Thundercats Forums

Thundercats Forums (http://www.thundercats.ws/forum.php)
-   Thundercats Toys and Merchandise (http://www.thundercats.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Slithe Deluxe (http://www.thundercats.ws/showthread.php?t=23109)

Mongor 07-06-2012 07:46 PM

Slithe Deluxe

Just wanted to give you all a heads up:
Entertainment Earth has all Thundercats merch marked down, some way down.
I've given up looking for Slithe and decided yesterday to pre-order him from EE thinking they'll never get him anyways. The case is 1 Slithe, 1 Lion-O Deluxe and 1 Panthro deluxe, now for $19.99. Great price.
Anyways I just got the email that they shipped him out to me today, that's less than 24 hours since I pre-ordered him!
Hope this helps some of y'all. Check them out.

LiarDice Films 07-07-2012 03:26 AM

Thanks for the info man. Bandai have a real hold on these retailers though, cause again they refused to ship to the UK. I asked a friend in CA to use his though so fingers crossed

englishw 08-01-2012 11:48 AM

I just received an order update from EE today:

Quote:

Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth. We have been notified by
the manufacturer that we will not be receiving any additional shipments of
ThunderCats 4-Inch Deluxe Action Figure Wave 2 Rev. 1 Set, (Item
BA33030B11), because they have discontinued production of this item at
this point in time. The order you placed for this item has been cancelled
in our system.
*sigh*

princeshoko 08-01-2012 11:57 AM

Yea just got mine too, placed an order with BBTS right after.

englishw 08-01-2012 12:02 PM

Several Slithe's on eBay recently... I think I'm going to take my chances and wait. If I actually *wanted* a deluxe Lion-O and Panthro it would be a different story, but I wouldn't keep them if they were given to me, let alone pay for them. They would be going on eBay right away if I bought a case... and I don't think I'd get much for them. *sigh*

princeshoko 08-01-2012 12:09 PM

yea but $39 for the 3 sell 2 is better then $40 for one if you ask me.

THUNDER JEDI 08-01-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princeshoko (Post 59866)
Yea just got mine too, placed an order with BBTS right after.

I grabbed a case off BBTS too, right after I got the e-mail from EE.

LiarDice Films 08-01-2012 12:23 PM

BBTS has a strict rule to not sent internationally, which is harsh. I ordered that great deal with the Deluxe Slithe then waited and aited until finally cancelled it. And not the terrible news that now more are being made! Will some of these wave 2 figures end up being the 'rarities'. We need a Bandai equivalent of the Thunderwings deluxe packs from LJN. End of line toys that are repackaged differently and released in minority.
Very gutted, as i bet you are English!

englishw 08-01-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princeshoko (Post 59872)
yea but $39 for the 3 sell 2 is better then $40 for one if you ask me.

This is true. I was thinking about waiting and possibly seeing them at Marshall's/TJ Maxx or seeing if a UK buddy could pick one up when wave 2 hits in the UK and making a trade. I don't know. I'm torn. Easily pick it up now and pay a little more or wait and possibly pay less, possibly pay a lot more? *sigh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiarDice Films (Post 59875)
BBTS has a strict rule to not sent internationally, which is harsh. I ordered that great deal with the Deluxe Slithe then waited and aited until finally cancelled it. And not the terrible news that now more are being made! Will some of these wave 2 figures end up being the 'rarities'. We need a Bandai equivalent of the Thunderwings deluxe packs from LJN. End of line toys that are repackaged differently and released in minority.
Very gutted, as i bet you are English!

Yes, it is disheartening to say the least. I've greatly enjoyed the Bandai toys and I've enjoyed shopping for NEW ThunderCats toys in real stores even more! It's sad that those days seem to be numbered. *sigh*

THUNDER JEDI 08-01-2012 04:07 PM

The case+shipping cost is basically retail price+tax. Patience works sometimes, but in most "end of the line" situations, get them as soon as you can or risk paying collector prices days later. How long do you think BBTS is going to have them in stock after people read this thread with the letter from EE stating the figures will no longer be made. Don't let the scalpers get'em all.

englishw 08-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI (Post 59888)
The case+shipping cost is basically retail price+tax. Patience works sometimes, but in most "end of the line" situations, get them as soon as you can or risk paying collector prices days later. How long do you think BBTS is going to have them in stock after people read this thread with the letter from EE stating the figures will no longer be made. Don't let the scalpers get'em all.

Yes, it's basically retail price... IF you want all the figures. For me, the Lion-O and Panthro are useless and they don't fetch good prices. Especially after people buy up the Slithes and then start putting the Lion-O and Panthros up on eBay =o/

THUNDER JEDI 08-01-2012 04:25 PM

That's a good point. There could be some value to Panthro in the future, because he never made it to store shelves and the Lion-o might gain value too since its a wave2 packaging variant. You never can tell.

princeshoko 08-01-2012 05:40 PM

i figured $8 for each of the 2 which would make Slithe $24 which im sure he'll not hit that alone on ebay. But now im thinking stick the 2 back for a year and see what happens while i work on my Silverhawks.

THUNDER JEDI 08-01-2012 06:48 PM

SILVERHAWKS! Sweet! I just scored some really nice figures out at a flee market over in TN this past weekend.

MacheteSquadSteve 08-01-2012 07:58 PM

Got my notice from EE earlier today too. Just placed an order with BBTS and after I got my order confirmation checked back on BBTS to find it sold out. Really glad I got it when I did.

princeshoko 08-01-2012 08:03 PM

I figured the'd sell out fast once EE sent that email.

And as for silverhawks, what part of TN? In near Nashville.

THUNDER JEDI 08-01-2012 08:11 PM

Over in eastern TN. Near Pigeon Forge

englishw 08-02-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacheteSquadSteve (Post 59902)
Got my notice from EE earlier today too. Just placed an order with BBTS and after I got my order confirmation checked back on BBTS to find it sold out. Really glad I got it when I did.

I guess that answers the question I was asking myself as I drove to work today, "Should I go ahead and order that case from BBTS?" *sigh*

princeshoko 08-03-2012 09:28 AM

The've gone into PREORDER status. It may not be to late for you englishw.

LiarDice Films 08-03-2012 02:59 PM

How many forum members actually own the Deluxe Slithe? Was it ever in stores or just online shops? UK stores sadly told me that UK wont be getting wave 2 deluxe figues. I hope thats just B.S. Crazy isnt it because he isnt even a good looking figure

test 08-03-2012 03:12 PM

To give in and buy from eBay or not ? That is the question lol Hmmmm I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the 20 pounds shipping

LiarDice Films 08-03-2012 03:21 PM

I know we are screwed with international shipping arent we. And then BBTs and amazon.com refusing to send to UK

IndyCat 08-03-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiarDice Films (Post 60020)
How many forum members actually own the Deluxe Slithe? Was it ever in stores or just online shops? UK stores sadly told me that UK wont be getting wave 2 deluxe figues. I hope thats just B.S. Crazy isnt it because he isnt even a good looking figure

I have one. Got it from BBTS about a week ago. was never sold in stores as of yet.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...s/d214cbfb.jpg

LiarDice Films 08-03-2012 03:29 PM

Thats awesome. BBTS refuses to sell to the UK so i was never lucky enough to get one Youre luck man. Should have bought a couple!

LiarDice Films 08-03-2012 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The most exciting thing i bought today was the deluxe Sword of Omens! Shows how behind the UK is. And the had to hide it frommy daughter as she wanted to pull out the battery on tag!

Mongor 08-03-2012 04:02 PM

I have one too and he is a great looking figure actually. One of my favs of the entire line.

LiarDice Films 08-03-2012 04:05 PM

Well PLEASE Bandai Europe ship some over here!

Mongor 08-03-2012 04:33 PM

This looks like one of those times where if you want him, you're gonna pay big. (especially U.K.) While I hate to increase business for the scalpers, I don't think this is gonna be like the 6" Tygra. If you want him, do it now before the prices really get crazy. As an owner of one, it is a great looking figure and I love him but I got it from EE for cheap. I can't recommend spending the money you're gonna pay on him. It's not worth it. However if you read that AND STILL want him, buy him now. It'll hurt more later.

LiarDice Films 08-03-2012 04:45 PM

True. Im tempted to ask the factory i speak to in China cause they can get me multiple ones. Unfortunately they're loose and id rather have them in the deluxe packaging.
I think i will just wait to get a reasonably priced Mezco Mumm ra

princeshoko 08-12-2012 07:19 PM

BBTS has gone from PreOrder to SoldOut, guess its official that there is no where to get it but ebay that i know of anymore. Glad i got mine already.

test 08-13-2012 05:10 AM

I caved in and bought the set of 3 from ebay .... my collection is now 100 percent complete apart from the roleplay stuff which I dont bother with..

LiarDice Films 08-17-2012 05:50 PM

Please dont say that Sslythe (Slithe) will become a 'Holy Grail'

THUNDER JEDI 08-17-2012 06:00 PM

Time will tell man. He's hard to find.

englishw 08-17-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI (Post 60831)
Time will tell man. He's hard to find.

Time has told. There are hundreds if not thousands of them. That's not a 'Holy Grail' by any stretch of the term. Hard to find? Sure.

THUNDER JEDI 08-17-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englishw (Post 60834)
Time has told. There are hundreds if not thousands of them. That's not a 'Holy Grail' by any stretch of the term. Hard to find? Sure.

Holly grails originally were made in production quantities, but they were hard to find and got canceled of changed. Twenty to thirty years later, only few can be acounted for. This is what I mean by "time will tell". This figure just got canceled and it never made it to stores. Chances are it will be highly sought after in the future by collectors and might even achieve "holly grail" status. Time will tell dude.

LiarDice Films 08-18-2012 04:08 AM

My reasoning is one that this COULD gain that status purely in the same way other LJN's did, and that is by a 'hard to find' badge being placed on the figure and then people finding these figures and hoarding as many as they can until such time as they feel they can put the odd one one ebay at an inflated price. Ive been told that the Wave 2 deluxe figs will not be released in the UK (maybe Europe) and Canada doesnt look positive either. If the line has been cancelled then who knows. As you say only time will tell. I still bet that the next Deluxe Slithe on Ebay or Amazon is 50usd plus

THUNDER JEDI 08-18-2012 07:52 AM

I agree! Last time I checked, there were none on ebay.

LiarDice Films 08-18-2012 08:28 AM

If major collectible toy retailers on the internet like Entertainment Earth and BBTS tell us they cant get anymore from their suppliers then there must be something wrong.It would be very ironic if the one character,who is still the least MOC valuable by LJN,might end up being a rarity and hunted piece