Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Frustrations (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=21834)

krazycp 06-19-2012 03:42 PM

Frustrations

So I sold a Cat's Lair on Ebay for $150 shipped. I just got an email from the seller today that it was broken. He supplied pictures and the front of it is smashed into several pieces. I really do feel his frustration.

I took great care to package it safely and to me it just seems it got smashed up by the USPS in transit. Even though it was a sturdy box with lots of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Even though I marked it fragile.

Most likely I will be found at fault and have to refund this guy his money. Yes, I think he deserves a refund, because this is in no way his fault. But I don't think its fair that I'm out $150 either when the postal service smashed it up.

Either way, there is now one less cat's lair in this world.

Any thoughts?

englishw 06-19-2012 04:16 PM

You didn't happen to pay for insurance, did you? For something valuable like that, UPS with insurance is the way to go.

test 06-19-2012 04:53 PM

Oh man .... That's just horrible.
I'm still yet to find my vintage cats lair as I'm seeking absolute perfection which could take me years to find , but this really saddens me for yourself and the buyer. Those things are so rare because not many kids families could afford them in the day.
Is it completely destroyed ? No chance of any repairs?

krazycp 06-19-2012 05:24 PM

The entire front base is shattered into about 10 pieces.

Ebay already ruled on the case, I have to refund it all. I do get it back though, so maybe I can part it out and try to recoup my costs.

Wish I had just kept the same. I sold it for the same reason as TEST, it wasn't the best condition and I wanted a better one.

CCDustyV 06-19-2012 06:13 PM

UPS is just as bad. the carriers don't care at all. sold an item a while back myself and had to refund it because it didn't make it in one peace... I feel your pain friend.

Madbubbler 06-20-2012 04:46 AM

Hey mate, sending stuff is always a risk for buyer and seller. I had similar experiences with damaged toys. Received AFA75 safari joe damaged, childbro Cheetara AFA85 ( afa case cracked), Childbro mumm-ra moc C9 condition ( card bended, crushed blister), and the list goes on. The worst nightmare for any collector, but i have to say that all toys were packed very carefully in bubble foil and with usage of foam and other good packing stuff, so there is no seller i can blame. So i didn't ask a refund, altough i was very disappointed.

krazycp 06-20-2012 07:17 AM

Yeah, it sucks all around. From what was smashed on the Cat's Lair, it seems pretty obvious that someone slammed/dropped the package really hard OR they piled really high a bunch of boxes on mine and just the shear weight of it smashed it.

I've decided it's not worth to sell/ship that stuff anymore. I hope I can part out what didn't get broke and make back some of my money.

Kregermeister 06-20-2012 11:16 AM

When you get it back how much are you selling it for?

krazycp 06-20-2012 12:45 PM

Not sure, what is the going rate for a smashed up Cat's Lair?

Kregermeister 06-20-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazycp (Post 56283)
Not sure, what is the going rate for a smashed up Cat's Lair?

Free, last time I checked. ;)

Just kiddin bro, I was just curious cause if it was dirt cheap, im sure it would take a few weeks to repair and quite a bit of money, but it maybe something to do at 4AM on a summers night for me lol

krazycp 06-20-2012 03:49 PM

Man, I have some luck!

First I throw away a MOC Claudus and now trash a Cat's Lair. What's next?

Kregermeister 06-20-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazycp (Post 56298)
Man, I have some luck!

First I throw away a MOC Claudus and now trash a Cat's Lair. What's next?

Well dont trash it... you could always donate or sell it, like I said if the price is right I may be interested. Id have to see the damage first though. :)

Tracer 06-20-2012 08:05 PM

Seriously, post pics of it.

krazycp 06-26-2012 11:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As requested:

Kregermeister 06-26-2012 12:22 PM

Looking at it, I could restore the hell outta that thing!! It would take a ton of work and money, but based on the crack lines (from what I could see) I could make it look more like the cartoon than it ever did. LMK your intentions bro!

I really think of all the hands that it could fall into myself and my partner at Thunder-Props could work the most magic and make it the best cats lair ever made! :D That being said, I hope the post office claimed responsibillity and hooked you up with enough to cover your expenses. Shoot me a PM bro!

Lioconvoy 06-27-2012 04:16 AM

Ah, I see why it go smashed, even with your packaging! That Lair has a VERY bad case of "Yellowing". When plastic yellows like that, it becomes VERY brittle, and crumbles easily. Good luck trying to restore it with it being busted up that badly. A couple of Transformer fans have found a cure for the yellowing, though. Check it out.

Photodegradation - Transformers Wiki

Dr Kain 06-27-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 56136)
You didn't happen to pay for insurance, did you? For something valuable like that, UPS with insurance is the way to go.

USPS does not care if there is insurance on it, they will not pay for it. Trust me, I went through the hassle of trying to claim insurance on a package my dad sent me full of GI Joes and they refused to take responsibility for it and compensate for the first that were lost during the delivery process. Their insurance is a fraud.

englishw 06-27-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Kain (Post 57257)
USPS does not care if there is insurance on it, they will not pay for it. Trust me, I went through the hassle of trying to claim insurance on a package my dad sent me full of GI Joes and they refused to take responsibility for it and compensate for the first that were lost during the delivery process. Their insurance is a fraud.

I said UPS, not USPS. UPS is not only more reliable, but they care about customer service and will follow through with their insurance.