Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Plush Thundercats Coming (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=11173)

Joe Moore 01-26-2012 09:04 AM

Plush Thundercats Coming

Underground Toys To Make Plush Thundercats

Ravenxl7 01-26-2012 09:14 AM

Finally, I was wondering when we would be getting some plushes. I'm not familiar with Underground Toys, would these be available at mass retail? (Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc...). If they make a 9" Snarf, he'll be a must-have. Would be cool if these sold well enough that they decided to make some based on the original show. I have to admit, a plush Classic Panthro would be hard to pass-up.

Joe Moore 01-26-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 32408)
Finally, I was wondering when we would be getting some plushes. I'm not familiar with Underground Toys, would these be available at mass retail? (Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc...). If they make a 9" Snarf, he'll be a must-have. Would be cool if these sold well enough that they decided to make some based on the original show. I have to admit, a plush Classic Panthro would be hard to pass-up.

The license was just announced, so no clue on where these will be sold. But keep in mind, it's for the Modern Thundercats only.

IndyCat 01-26-2012 10:27 AM

These are examples of plushes made by Underground Toys. Too bad it isnt like 18" tall for snarf, like the original.

cool though that we get more stuff to collect.

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/sw-plush.jpg

Lody 01-26-2012 01:13 PM

Yet another cool novelty item.

I will more than likely pick these up.

Kregermeister 01-26-2012 01:23 PM

Ehhh..... Snarf and Mumm-Ra would be cool to own, but other than that these would collect dust.

baboco2 01-26-2012 02:24 PM

Who else wants a plush Wilykit and Wilykat? :D

GK Punk 01-26-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baboco2 (Post 32450)

memememe. I was actually considering getting a few custom made haha. I'll just wait for these now.

adssse 01-26-2012 09:39 PM

Cool. I would consider picking one up depending on the price.

DarkKnight 01-26-2012 11:47 PM

I'd love to see a plush fearagor. anyone else?

Ravenxl7 01-27-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 32411)
The license was just announced, so no clue on where these will be sold. But keep in mind, it's for the Modern Thundercats only.

Good point. I was just thinking that, wherever their current products are available at will most likely be where these will also be available. Looked them up, and the only retail locations that currently stock their products and have a location anywhere near me are TRU and Hottopic. Meaning that assuming places like Walmart and Target don't end-up stocking these, than I'll be hitting up TRU.

As for my original Tcats comment, I was just theorizing that any potential for them to gain the license to do plushes of them could rely on the success of their modern Tcats plushes. Basically some theorizing mixed in with a lot of hope for the future.

Anyways, it should be interesting to see how these turn out. Depending on the detail, availability, and price, a Panthro plush might be worth picking up. Especially if they, unlike Bandai, get his colors right.

GK Punk 01-27-2012 01:27 AM

I'd be willing to get the entire Line if it's means a classics like as well.

Ravenxl7 01-28-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyCat (Post 32416)

Saw what I assumed to be these here at Walmart last night, so hopefully that means the Tcats plushes will be too. Though I have to admit, I hope there's at least some that don't have huge heads.

Ravenxl7 12-18-2012 09:36 PM

Sorry to bump a rather old thread, but I recently remembered this bit of news. It's now been eleven months, no word on this since the announcement of the licensing, so...I guess it's safe to assume they chose not to pursue this venture after-all... I would also assume that they probably couldn't find a single retailer that would want to stock anything Thundercats related...:(

adssse 12-19-2012 08:57 PM

Ya, its really a shame. I would have loved to pick these up for my daughter!

Captain C83 01-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baboco2 (Post 32450)

... maybe :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 (Post 67338)
Sorry to bump a rather old thread, but I recently remembered this bit of news. It's now been eleven months, no word on this since the announcement of the licensing, so...I guess it's safe to assume they chose not to pursue this venture after-all... I would also assume that they probably couldn't find a single retailer that would want to stock anything Thundercats related...:(

Damn it >< Maybe they should scrap the idea to use the modern ones and go classic. Get the nostalgia market instead

Carnivac 01-07-2013 05:24 PM

I always get outbid on eBay when trying to obtain a vintage plush Snarf in decent condition so I wouldn't mind a new release at an affordable price. A Ma-Mutt wouldn't be bad either but I can't think of any other characters I would want a plushie of. I'm not that much into cutesifying stuff.