.

Balgus82 06-05-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 53732)

I do not take the VAs and Tcrew as truth anymore. There were a lot of things said that were not true.

If the ratings are so good, then why are the kids not buying the toys since that is who the show is aimed at.

For CN, yes it is good ratings. That's better than what DC Nation and Ben 10 does most of the time.

Tracer 06-05-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 53726)
Uh, Spring 2012 line? You mean the ones that came out back in Feb? That tells us nothing new. That just says the toy line is out, that does not say anything about new figures coming up.

I completely agree.

L08e16o 06-05-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 53765)
For CN, yes it is good ratings. That's better than what DC Nation and Ben 10 does most of the time.

They will air the rest of the episodes. I think if CN was interested then they would've ordered more or show reruns.

Ben 10 is in its forth season and isn't it on other time slots.

Anything DC is usually safe. Look how many reboots of Batman there are.

This is the Tcats first reboot.

CCDustyV 06-05-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 53765)

looked at the ratings for all the eps of the series, the ratings have stayed rather stable which is a good thing. the pilot it 2.1, and after that it stayed between 1.5 and 1.8 and never dropping below 1.4. for saturday morning that's not bad.

CCDustyV 06-05-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 53771)
They will air the rest of the episodes. I think if CN was interested then they would've ordered more or show reruns.

Ben 10 is in its forth season and isn't it on other time slots.

Anything DC is usually safe. Look how many reboots of Batman there are.

This is the Tcats first reboot.

CN very seldom does reruns anymore I've noticed. and I must point out, has CN EVER done anything logical?

CCDustyV 06-05-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 53732)

kids tend to buy more video games than toys now and I have to say the TC figures do kinda suck...

L08e16o 06-05-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCDustyV (Post 53780)
kids tend to buy more video games than toys now and I have to say the TC figures do kinda suck...

It sounded like CN was banking on the toy sales too.

I see this stuff all the time with anime or games.

I love Dynasty warriors, DW7 empires is coming out overseas, but Koei might dub it due to low sales. They will not port the game to Xbox now. The anime industry is tricky. They say animators in Japan don't make that much they depend on merchandise.

Usually the first season makes a great impression and sales well; which gets another season. TCats, I don't know. I still believe this all started with a certain episode.

I have time warner and CN has not sent any Tcats episodes since 22.

Balgus82 06-05-2012 06:53 PM

I don't see why they haven't aired this show in Japan. Not only would they merchandise the heck out of it there they'd give it an intro.

CCDustyV 06-05-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 53785)
I don't see why they haven't aired this show in Japan. Not only would they merchandise the heck out of it there they'd give it an intro.

can already see the PVC figurines of scantily clad Cheetara and Pumyra in sexy poses...

Dr Kain 06-06-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L08e16o (Post 53739)

How is that not good?

And what are the ratings for those who watched it that don't have Nielson boxes? How about those that DVR'd it and watched it later?

Dr Kain 06-06-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCDustyV (Post 53779)
CN very seldom does reruns anymore I've noticed. and I must point out, has CN EVER done anything logical?

Wrong, the won't do reruns unless you name is Johnny Test.