Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats News and Rumors (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Armor of Omens Lion-O in the wild (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=9672)

Nekomen 12-29-2011 06:05 PM

Armor of Omens Lion-O in the wild

5 Attachment(s)
I was at walmart earlier today and ran across the Armor of Omens lion-o figure. They had 3 in stock, but after looking it over, no price tag, and the scanner said to ask an associate, I decided not to buy it.

The packaging had the storm charger on it as a cross sell, and the deluxe flier, the new wave Claudus, new Lion-O, Ever Living Mumm-ra, and new Panthro + the first wave kittens, cheetara and Tygra.

Sorry I didn't get a pic. My cell phone was dead at the time. I might go back and pick it up though. Haven't decided really.

I'm kind of stuck in that tough choice of do I have shelf space for it, or should I wait for a 6'' version of it and mumm-ra's armor.

It's out there though, so happy hunting.

*Edit* Make that two left. I decided to go pick one up. Pics are up now too.

http://www.thundercats.ws/attachment...d-mvc-075f.jpg

You can search for it on Ebay too now. The first auctions of it should start showing up. Like this one if you're impatient. ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/270883506204 )
>.>

Nekomen 12-29-2011 09:13 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Double post because of being updated with pics.

The side of the box also lists new 6'' figures for the modern line.

Tygra, Lion-O, and an all new Cheetara that has ball jointed leges instead of V-Cuts.

DarkKnight 12-29-2011 10:39 PM

nice find:)

Kregermeister 12-29-2011 10:56 PM

VERY cool! I want to pick one up,but with prices dropping insanely, im tempted to wait a bit for anything deluxe in this line. It seems like the figures are where its at in terms of not waiting. 30 bucks though? I'll wait till I can get it for 20.

Lody 12-29-2011 11:44 PM

Soooo...what kind of articulation

stormbringer 12-30-2011 12:40 AM

Now that looks like a cool figure.

Nekomen 12-30-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kregermeister (Post 26296)
VERY cool! I want to pick one up,but with prices dropping insanely, im tempted to wait a bit for anything deluxe in this line. It seems like the figures are where its at in terms of not waiting. 30 bucks though? I'll wait till I can get it for 20.

I paid $26.17 for it with tax at walmart. $23.94 before tax. So literally the extra couple dollars are just for the fees on ebay/paypal.

If you live in missouri though, it's the manchester walmart that had it, and I'm sure others will start getting it soon too. That's why I'm not too worried about selling off the first one I bought. They may have a better camera too to show it off to people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lody (Post 26305)
Soooo...what kind of articulation

If no one buys it, I might open it. I'll let you know then. Right now I just kind of bought it to throw up on ebay. I'm not normally a scalper or anything. I just thought, "Ya know, I'm kind of waivering on buying it, it's nowhere on ebay right now, walmart doesn't seem to be moving em, let's see what happens with an auction." It's not often Missouri is first in sightings for anything. So I thought it might be worth the risk, and if anything I'd at least make my money back.

DarkKnight 12-30-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormbringer (Post 26308)
Now that looks like a cool figure.

yep

Kregermeister 12-30-2011 02:31 PM

No shame it buying a item for ebay. Times are tough and its a gamble. A true scalper buys everything in a store and hoards, buying 1/2 items is taking a gamble, its not your fault if someone wants to pay extra and save time and money.

Im in NY, sadly nowhere but TRU has Tcats, and even they are picked clean

Mongor 12-30-2011 03:45 PM

I went searching for this today before work here in Dallas, TX but sadly no luck. :( I really want this too.

Nekomen 12-30-2011 07:01 PM

I've just been informed that the walmart I got this from is now sold out of them.

Anyone else had any luck finding them? I know 2 other fans so far got lucky. (Both STL ones, one from arnold that messaged me on ebay to know where I got it from... That's how I know that walmart is sold out now. xD He got the last one.)

LordLionO 12-31-2011 04:04 AM

Might have to pick that up, hope this means the new wave is around the corner.

stormbringer 01-02-2012 12:55 AM

Yep I'll probably end up buying this.

nitewing73 01-03-2012 01:21 PM

Nice find. I may pick this up. Thanks for the pics. I will definitely pick up Claudus and the flyer with Captain Tygrus if I see them.

Robogeek1973 01-08-2012 07:39 PM

It looks cool but the lack of articulation is gonna keep me from even considering purchasing it. However if a fully articulated version pops up in the 6 inch line I'll just hafta get it.

supermark28 01-09-2012 05:43 PM

I found 3 of these last night at my local Walmart,really sharp in the package.

DAH Padre 01-09-2012 09:37 PM

I was in Shock. I didn't expect the Armor to be so big! Wow they must drop a Mum-Ra to match!

Joe Moore 01-09-2012 09:46 PM

I'll probably get it simply cause it will look nice on the shelf.

DAH Padre 01-09-2012 10:17 PM

Now I'm a little disappointed. Had no idea there was no leg articulation. :(

Tracer 01-09-2012 11:11 PM

I can't wait to see someone articulate this bad boy.

nitewing73 01-10-2012 11:20 AM

Went to the Walmart near my house no new T-Cats just two full pegs of the singles but the older wave.

No sign of the Armor of Omens yet at the 3 Walmarts I've visited the last few days.

thunderbee 01-12-2012 08:24 PM

Found Armor at Walmart in Dublin, Ohio... Along with claw shield...and pic of my Classic Mumm-ra WITH my homemade cape... ALL found at the SAME location! And Yep, Cheetara 6" was there (but I ONLY do the 4")http://i39.tinypic.com/i55h7o.jpg!

Covenant 01-13-2012 10:58 AM

Tracer gave me a good idea! Maybe the armor pieces can be separated (Dremel?) from the gray body and the armor could fit over a 12" figure with a black body suit (like a Stormtrooper) and get some good articulation that way.

Kregermeister 01-13-2012 05:56 PM

If these ever go down to 8-10 bucks, I will for sure attempt to make a custom one with so much articulation that figures in japan would frown. :)

Mintcondition 01-14-2012 10:35 AM

I don't see why they would make 6 inch versions. If they made these on a 6 inch scale, they'd have to be double the size. The entire reason they made the Armor of Omens so big is because when Mumm-Ra and Lion-O's ancestor got into the armors, it made them giant. They never appeared in a normal size with the full armor on. So if they made these on a 6 inch scale, they would be HUUUUUGE.

Nekomen 01-17-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintcondition (Post 30589)
I don't see why they would make 6 inch versions. If they made these on a 6 inch scale, they'd have to be double the size. The entire reason they made the Armor of Omens so big is because when Mumm-Ra and Lion-O's ancestor got into the armors, it made them giant. They never appeared in a normal size with the full armor on. So if they made these on a 6 inch scale, they would be HUUUUUGE.

Same reason bandai releases 6'' Mecha figures.

We're not talking 6'' scale, but a 6'' FIGURE. It's easier on shelf space, allows for more poses and accessories, and all around is just easier on the wallet. The vehicle one is nice and all, but having a 6'' one would be much nicer to with a 6'' Armor of Plundarr.

As it is though, this guy and the Armor of Plundarr make great opposing sides of the shelf type endcaps.

Mintcondition 01-18-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekomen (Post 31184)
Same reason bandai releases 6'' Mecha figures.

We're not talking 6'' scale, but a 6'' FIGURE. It's easier on shelf space, allows for more poses and accessories, and all around is just easier on the wallet. The vehicle one is nice and all, but having a 6'' one would be much nicer to with a 6'' Armor of Plundarr.

As it is though, this guy and the Armor of Plundarr make great opposing sides of the shelf type endcaps.

But then that wouldn't be show accurate at all.

Nekomen 01-18-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintcondition (Post 31397)
But then that wouldn't be show accurate at all.

Yes it would. Just not scale to the show. Accuracy is determined by how well it matches to the show in detail not in size.

To a kid, as long as it's accurate in appearance, not scale, it's still good to go. That's what imagination is for. Though having a lights and sound chromed out moderately to scale choice is nice.

To a collector, accurate in appearance is what matters, not scale so long as a to approximate scale choice is available. (Even so, this might be smaller than what's in show.)

Scale only matters with characters to each other and vehicles. Bigger things like mechas(like the armor of omens and plundarr are, but magic ones) are moot and still just as show accurate in a 6'' form as they are in a massive form.

This is bandai we're talking about anyway. Scale has never been an issue with them. (See Power Rangers, Ben 10, and any other line.)

So yes a highly detailed and poseable 6'' one wouldn't be that farfetched, or unexpected from them, and would be welcomed.

Tracer 01-20-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintcondition (Post 30589)

ThunderCats 2011 - Armored Leo Vs. Armored Mumm-Ra - YouTube

When the armor goes on Leo and off his body size doesn't seems to change much. Mumm-Ra does appear to get bigger though.

squawkbot 01-23-2012 04:25 AM

Looked too cool to pass up, had to buy or would be regretting it later. AND theyre promissing a Mummra armor later so even more of an incentive