Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #1009
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Over the last few months I have herd a lot of opinions, both good, and bad on why Wu-Tang Clan co-founder the RZA was chosen to play Blind Master in the upcoming GIJOE Retaliation Movie. I'm not a huge fan of The Wu-Tang but I instantly knew this was going to be a good fit for the role. You see, RZA is a huge fan of the martial arts movies that influenced his development of the Wu-Tang Clan and much of their underlying philosophy. Anyone familiar with the hip-hop super-group the Wu-Tang Clan knows that “The 36th Chamber of Shaolin” is essential viewing for any martial arts movie fanboy.

At the Toy Fair 2012 Hasbro GIJOE Retaliation presentation, John Warden let us know he had a conversation with RZA to discuss his action figure for the GIJOE Movie line-up. John seemed impressed by his knowledge of martial arts weapons, as he requested very specific iconic weapons that have been featured in old school martial arts films from years past. One such weapon request was the tradition hat worn in Asian cultures around the world, the "Conical", but more specifically the Golden Conical! Now to most of you GIJOE fans out there on the Tank, this may mean nothing to you, but to the few martial arts fans, including myself who are out there on the boards, I instantly understood exactly what RZA was looking for.....and now for your viewing pleasure I give you the Chinese Super Ninjas, Gold Element Fight!

I know this news story may seem a little bit of over kill just for one weapon, but I personally think this was one of the best action figures we have seen for the GIJOE Movie and I give the RZA much respect for his knowledge of martial arts films, and I know he is going to nail the role of Blind Master

If you liked the Chinese Super Ninjas Gold Element Fight the click the discuss button to check out the Red Ninja Fire Element Fight!
Original Source: GIJOE Retaliation Blind Master RZA Wu-Tang Clan Movie Figure - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote