Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Classics Bad Guy (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=5468)

rchrz60 09-15-2011 01:43 PM

New Classics Bad Guy

Ok, so not new, but it's easy to do at home.

I was tired of waiting for the next wave of figures to come out, and praying that they would have a bad guy for Lion-O and Tygra to do battle with, so I took it upon myself.

I actually got the idea while watching an episode of the 80's Thundercats with my kids. Episode title: "Fond Memories Season 1 Episode 65"

Mumm-Ra actually transforms into an evil version of Lion-o, "a red version" and they duke it out. I thought, why not just pick up another Lion-o and repaint him. So that's what I did. Now I can have an epic battle of my own. Let me know what you all think.

It's all done with Testors Model paint and primer. I used Grey Primer, then Red, Dark Red, and a Metallic Red for the belt. Hope you like it.

crackus 09-15-2011 02:08 PM

pics?

IndyCat 09-15-2011 02:09 PM

Pics or it didnt happen.

rchrz60 09-15-2011 02:10 PM

I'm trying to get them up, but it's telling me failed due to lack of security token, so I contacted Admin about it, and will have them up asap.

Thanks for the interest.

77kustoms 09-15-2011 02:13 PM

Is it based on the Lion-o in your avatar?

rchrz60 09-15-2011 02:29 PM

Yes, that's the one. I took a screen capture from the show until I could get the pictures uploaded. Does anyone have an idea what it means by Security Token? I'd like to get these posted cause it looks epic.

77kustoms 09-15-2011 02:56 PM

I had that problem at tfw. Upload your pictures to photobucket or flickr and use the image codes under share. Or post a link to the gallery.

Also you should post it in the customs section ;)

Devinebull1978 09-15-2011 03:14 PM

try uploading one at a time...I had same prob when uploading a few pics...

rchrz60 09-15-2011 03:20 PM

Ok Let's Try This!

See if this link works and let me know what you think.

Flickr: rchrz60's Photostream

IndyCat 09-15-2011 03:35 PM

nice repaint!

Balgus82 09-15-2011 03:47 PM

That's kinda cool. Though personally I'd also give him the Sword of Plunn-dar from the NS 6" Mumm-Ra (assuming it would fit). :D

77kustoms 09-15-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 16364)
That's kinda cool. Though personally I'd also give him the Sword of Plunn-dar from the NS 6" Mumm-Ra (assuming it would fit). :D

Agreed! Very cool none the less!

crackus 09-15-2011 04:22 PM

saw the pics!! yeah!!! awesome!!

crackus 09-15-2011 04:24 PM

I wonder if that's gonna happen with the new thundercats?

NoodleChow 09-15-2011 04:25 PM

that's actually a pretty rad repaint. great job on it!

poisoncow 09-15-2011 05:45 PM

Love the eyebrows

Devinebull1978 09-15-2011 07:49 PM

Its also not only a evil Lion-o, but also the ''Lion-O with the vintage Thunderwings packaging that was never produced'' repaint...looks awesome. Well done. PS we dont get Testors in UK :( we have to ship it over.... not fair!

Thundercat4Life 09-15-2011 10:47 PM

If I sent you the figure could you do this for me??? I will pay of coarse.......

rchrz60 09-15-2011 11:20 PM

Production

I actually thought about offering to do this for people if they are interested. Not so much about making money, but I enjoy doing it as a hobby. I can get the figures for about $16USD each from at a local store, I know Toys R Us is charging $19.99USD each, so that's already a deal. Plus the paint and time. Would it be fair to charge about $30-35USD shipping included for the figure, repaint, and shipping? Unless of course it was outside the US then shipping would be adjusted to location.

I know a lot of people have been clammering for some new figures and some bad guys, but it looks like it's going to be a wait, so why not take advantage of a vintage storyline with the vintage figures. I also know that a lot of people might be interested in this but don't have the skill, (no offence) or the time to actually do it.

I'd be willing to take care of that, slip them back into the packaging, and send them out. It's something I enjoy doing.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Ryan

rchrz60 09-15-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 16364)

I thought about that, but if you watch the actual episode, which I believe there is a clip on youtube, he has a sword of omens as well, so I just figured keep it accurate. If you look close I also followed the original paint scheme keeping the main parts red, the trim a darker red, and the belt the metallic red. I think it looks pretty sweet, and the bonus about testors is that I can actually play with this figure, move him around and the paint isn't coming off.

I also used a light coating of Testors "Dull Cote" on the entire figure to avoid him having that glossy repainted look. It really adds to the official out of the box look and feel.

This is a great addition to my collection, even if I had to make it.

rchrz60 09-18-2011 03:56 PM

I was suprised that no one hit me up for one of these yet. I'm loving having the Evil Lion-O in my collection. If the pricing was to high and that's whats holding some of you back, please PM me. I never ment to offend anyone, and I'm kind of new to this type of thing, I just wanted everyone to have one like I have cause they are awesome together. I wasn't too sure about where to set the pricing, that's why I threw that question out there. Please keep me updated as I don't want to upset anyone on the board.

PANTHRO HOOO 09-18-2011 03:59 PM

I like what you did just not into customs enough to buy a nodded toys.

>EXO< 09-18-2011 04:21 PM

I think that's an awesome price for a custom. Personally I'm waiting for new figs and not repaint, but I think your custom is fantastic.

Thundercat4Life 09-18-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchrz60 (Post 16400)
I actually thought about offering to do this for people if they are interested. Not so much about making money, but I enjoy doing it as a hobby. I can get the figures for about $16USD each from at a local store, I know Toys R Us is charging $19.99USD each, so that's already a deal. Plus the paint and time. Would it be fair to charge about $30-35USD shipping included for the figure, repaint, and shipping? Unless of course it was outside the US then shipping would be adjusted to location.

I know a lot of people have been clammering for some new figures and some bad guys, but it looks like it's going to be a wait, so why not take advantage of a vintage storyline with the vintage figures. I also know that a lot of people might be interested in this but don't have the skill, (no offence) or the time to actually do it.

I'd be willing to take care of that, slip them back into the packaging, and send them out. It's something I enjoy doing.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Ryan

I will take one 100% please????

Let me know and Thanks :)

rchrz60 09-19-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercat4Life (Post 16690)
I will take one 100% please????

Let me know and Thanks :)

I'm still kind of new to this. I do have a paypal account, so PM me with info and I'll be able to get rolling on yours right away. As I said these will be repainted and then resealed in the factory box and shipped out. Let me know if your US or outside of the US as well

Thank you

rchrz60 09-19-2011 11:53 PM

I also thought of somehthing else. I'd be willing to offer to paint these any custom scheme as long as you sent me something to go off of. The reason I did the Mumm-Ra/Lion-O is that I had a reference to base it off of. If there is something in the comics or Fan Fic please don't hesitate to send me something for it, I just love doing this as a hobby.

Thundercat4Life 09-22-2011 12:02 AM

Hey buddy hows my Red Lion-o coming along???

rchrz60 09-22-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercat4Life (Post 17097)
Hey buddy hows my Red Lion-o coming along???

I told you to PM me so that I could get some info from you. I haven't even started yet, but the good news is that I can knock it out in an afternoon and ship it the next day, so please get a hold of me so I can get rolling on this for you.

Thanks

Thundercat4Life 09-22-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchrz60 (Post 17100)
I told you to PM me so that I could get some info from you. I haven't even started yet, but the good news is that I can knock it out in an afternoon and ship it the next day, so please get a hold of me so I can get rolling on this for you.

Thanks

Dont rush I want him nice clean lines etc so time is not an issue for me at all...... Sent you a pm Thanks sorry missed your message about contacting you.... :)

rchrz60 09-22-2011 12:12 AM

I was looking over my repaint today and I am starting to like that better than the actual figure. If you look at the Foot Joints for example, I was able to paint it all the same color and they still move properly (I actually played with mine a little today) If you look at the original he has a flesh tone strip on the boot where the foot flexes, kinda weird. Anywho, just an observation.

Thundercat4Life 09-22-2011 12:20 AM

love It cant wait to hold mine...... ;)

Thundercat4Life 09-24-2011 11:02 AM

Mines Ready :D

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6155/...dee8f7c564.jpg

Thundercat4Life 09-26-2011 06:23 PM

Sooo Excited cant wait to do this?????? :)

http://www.thundercats.ws/members/rc...rrison-181.jpg

rchrz60 09-26-2011 06:53 PM

It will be shipping tomorrow morning on my way home from work, so by the end of the week Lion-O will be fighting "Mumm-Ra" Lion-O. Hope you enjoy!

Thundercat4Life 09-26-2011 11:44 PM

Thank You so much :)