Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thundercats at SDCC? (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=22403)

AlexofThundera 06-25-2012 01:39 PM

Thundercats at SDCC?

This just in: From the ThunderCats facebook page

Quote:

Headed to Comic-Con in a couple weeks? Look for posts all week featuring exclusive ThunderCats items that will be roaring through San Diego. Check back later today for the debut of the first esclusive!
Interesting as it was first reported there would be no exclusive SDCC stuff. Perhaps it is non Bandai related stuff?

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 01:43 PM

Moved into it's own thread. Hiding this in a completely unrelated thread will not get it noticed or discussed properly.

AlexofThundera 06-25-2012 01:45 PM

Cool thanks.

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexofThundera (Post 57030)
Cool thanks.

No problem. Thank you for posting the info.

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 01:50 PM

Have a feeling it's the Icon Heroes Thundertank.

AlexofThundera 06-25-2012 01:56 PM

I agree. The fact they say items how ever has me intrigued.

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexofThundera (Post 57034)
I agree. The fact they say items how ever has me intrigued.

Well, along with Icon Heroes (and Bandai of course), Mezco and Funko have Thundercats licenses at the moment.

Ravenxl7 06-25-2012 02:10 PM

There's also the Mezco mummy Mumm-Ra that, last I knew, was going to be an SDCC exclusive. Would be cool if Bandai had something in the works, but I wouldn't count on it...

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 02:29 PM

I guess they'll be posting it while I am heading home from work. I'll pop on after dinner to see if they uploaded it yet.

nitewing73 06-25-2012 02:51 PM

Well this was unexpected but a nice surprise. Hopefully there is something coming from Bandai. And some announcements made at SDCC.

Nekomen 06-25-2012 05:45 PM

Sounds promising and makes sense.

SDCC should have more prototypes that are ready since they were still in development during Toyfair. Not that retailers cared anyway, but the fans do. So SDCC makes the most sense for info.

If anything. We might see a figure rebranding for the next two seasons. Which would be really smart to refresh the current retail waves and let stores clearance out the old in prep for the new.

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 05:56 PM

As expected, it was the Icon Heroes Thundertank. Updated the news story.

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...after-all-466/

RedisPower 06-25-2012 06:31 PM

Uh...yea?..I guess?

AlexofThundera 06-25-2012 07:07 PM

Yeah and the other exclusives will most likely be OS related stuff by Mezco and company as already said. Only something from Bandai would equal good news for the NS. It's only Monday though so we'll see.

Does anyone know if the official Thundercats FB page is directly affiliated with WB? If so that would be a potential silver lining in that they are continuing to post news and not just letting the FB page go silent.

On a side note it is amazing to see so many people commentating on the Thundertank exclusive and all the memories they have of it from the OS.:D

JASONKAT 06-25-2012 07:44 PM

Now make this into a toy so i can put my 4' action firgures and we're talkin. Other wise only rich people can grab these because i know they dont come in cheap.

Nekomen 06-25-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexofThundera (Post 57062)
Yeah and the other exclusives will most likely be OS related stuff by Mezco and company as already said. Only something from Bandai would equal good news for the NS. It's only Monday though so we'll see.

Between the bedsheets, the DS game, the new licensed toys abroad, the voice actor comment about still recording dialogue, and much more. I think you can safely assume there is a lot of silver linings for the NS. There'd be no point in all that merchandising if the new show wasn't going to air. Since CN seems to have pulled the reruns for now, either it's moving networks or they are waiting until the next batch is ready and planning a catch up marathon or rerun timefram before the new set of eps.

SDCC should be where we'll hear about this though along with whatever new items might be coming our way at retail. SDCC is all about the fans afterall.

Joe Moore 06-25-2012 08:23 PM

WB has already announced their TV panels for SDCC and Thundercats is not one of them.

RedisPower 06-25-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 57070)
WB has already announced their TV panels for SDCC and Thundercats is not one of them.

Well fuck! Now what do we do for answers?

CCDustyV 06-25-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedisPower (Post 57071)
Well fuck! Now what do we do for answers?

simple, anyone with any connection at TC at all at the con ask and stir the questions toward TC. :D

Balgus82 06-25-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Of course not. Even if the show is going to continue, season 2 isn't in production yet. What would they talk about in a panel if they haven't started anything?

Balgus82 06-25-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexofThundera (Post 57062)

Does anyone know if the official Thundercats FB page is directly affiliated with WB? If so that would be a potential silver lining in that they are continuing to post news and not just letting the FB page go silent.

I believe it is. They often had plot synopsis that weren't released elsewhere on the weeks we didn't get previews.

Nekomen 06-25-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

No panel, but any word on a booth or display?
I wasn't expecting a panel anyway. Did they even do one last year?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 57076)
Of course not. Even if the show is going to continue, season 2 isn't in production yet. What would they talk about in a panel if they haven't started anything?

If the VAs are to be believed, it's in production. Outsourced animation like how the new show is done tend to have a different perspective on orders than your typical toon though. Either that, or they were waiting to the very last minute to dub in the last 2 episodes from the first batch of 26.

It just doesn't make any sense to cancel the show though with all the merchandising starting to come out now. It does happen on occasion, but normally with at least a game, the idea is to hit while the property is hot with kids. Otherwise the title won't move at all. So either we'll see that game canceled (which would be a very bad sign for the show), or the show will be back. Ditto could be said about the bedsheets, but those sometimes do come after a show ends on occasion. I'm just kind of surprised they didn't go classic with that then instead if that were the case, or something else more artsy.

Dr Kain 06-25-2012 11:07 PM

Meh, means nothing to me unless it has the word Bandai attached to it.

Joe Moore 06-26-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balgus82 (Post 57076)

Same thing any panel without footage does. Talk about S1, hint at what S2 has to offer. Show art for who will be in S2. QnA with writers and voice actors.

There's plenty that can be talked about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekomen (Post 57078)
No panel, but any word on a booth or display?

Nothing that I have heard. Bandai also hasn't said anything about what they will have on display. Though, there's will most likely be dominated by Power Rangers, since it's the 20th Anniversary of the line and they are really pushing that.

Covenant 06-26-2012 09:21 AM

Any toy company that has new product in the works will have stuff slip out through the cracks. Check eBay for Bandai Thundercats Prototypes and you would normally find all kinds of goodies. Unfortunately since Bandai is not making any new Thundercats product you won't find anything new there. Don't hold your breath for any new items from Bandai in 2012.

Joe Moore 06-26-2012 01:22 PM

The facebook page revealed that another item will be posted later today. Wonder if it will simply be the Mumm-Ra 2-Pack from Mezco?

grune7 06-27-2012 09:01 AM

Back in one of the MTV Interviews Bandai hinted we'd get 8" Cheetara as this years exclusive. I'm hoping they reveal that, plus as a way to get it out, the only unreleased item they hinted at a 6" 2 pack of Kit and Kat