Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #33
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Now that you mention it, I too can hear Baker in Kaynar's voice, and Downes voicing Addicus isn't unbelievable. Though if this is true, it makes me worried that both of them are going to be very short-lived characters. Voice actors typically don't voice more than one main character in a show anymore...something I've been hoping would be brought back. Worked wonders for the original Thundercats show, so hopefully this is a sign of the new show bringing it back...
You really don't know how voice acting works these days. VAs get paid the same money if they voice one or two characters. Make that number three, and the official wage doubles... That's why in MOST animated shows, voice actors of main characters always voice more then one character, but rarely three.

Good example is Transformers Animated:

- Corey Burton is the voice of Ratchet AND Megatron (both main characters), and sometimes does Shockwave/Longarm too.
- Bumper Robinson voices Bumblebee in every episode, and also all three voices of split-personality-afflicted Blitzwing (who is also in almost all season 2 episodes).

And I could go on...
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote