Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Eye of Thundera 4-pack found at Target (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=9035)

Burning Bright 12-15-2011 07:00 PM

Eye of Thundera 4-pack found at Target

3 Attachment(s)
Just yesterday I came across something unexpected while I was at Target.

It's a 4-pack of 4" figures from the modern line titled "Eye of Thundera pack". The figures included are: Tygra, Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, and Snarf.

I don't know how much it costs as there were just a half-dozen of them stacked on the shelf in the corner of the Transformers section. Also, the price scanners are down in the particular Target I found them at (a standard one, I didn't find any of these at two Super Target that I also went through yesterday).

Tygra appears identical to his individually packaged figure. Mumm-Ra and Lion-O appeared to only have the sword accessories in their hand. Snarf actually has a mold change. He doesn't have the squared-off extra back-section with the magnet to interact with the Thundertank.

I have no idea what this means in terms of whether or not Target will carry more Thundercats toys in the future.

So everybody can see what I'm talking about, I attached pictures of the set.

One of the front of the box for the basic look of the set. One looking through the top of the box to show the modified Snarf. One final one showing the cross-sell on the back for all of the vehicles in the line, including the Storm Charger and Tiger Flyer.

I'm left wondering if we'll be getting official word of what exactly this is all about at any point.

dj7000 12-15-2011 07:52 PM

wow. thanks

Ocelot 12-16-2011 06:46 AM

At least it seems like they're giving us other ways to get Snarf. I don't have enough display space for the Thundertank.

IndyCat 12-16-2011 09:00 AM

tempted to get this just for the stupid Snarf Variant.....wonder how much this is.

btw: thanks for the pics.

Tracer 12-16-2011 10:20 AM

What state was this found in?

Burning Bright 12-16-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 24755)
What state was this found in?

I live (and found it) in Florida. However, the day that I found it I looked in the sightings forum and found that 2 days before another forum member, tgbobafett, had sighted this item in Texas as well (that sighting just didn't have any pics with it).

No idea when this might show up elsewhere since there wasn't even a shelf-tag to offer even the slightest hint for this. Both of these sightings may have been a case of the employees putting these out before street date for all I know. At this point all I can offer, aside from what was in the thread-starter post, is baseless speculation.

squawkbot 12-16-2011 08:19 PM

is that a variant snarf?
jeebus, he's huge, should call him Rad-Snarf...sorry been playing fallout

Tracer 12-16-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Bright (Post 24775)
I live (and found it) in Florida. However, the day that I found it I looked in the sightings forum and found that 2 days before another forum member, tgbobafett, had sighted this item in Texas as well (that sighting just didn't have any pics with it).

No idea when this might show up elsewhere since there wasn't even a shelf-tag to offer even the slightest hint for this. Both of these sightings may have been a case of the employees putting these out before street date for all I know. At this point all I can offer, aside from what was in the thread-starter post, is baseless speculation.

Thanks, if you don't mind how much was it?

tgbobafett 12-17-2011 03:04 PM

Saw it while back at Target in Longview, Texas and finally took a pic today

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/971...1711185022.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lody 12-17-2011 06:08 PM

Found it today at Target in Houston

$28.99

No gauntlet or small sword for Lion, No large sword or gaunlet for Mum-ra-I passed.

Cat's Pajamas 12-18-2011 09:43 AM

Bandai hasn't figured out that they need to throw one new figure in there, to force us all to buy three figures we already own?

IndyCat 12-18-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas (Post 24891)
Bandai hasn't figured out that they need to throw one new figure in there, to force us all to buy three figures we already own?

I agree. I would have probably bought thus for one new figure. But for $30....no way!

barairoTVlive 12-20-2011 07:33 PM

Old News for me

found this several weeks ago i tried to post, but freakin website wouldnt let me post pics for some reason

nomad16 12-20-2011 08:12 PM

well you get snarf without having to get the tank so for those who want him separately I think its a good buy. though I have them all and the t-tank too :D

User897 12-21-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomad16 (Post 25393)
well you get snarf without having to get the tank so for those who want him separately I think its a good buy. though I have them all and the t-tank too :D

Umm. No. The Thundertank is $30 and comes with Snarf. This figure set is $30 and includes Snarf, but also has incomplete figures already owned.

Pass.

Joe Moore 12-21-2011 08:20 AM

It's good to see Target's finally deciding to carry the line. I think they really missed out on the early sales opportunities. In my area, the line is selling extremely well for the holidays.

BigD 12-22-2011 02:07 AM

Well I only have Lion-o so the price of the set doesn't really bother me that much. To me this sceams Christmas present. I doubt it's really ment to be a gift set but the fact that they're just starting to show up they had to be thinking we'll release this at Christmas as a starter set of sorts. It's probaly not something I'm gonna run out and buy but if I find it and the mood hits me I'll buy it.

User897 12-22-2011 02:15 AM

Why? The figures are incomplete. I'd rather go to one of the stores across the street and buy the individual figures with all of their accessories.

Ocelot 12-22-2011 08:20 AM

The only accessory missing in the pack that's worth anything IMO is Lion-O's gauntlet. Mumm-Ra doesnt use one in mummy form anyway, and I'd pinch Mumm-Ra's shortsword and give it to Lion-O to replace the mini Sword of Omens. Tygra has all his stuff.

I won't buy it purely because I have Lion-O and Tygra anyway, but if I didn't, I'd rather buy this set.

tgbobafett 12-26-2011 03:38 PM

Saw this at Target today also. All the other classic figures I've seen, the mouth is always closed. This something new?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8...6124038415.jpg

Mintcondition 12-26-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgbobafett (Post 25998)
Saw this at Target today also. All the other classic figures I've seen, the mouth is always closed. This something new?

What was the DPCI on the new 6 inch Classics?

tgbobafett 12-26-2011 08:25 PM

Oh.....Idk!! Didn't look haha my bad

Mintcondition 12-27-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgbobafett (Post 26023)
Oh.....Idk!! Didn't look haha my bad

No problem. I found them yesterday anyway, haha. :)

BigD 12-28-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocelot (Post 25549)
The only accessory missing in the pack that's worth anything IMO is Lion-O's gauntlet. Mumm-Ra doesnt use one in mummy form anyway, and I'd pinch Mumm-Ra's shortsword and give it to Lion-O to replace the mini Sword of Omens. Tygra has all his stuff.

I won't buy it purely because I have Lion-O and Tygra anyway, but if I didn't, I'd rather buy this set.

This is how I feel and add in the fact that I'll probaly never buy the single figure version of this Mumm-Ra. The four pack is a good buy from my point of view. It has one figure I have,One that I want, one tha's only comes with a vehical that I'm not 100% interrested in buying and one figure I wouldn't buy by it's self. All of that factored in along witht he set being a few dollars less that four single figures I don't think it's a bad buy.

As for the 6in Classic Lion-O I'm not a big fan of open mouth sculpts in general but I'll pick this up just because I still think it looks kinda cool.

Scelestus Unus 12-28-2011 07:23 AM

Wish I had seen this in stores. I already have the Mumm-Ra, but none of the other figures.

I did just get an Amazon gift card for Christmas though, and they had the Tower of Omens/Thundertank on sale with Super Saver shipping. I threw in a Lion-O to put me over the total for free shipping, so now I'm just missing the Tygra. (But I'm getting a clear one to tide me over, at least.) All I will technically need now is a Panthro to have a full team.

Cat's Pajamas 12-28-2011 07:25 AM

If that pack had Lion-o, Snarf, Monkian, and Jackalman, they'd be selling so fast they'd be impossible to find. This set of currently available figures feels like future filler for the clearance isle.

Dr Kain 12-28-2011 11:37 AM

EDIT- Nevermind, it is 087-06-0931, thanks.

Although, my Target currently has 407 Transformers DOTM Cyberverse figures sitting on their peghooks throughout the toy isle, so I doubt they are going to stock anything new until the end of Jan.

THUNDER JEDI 12-28-2011 06:13 PM

Just wanted to let everybody know that the Snarf figure in this set is NOT a variation or a new sculpt. It's the exact same figure that comes with the Thundertank and does have the Thunderlynx magnet.

Jlogano20 12-29-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgbobafett (Post 25998)

oh sweet those are out now my target havent even gotten the crap 4pack let alone this

MegatronWolf 01-02-2012 07:01 PM

the targets in my area still have no clue what thundercats is, think its safe to say they wont be getting this or anything else any time soon including the stuff they normally carry. The entire action figure isle has been empty since before christmas. Wish they'd start carrying thundercat stuff cause TRU is to over priced and walmart only carries the 4in figures & vehicles.

nitewing73 01-03-2012 01:18 PM

I've started seeing these sets more now that Target is in the middle of their resets. I've also seen the new 6-inch classics and basic and deluxe 4-inch figures.

BigD 01-04-2012 02:36 AM

When I was at my local Target this past Friday they also had the 6" Classic, 4" Basic and 4" Deluxe. They also had the Thundertank. But they didn't have the 4 pack or the new 6" TC figures. I was happy to see the 6" CLassic and 4" Deluxe figures.

IndyCat 01-04-2012 03:39 PM

My local target hat all the series 1 - 4". Thundertank and Tower of Omens. They DIDNT have any of the 8" classics, 6" classics or the 6" modern or any deluxe stuff.

Tracer 01-04-2012 04:55 PM

I found the 6" classics, 4" figures and the 4 pack at one of the Targets around here. So they are slowly coming out.

FWIW The Snarf I saw in the 4 pack was the exact same one that came with the Thundertank. Someone mentioned that it didn't have the magnet but all of the ones I saw did.

THUNDER JEDI 01-04-2012 05:32 PM

Yeah. I posted that earlier about the snarf figure having the magnet. I guess my post was not noticed. At least you have seen the snarf and can agree that there is no difference between the 4pack snarf and the Thundertank snarf.

poddie 01-06-2012 06:11 AM

I've never seen Snarf next to any other figures before... is he really that huge???

He's not that big in the cartoon is he? Seems really out of scale.

Cat's Pajamas 01-06-2012 07:42 AM

Yup, he's closer in scale to the 6" figures. I'm hoping they include a more accurate one with one of the five million versions of Lion-o they're enevitably going to release.

THUNDER JEDI 01-07-2012 01:59 PM

I just saw a new thread about the wave 2 Tygra has a head. The Tygra in the 4 pack also has the new head/face.

Robogeek1973 01-08-2012 07:35 PM

I saw these packs at the three Targets I visited yesterday. Sadly they didn't have any of the 6 inch mainline figs yet, just the Classics. Ah well, no Cheetara for me yet.