Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Cartoons (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cartoon Intro (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=3758)

Valdin 08-23-2011 09:44 PM

Cartoon Intro

In the 80's we had the best cartoon intro from thundercats. The theme song is proudly my ringtone :) With the new show however, we got the 1 line tune with the growl a black screen and the red cat logo. It's decent and all just a little underwhelming. Do you think they will expand on it at all? I'm not knocking it. But alot of my favorite toons had killer intros like MASK, SilverHawks, Gi Joe etc. It made them more memorable to me. Most of my favorite cartoon themes are ringtones, its so awesome!

Ravenxl7 08-23-2011 09:53 PM

As cool as a full intro would be, I'm fine with the mini-intro the new show has. Allows for more time to be given to actual episode content. Also, it leaves the original's intro as something special...if that makes sense.

Valdin 08-23-2011 10:02 PM

yes it does

Tracer 08-23-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdin (Post 12416)
In the 80's we had the best cartoon intro from thundercats. The theme song is proudly my ringtone :) With the new show however, we got the 1 line tune with the growl a black screen and the red cat logo. It's decent and all just a little underwhelming. Do you think they will expand on it at all? I'm not knocking it. But alot of my favorite toons had killer intros like MASK, SilverHawks, Gi Joe etc. It made them more memorable to me. Most of my favorite cartoon themes are ringtones, its so awesome!

So true but they couldn't top the original intro anyway. The 80's rocked with intros. Thundercats, Silverhawks, Mighty Orbots, Dinosaucers, MASK were among my favorites.

Monkian 08-23-2011 11:59 PM

My guess is that they'll leave it as is.

Shadowknight1 08-24-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

If you really want to see the show with an "epic" opening, I've sort of got you covered. I took scenes from these first few episodes and arranged them to the original opening audio. Enjoy! :D

ThunderCats 2011 Classic Opening updated - YouTube

crackus 08-24-2011 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowknight1 (Post 12452)
If you really want to see the show with an "epic" opening, I've sort of got you covered. I took scenes from these first few episodes and arranged them to the original opening audio. Enjoy! :D

nice one!!

Valdin 08-24-2011 12:39 PM

That, was awesome!

Tracer 08-24-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Awesome as soon as you get the Mumm-ra transformation in there we are all set.

IndyCat 08-24-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

The theme song is proudly my ringtone :)

I am using the new Thundercats HOoooo as my ringtone :)

IndyCat 08-24-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Brilliant! You got the "Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats HOOOOOoooo" absolutely the way it should be. Nice job.:)

Ruination04 08-25-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Awesome!

SPLIT LIP 08-25-2011 12:41 PM

Even though I'm cool with the current intro, I would not object to a full one later on.

Shadowknight1 08-25-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 12587)
Awesome as soon as you get the Mumm-ra transformation in there we are all set.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

I'm not sure if I'm going to put in the Mumm-ra transformation in there just yet. I've already done two versions of the video, the first didn't have any Panthro or ThunderTank.

Shadowknight1 09-12-2011 10:08 PM

So, here's a question...why the frak is YouTube saying I can make MONEY off of this f-ing video?! It's using copyrighted material, I'd get sued or thrown in jail if I made money off of the video, right??

DecepticonSpike 10-29-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Very, very cool.

Ocicat 10-30-2011 04:18 AM

That was absolutely brilliant! I loved it! I wouldn't even know where to start doing something like that! Well done!

englishw 10-31-2011 03:21 PM

Amazing! Great job!

king kahn 10-31-2011 07:56 PM

Iknow the have made a real intro. However this is pretty good. I hope to see the actual intro at some point in time.