Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Buy Sell Trade (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   FS : Thundercat Prototypes (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=2379)

Wthompson 07-29-2011 10:13 AM

FS : Thundercat Prototypes

Hi All,

Decided to part with some of my extra figures, please let me know if your looking for something in particular for reference on what is possibly available please visit this link :

BEHIND THE TOYS - Thundercats Prototype Collection

Or email me directly ig88collector@gmail.com

Devinebull1978 09-01-2011 07:34 PM

Hi I am looking for a loose Thunderwings Lion-o ...any help ?

Thundercat4Life 09-01-2011 11:10 PM

did you do a Ben-gali? or Jaga?

Lody 09-04-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wthompson (Post 7957)
Hi All,

Decided to part with some of my extra figures, please let me know if your looking for something in particular for reference on what is possibly available please visit this link :

BEHIND THE TOYS - Thundercats Prototype Collection

Or email me directly ig88collector@gmail.com

Where did you get them and where might we have seen these used? Old Toy Fair displays, toy catalogs?

Wthompson 09-07-2011 08:18 AM

Hi Guys

Just getting caught up, sorry for the late reply:)

I have seen Ben gali and jaga some time ago in some fellow collectors collection of prototypes. Most of my items I bought directly from a former employee. I am essentially a prototype collector and have been for about 15 years. I have had a ton of items ranging from the original design for the 18" Alien figure to several prototypes of the 3 " vintage Ben Kenobi, Gijoe , Transformers all kinds of things.

These are pieces of art, some I have are toy fair models, but mainly paint masters. Also have some unprodced.

PANTHRO HOOO 09-07-2011 03:00 PM

So is that Panthro a prototype. Id be interested in trading some motu for it.

Wthompson 09-08-2011 08:57 AM

Hi,

Panthro is the "talking" mock-up example and came from one of the designers from the line. It's got writing on the back for the word “Button” and is non-sonically welded which means he is plastic and falls apart. He does not have internal posts to mount the battle action mechanisms. It does have a COA as well as that one I got in trade but it sold around 2007 originally.

I have had motu items, 2-up tooling for the “ He-Man” torso I did post it once for sale on He-man.org, aside from some pieces originally owned by Roger Sweet ( Creator ) there isn’t much I would be interested in. After about 15 years of collecting prototype toys these are probably the last things I’ll collect and had decided to stop collecting if I can help it. I have about 30+ handpainted hardcopies and approx 45 individual items in total for the Thundercats line so chances are I know something about them. ;)

I've had items shown at Star Wars Celebration III in collectors panels and have close relationships with the founder of AFA and have helped with Prototype photography for up and coming collector guides.

For Motu I do have a modern Evil-Lyn Hardcopy if anyone is interested.

PANTHRO HOOO 09-08-2011 09:34 AM

so how much for panthro? did they ever make the talking one?