Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #186
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
For primetime and a more mature audience it was awesome. But after the move to Saturday mornings the writing did seem to get goofy with Panthro being comedic relief. They probably did the move and dumbed down the show just to drive sales for the toys and it didn't work largely because there were no toys to buy or retailers weren't carrying the product. The show and toys probably should be geared towards adults and collectors.
One thing you have to take into consideration though is that some members on here whom seem to have a lot of insider info on the series state that all the episodes were done before the premier of episode 1. If that is the case then that is quite the blunder as I don't see episodes like the Forever Bag holding up to well in that type of situation. Even one of my favorites of the Kit & Kat episodes, Survival of the Fittest wouldn't have held up that well.

I have always called this thing right down the middle. From a purely business perspective it seems that WB / CN, the writers, producers, and Bandai were not all in sync. They put a show which started off geared towards a more mature audience in a time slot where a older demographic is watching, but released toys mostly geared towards children. Then they realized the mistake, switched it to Sat mornings (which was a good idea IMO seeing how they wanted to drive up toy sales and improve ratings) however now some of the episodes and plots were going way over these children's heads. They couldn't just "jump right in" so to say.

So to sum it up: from the beginning they either had to choose to target a more mature audience with collectibles geared towards them, or a show written more for children with a toy line geared towards them. You can't mix and match as the evidence shows.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote