Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thundercats Prequel (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=347)

rodster6 02-16-2011 08:39 AM

Thundercats Prequel

Would anyone else have loved to have seen a prequel to the original Thundercats show?

I always wanted to see more of the war between the Mutants and Thundercats. Jaga and Grune fighting alongside eachother and Ratilla leading the Mutant army.

crackus 02-16-2011 10:08 AM

yeah! I would love to see that

dolza_khyron 02-19-2011 06:22 PM

maybe we will in the pilot; hopefully they're clothed this time though LMAO!

LionO84 02-20-2011 10:35 PM

ya hopefully the new show will dive into this topic.

dolza_khyron 02-20-2011 11:08 PM

yeaa i'd totally would like the new show to cover more of the past!

Joe Moore 02-23-2011 09:20 AM

The thing that's good, is I think the show actually takes place solely on Thundera. So we should get a great look at life on the planet.

trebleshot 02-23-2011 09:53 AM

I would love to see some kind of 1-hour prequel movie.

I'm hoping they at least do numerous flashbacks that fill in the backstory of the war and the old guard, so to speak.

Ratar-O 02-23-2011 11:01 AM

I prequel would be awesome, I love when shows go into the history and pasts of our favorite villains and heroes.

Michael'O 02-28-2011 10:08 PM

OK I have a question the new cartoon can't just take place on Thundera, as Mumm-ra is from Third Earth (Basically our Earth gone to hell and back), so how can Mumm-ra appear in this new series if Thundera doesn't get the crap blown out of it, to force the Thunderians to leave said planet.

Ratar-O 03-01-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael'O (Post 2207)
OK I have a question the new cartoon can't just take place on Thundera, as Mumm-ra is from Third Earth (Basically our Earth gone to hell and back), so how can Mumm-ra appear in this new series if Thundera doesn't get the crap blown out of it, to force the Thunderians to leave said planet.

Because wherever EVIL is Mumm-Ra is. It is like in the original series, Mumm-Ra was from Third Earth but he knew of The sword of omens without having stepped foot on Thundera, he knew what Thundercats were. I am sure things will be worked out in a way that we will be able to accept. I doubt the whole entire series will Take place only on Thundera.

Joe Moore 03-01-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

New series not tied to the original. Producers said they were simplifying the mythology. so don't be surprised if Mumm-Ra is on Thundera.

Ratar-O 03-01-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 2242)
New series not tied to the original. Producers said they were simplifying the mythology. so don't be surprised if Mumm-Ra is on Thundera.

Well that definitely explains a lot, and I actually like it that way. Usually I am not a fan of any retelling of my childhood favorites but like G.I. Joe Renegades, ThunderCats I am sure will work out and grow on us all.

GK Punk 03-01-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

One thing that needs to be kept in mind while watching the new series: It is not the old one, by any means. All bets are off, this is a new universe with a new continuity and cannon. There is no reason Mumm-Ra can't be re-written to have origins on Thundera. As long as it makes sense and works, I couldn't care less honestly.