Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   4" Deluxe Slithe (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=11237)

krazycp 01-27-2012 01:38 PM

4" Deluxe Slithe

This is the last figure I need from Wave 2 (I don't think he's shown up in stores yet).

After looking at the pictures online, I am a little concerned that he lacks complete articulation. It looks like the only point of articulation is his shoulders. I know some people are worried his arms will be stuck straight up, but I think they will stay down. But it doesn't look like anything else on his body moves.

I don't really get his gimmick. I think he would be 200% better if he had the same articulation as the lizard soldier and was just packaged as a regular 4" figure.

Bandai should just drop this idea of "deluxe" figures. The only really good deluxe figure was Grune.

Thoughts?

Ravenxl7 01-27-2012 02:42 PM

I'll be really surprised if they don't make a normal 3-3/4" scaled Slithe eventually. Which is why I would recommend that anybody not interested in the gimmick of the Deluxe wait.

Mongor 01-27-2012 03:17 PM

I like the Mumm-Ra deluxe as well as Grune. The others look poor. I'm going to wait for a regular version of Slithe.

IndyCat 01-27-2012 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I created a mockup of with he might look like without elbow articulation and assuming his shoulders rotate manually and not just with the squishing action. not bad, but could be better.

krazycp 01-27-2012 03:42 PM

It just sucks because this could have been a great 4" fig. I think the best 4" figs so far are Grune, Lizard, & Claudus.

RichardC 01-28-2012 12:53 AM

Im looking forward to slithe only problem for me is finding a place that carries deluxe around me

Cat's Pajamas 01-28-2012 09:00 AM

Hopefully he has articulated wrists, but it doesn't look likely, based on the prototype photo. I always hate it when they sacrifice the action figure for the action feature...

RichardC 01-28-2012 10:42 AM

Well in all honesty these are aimed at kids,have to take the good with the bad sometimes, maybe they will do a single card version of slithe latter on down the road

Cat's Pajamas 01-28-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardC (Post 32649)
Well in all honesty these are aimed at kids,have to take the good with the bad sometimes, maybe they will do a single card version of slithe latter on down the road

When I was a kid I hated it too!
:D

krazycp 01-28-2012 01:08 PM

It is funny though, that if you compare them to the 80's thundercat toys they are way better. For instance, people have been calling the Storm Charger Mum-ra a happy meal toy (which he is) but if you compare him to the mail-away mumra from the 80's, they are not that much different. The 80's version just had moveable arms.

Cat's Pajamas 01-28-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazycp (Post 32665)
It is funny though, that if you compare them to the 80's thundercat toys they are way better. For instance, people have been calling the Storm Charger Mum-ra a happy meal toy (which he is) but if you compare him to the mail-away mumra from the 80's, they are not that much different. The 80's version just had moveable arms.

Oh yeah, these figures are way better than the 80's ones. Particularly in terms of the action features generally not imposing on playability. But, it does make Slithe more disapointing for his lack of articulation.