Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #608
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Hasbro 2011 GI Joe Q&A Round 4 Answers

1. Will the Tecno-Viper have the Cobra logo on his chest? Will It be Red or Silver?

1a. Yes - it will be silver.

2. Backdrops to the Joe Universe historically have come to us with playsets. Recently Hasbro gave us the added bonus of backgrounds in the packaging which could be easily shaped and formed into diorama's. My son and I love the playsets and backdrops, but we also like the other small things Hasbro has added to the figures by means of accessories. These items have really helped flesh out the fantasy universe: tiki masks, bear traps, constantina wire, bomb robots, etc... Trust me, there is a lot. For example, when I though I didn't need another snake eyes, you see one with a new mask packaged with him, making it a must have. What is the thought process behind the accessories we get wich don't necessarily have to be character specific, and with the way some pieces are being released are we seeing an unnoficial "build-a-playset" without knowing or realizing it?

2a. When designing a figure, it has always been our philosophy to tell a story with the figure, to let the figure's gear "speak", to shape the character and his mission or role on the team. At the beginning of the design process, when a character has been identified, we take it to the next level and ask some questions. What does he do? Where is the character going? Where has he been already? The answers help us to paint the picture of who this character is, and what role he plays in the G.I. JOE or Cobra Team. Oftentimes, it's the more ordinary or unexpected items which make the action figure, and capture a child or fan's imagination. And its true: the more figures you buy - the larger and more vivid the universe becomes.

3. In a recent Q & A it was stated that there would be more information given on the upcoming 7 packs. Most fans were expecting to hear about these at SDCC, but nothing was mentioned. Are the 7 packs still in the works or scrapped?

3a. The 7-packs are still in the works and are worth the wait! We will be releasing more information soon so stay tuned!
Original Source: Hasbro 2011 GI Joe Q&A Round 4 Answers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote