Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #1020
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
MTV Movies Blog had a chance to speak with Jon Chu this past weekend about GI Joe Retaliation. In this short interview, Chu mentions that his favorite 2 Joes are Roadblock & Snake Eyes(who according to Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, GI Joe Retaliation is centered on).

Chu also spoke about his desire to reinvent the most iconic Cobra character of all, Cobra Commander!

One of the big welcome changes to the sequel comes in the form of Cobra Commander. While Joseph Gordon-Levitt's surprising turn in "Rise of Cobra" was appreciated, it wasn't the Cobra that Chu knew growing up. He wanted to change that.

"There are a couple things I really wanted to do in this movie. One of those things was reinvent Cobra Commander, to do it the way I remember him and take him to the next level," Chu said. "To me, Cobra is one of the most iconic villains of all time. I just wanted to know that was him. I wanted to make him more badass than ever."

Part of making Cobra "more badass than ever" involved starting from scratch with him. "We got to design him from the ground up. Creating the mask, we went through 35 revisions and how his voice was going to be, how reflective it was going to be," Chu said. "He's definitely a huge presence, and I can't wait. I'm sort of trying to hide a little bit, so people when they come don't know what to expect from Cobra, which is sort of the fun part of it."

Check the video below!

Original Source: Jon Chu On Reinventing Cobra Commander - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote