Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SDCC 2013 Thundercats Minimates (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=40552)

Joe Moore 06-13-2013 05:44 AM

SDCC 2013 Thundercats Minimates

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/attac...1371120293.jpg
SDCC 2013 TC Minimates

Thundercats Minimates SDCC 2013 Exclusive

englishw 06-13-2013 12:12 PM

MUST BUY! Amazing!

Joe Moore 06-13-2013 01:57 PM

The Mumm-Ra just looks perfect.

booshman 06-13-2013 02:06 PM

Not a massive fan if these things, but this combo could tempt me. Ever living form Mumm-Ra looks pretty decent.

LiarDice Films 06-13-2013 04:17 PM

The set ive been waiting for! Really nice

THUNDER JEDI 06-13-2013 04:28 PM

Did you guys see the packaged images? The set also includes the sword of plundarr, and extra set of hands for mumm-ra, and an alternate young version head for Jaga. This is a must have!

booshman 06-13-2013 07:57 PM

Hadn't noticed the extra stuff. Pretty cool they did young Jaga. Is SDCC the only place to get this or is there any difference to the pack contents if bought elsewhere?

adssse 06-13-2013 08:14 PM

I havent been collecting these, but I am always happy to see new Thundercats merchandise. Seeing these is pretty tempting...

Captn Cracka 06-13-2013 10:22 PM

So i hate to be "that guy" but I contacted Icon Heroes to see if they currently planned to continue on with the Thundercats Minimates line after the release of this as the Thundercats HO series....after thanking me for the support this was the reply,

" Unfortunately there are no more planned Minimates after the San Diego Comic Con and the ThunderCats Ho sets."

So if you are a fan of this line GET THEM NOW!!!! Sales can always influence the future of product lines. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of this line and would love to see it continue.

THUNDER JEDI 06-14-2013 12:20 AM

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that info.

Joe Moore 06-14-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captn Cracka (Post 78060)
So i hate to be "that guy" but I contacted Icon Heroes to see if they currently planned to continue on with the Thundercats Minimates line after the release of this as the Thundercats HO series....after thanking me for the support this was the reply,

" Unfortunately there are no more planned Minimates after the San Diego Comic Con and the ThunderCats Ho sets."

So if you are a fan of this line GET THEM NOW!!!! Sales can always influence the future of product lines. Personally, I am a HUGE fan of this line and would love to see it continue.

At some point, the law of diminishing returns kicks in. After the next two sets, they would need to start scrounging for characters with mass appeal. Sure a few other characters would be a given or cool, but people who just want the main characters will have them all after these next two sets. The sets become less and less appealing and a harder sell. They're already dealing with a double niche market (Thundercats fans who also happen to like Minimates).

booshman 06-14-2013 11:15 AM

If they did a set with Captain Shiner I would be all over it. Maybe Shiner, Safari Joe, Turmagar and Hatchi Man, with Berbil Belle thrown in to finish the Berbils.

Captn Cracka 06-14-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Moore (Post 78119)
At some point, the law of diminishing returns kicks in. After the next two sets, they would need to start scrounging for characters with mass appeal. Sure a few other characters would be a given or cool, but people who just want the main characters will have them all after these next two sets. The sets become less and less appealing and a harder sell. They're already dealing with a double niche market (Thundercats fans who also happen to like Minimates).

Definitely, the sets that are available are the characters with the most mass appeal. Bengali, Lynx-O and Pumyra don't even bring in the "love" that the original cats do. It is just a shame. I was hoping we may see a Lunatak set to finish the whole thing off. It would have been perfect, they could have had Luna as the Mini figure that came with. Unfortunately, Amok probably wouldn't have made the cut. I know the Lunataks aren't huge favorites of Thundercats fans around the world but it would have been nice to FINALLY, see some official Thundercats merchandise of them.

Mongor 06-14-2013 11:23 PM

I would give my left nut for a Lunatak set. Um...Maybe not a nut but something important.

butterflyboy 06-15-2013 12:26 AM

I actually would give a nut. I mean...I have two of those but I have NO Lunataks to speak of.

Lody 06-15-2013 02:10 PM

Disappointing

Didnt need another Liono and Jaga

Will still get them though

soundwavempl 07-12-2013 04:31 PM

BBTS has pre-orders for this set up now too:

Thundercats Classic Minimates Box Set 04 - Thundercats Minimates & Miniatures

LiarDice Films 07-13-2013 05:03 AM

Imagine a Minimates Thunderwings Lion O or Lunlashers Mumm ra twin pack

wes2882 07-27-2013 02:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys! I just got this set in the mail from AFX and I can't tell you enough how awesome it is! Not only does it come with all those Mumm-ra and Jaga extras mentioned before, but it also has an extra chest piece for Grune, featuring the t-cats symbol so he can pal around with young Jaga! It also comes with and extra belt for Lion-o and harness for Panthro from set 1 since those seemed to be plagued with paint issues. Here's some pics!
Wes

sciencefriction 07-30-2013 09:28 PM

Hi, does anyone know what the difference between the SDCC version of this set and the November retail release version? BBTS has two different preorders up and it's confusing. Thanks guys.. love collecting these minimates, I have every set so far. :)

Lody 07-30-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sciencefriction (Post 79478)
Hi, does anyone know what the difference between the SDCC version of this set and the November retail release version? BBTS has two different preorders up and it's confusing. Thanks guys.. love collecting these minimates, I have every set so far. :)

One is available in August

The other November

No difference

sciencefriction 07-31-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 79479)
One is available in August

The other November

No difference

Thank you Lody. I grabbed a set from AFX's site but wasn't sure if there were any differences.

THUNDER JEDI 08-03-2013 03:31 PM

Did any of the other sets come with stands or just this one?