Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #1003
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Prowl 2009 @ Toyark.com

Quote:
Hey, DC Fans! Thanks to our faithful friends over at The Fwoosh, we have a nice, in-depth look at the first 3 figures in DC Universe Classics Wave 19 (The second last retail wave).

The 3 figures we'll be looking at include:

The Atom (Al Pratt)
Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

For starters, we have JSA member Al Pratt, AKA The Atom. Rendered faithfully to his comic counterpart, this figure features lots of nice, bright colors. He is made up of some existing DCUC parts, but sports new shins due to his short stature. The Atom is smaller than the standard DCUC figure, which works though, since, in the comics, he's only about 5-feet high. He features standard DCUC articulation and comes with no accessories, other than the head and lower torso of S.T.R.I.P.E.

Next on the list is Sandman (Wesley Dodds). He is the one figure I was most excited to be getting in this wave once it was unvailed thanks to MTV Geek (Lord Naga and Stargirl round out my top 3 of the line). I've wanted a figure of Dodds forever and now the wait is finally over! He's made up of parts from DCUC Wave 11 The Question, but sports a new jacket and tie and also comes with his gas mask and gas gun. The paint is great and he has a nice Golden Age look to him. The Four Horsemen even gave him a hook on his jacket so he can hang his gun. Got to love details like that!

Finally today, we round out our in-depth look with Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore). I have to agree with The Fwoosh when I say Stargirl is my favorite female character to come along in a while, at least since Wave 9 Black Canary. She sports a metallic paint job on her cosutme and you've got to just love the look on her face! She has her requisite Star Rod that she borrows from the Jack Knight figure, but this time it is cast in a translucent plastic, almost like it is charged-up. She also comes with S.T.R.I.P.E.'s left arm.

Well there you have it, our first in-depth look at DC Universe Classics Wave 19. Hopefully we'll be getting shots of Lord Naga, Hawkman and Magog soon.

Stay tuned and if you haven't already, subscribe to Mattel's DCUC Club Infinate Earth's today!

http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...ctID=233873400... [Read More]
Original Source: In-Depth Look: DCUC Wave 19 (Part 1) - Toyark.com - Action Figures and Toys
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote