Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #161
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Yes it is, it explains that tygra blames lion-o for her death and it is not only the crown that he resents him for.

It makes tygra's feelings more complex than being mad that he lost his girlfriend.

I like characters having depth. This adds more layers to tygra.
You liking something does not make it true, it's still just your personal opinion. More than that, it is your opinion that it makes him a better character.

Being mad at lion-o about the crown is semi-reasonable given the idea that Lion-o actively chose to be a somewhat lazy prince; being mad at him about their mom is ridiculous. Lion-o had NO way of controlling that (I am aware people ARE sometimes ridiculous, I'm just saying it doesn't make Tygra more reasonable).

And for people that truly feel love or strong infatuation, having the woman you like go for your brother IS a perfectly good justification for resenting him.

Again, I'm not saying it can't be his mom, we just have no way of knowing. And these new layers to Tygra's character do not disappear if he was talking about Cheetara in the AP. Tygra can certainly resent Lion-o for potentially 'taking' both of those women.

But that isn't why I'm fighting, I actually like that theory. The reason I first brought this up is that I saw several posts from you and others 'explaining' that now we know it was the mom he was talking about and it bugged me.

It's a good theory, but it's just a theory. I don't like it when random fans on a message board act like their theory is the definite truth.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-15-2012 at 10:07 PM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote