Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #843
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
IDW's Cobra Civil War was to culminate with the selection of an all new Cobra Commander, and to get the full scoop you'll have to pick up GI Joe #8 tomorrow. In the meantime, if you want to know who the new Commander is, USA Today has revealed his identity:

After the last leader of the underground terrorist organization was assassinated, a "Cobra Civil War" broke out in IDW's trio of relaunched G.I. Joe comics in April. Seven candidates were up for the job, and many battles, sabotaging, backroom dealings and a bunch of casualties later, the new Cobra Commander is unveiled Wednesday in the pages — and on a special scratch-off variant cover — of G.I. Joe issue 8, written by Chuck Dixon with art by Will Rosado.

In addition, USA Today spoke with some of the creative teams behind IDW's GI Joe, and Mike Costa stated the following:

Costa teases that by the end of "Cobra Command," "there will definitely be people who were part of the Cobra organization who are no longer part of it." Also, much like he's done with Serpentor, Big Boa, Croc Master and Crystal Ball, he will be taking another seemingly "ridiculous and unworkable" Cobra character from the old toy franchise and giving them a modern and realistic tweak.

So who is the new Cobra Commander? Read on(at your own risk!) to find out....
Original Source: New IDW Cobra Commander Is.... - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote