Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #1312
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
im a newcomer in this forum, im also a faithful watcher of the new thundercat series. i have read all the pages in this thread and i must say, i agree with most of the complaint of how the last few episodes of the season played out. the most problem i had with the last few episodes were the whole liono/cheetara/tygra thing. i didn't like the outcome of the triangle, and the reason i say this is because from the first episode up until the last two episodes, we the viewers were led to believe cheetara took a liking or an interest in liono. the two over the course of the season have had somewhat of intimate moments no matter how vague it may seem or not seem. cheetara was pretty much the aggressor with touching and kissing. to cut a long story short, in the end of the last episode of the season we see cheetara confess her love to tygra. after the episode that night, i myself could not sleep and not because i favor L/C. i don't engage in pairings, heck i prefer no romance at all in cartoons that i watch. i don't want to talk about things that have already been elaborated on but IMHO, the whole cheetara choosing shouldn;t have happened. i think in these kind of stories or cartoons, romance for the main protagonists should be saved for the ending. for example "Avatar the last air bender" hinted at romance through out the seasons between the main protagonist but wasn't made canon until the end. the problem with this series is that, they are moving way too fast that it has greatly damaged the character development for the main characters. specifically liono and cheetara's character development i believe have been ruined. the close relationship they had or were building have been destroyed for the sake of early romance in the story. the worst part is that early in the series, the producers were developing the characters in a steady and well written pace. i don't want to seem like im ranting but for me the show may have took a turn for the worse by incorporating romance this early in the series.
I agree.

When I saw the TC were going to be on CN, I didn't expect any romances until I saw E1. I knew she liked him, but E4 pushed me to the direction of wanting more from their relationship. The writers were doing it right with them.

After a lot of thinking, I don't think she confess her love to tygra. The writers made it very vague in her dialogue.

Tygra is the one who led into to kiss her.

My brain and heart told me it didn't make any sense at the end of E13. Why waste all those episodes with L/C. I think they did it on purpose.

If T/C is final, I see a lot of people dropping this show, even me. Love is not based on a incident that happen eight years ago.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote