Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #168
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
I'll go further...

When Tygra and Pumyra both disobeyed and undermined Lion-O 's authority in front of potential hostiles in that last episiode--those events would have NEVER happened in the original series. The older and mature Cats in that series respected Lion-O's position as their king, even before the Trials. If Lion-O made a rash decision, they would respectfully consul him into making the right judgement.

With this new ThunderCats, they all are aware that he's in charge, but they don't respect him. I think it's because they are fellow kids. The only mature one is Panthro and he's played for laughs and the occasional bad-ass moment.

One guy is raised by his elders into a mature adult, leader and king. The other guy is a boy on a road trip with other kids.

I don't hate the new series at all, but it is definitely not the old series. Both series have their weaknesses and strengths. I still think the new series can turn some of these criticisms around, if it can be saved. Hopefully it's not too late.
But at the same time in the OS when the other TCats gave him advise and tried to steer him in the right direction he actually listened to them. In the NS he pretty much ignores any advice they give.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote