TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #67
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by si3ge View Post
Saint Phe, i cant understand why you are so adamant that you are right about this. i accept that its POSSIBLE that this is a very cheap variant based on the pre-evil grune, i also accept that its POSSIBLE this is a variant based on a future post-evil grune. i just dont think either of these is LIKELY.
if this is a variant based on a future grune then why are there no actual retailers claiming to stock it? i see wilykit and kat both have hoverboards and weapons that we have yet to see in the show but you can see these things online at TRU/amazon/Walmart. There is no secrecy and we can all assume that Panthro will eventually build them the boards. if grune is a variant then why can i not look this figure up with a seperate item# that clearly states it is an intentional figure?
i dont understand your claim that they CANNOT produce 2 seperate Grune figs as well. they were able to make Lion-o, Tygra and Mumm-ra in both 4" and 4" deluxe. it seems that if 2 Grunes were actually INTENDED then we would see a normal 4" figure based on his original garb where the deluxe would only show his new armor and weapon inventory.
bottom line... yes your claim is POSSIBLE. its just highly IMPROBABLE. especially with Bandai not wanting to talk about it... wouldnt they be up front about something they are proud to offer customers?
lolwut. It was Indycat (you) that was implying that anybody that thinks this is a variant is stupid. And why would retailers announce a variant? Variants also usually don't have a separate item number, and companies like Hasbro are often secretive about variants.

Lion-O and Tygra only have doubles because they needed cheap, underarticulated figures to pack with the thunderracers. Nobody else has an alternate outfit within the 4" line, so why would Grune have one this early in the line? Especially when they could change one tiny paint app to give kids a heroic version. Bandai specifically called it a variant and said they felt like it was in line with the show's story arc. And once again, I'm sure alot of kids would be thrilled to find this, whether you like it or not.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote