TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #37
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
RavenX - sorry, I even edited my post after I made it. Did not mean to sound condescending to you. That 'Haru of the Whatheheck Dojo' guy's post before yours made me see red... I am a big nostalgic fanboy too, but guys like him piss me off. It's their kind of fanboy who wants Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime in every Transformers series ever made, and who whine about Turtles Forever making fun of the 80-ies show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
if that's correct they're paying Kevin Michael Richardson, Dee Bradley Baker, and Robin Atkin Downes an awful lot of money.

Richardson has voiced (so far) Panthro, Lynxo, Sauro, and Anet
Downes is Mumm-Ra, Captain Toonar, and Addicus
Baker is Slithe, Kaynar, Robear Bill, and one of the generic lizards

And I believe I've read Matthew Mercer saying he's going to be voicing a couple different characters too.
Sorry, should have made it more clear - VAs get paid per episode. So if these characters would all appear in one episode. that'd mean extra cash for the VA.

On the other hand, it makes perfect sense that the voice director asks a VA already appearing in the episode to voice an incidental character (hence, Downes voicing Captain Tunar as Mumm-Ra appears in that one too) instead of hiring a whole new actor for the role. They won't have to pay him extra as long as he only voices two characters.

Btw, Kevin Michael Richardson is like, EVERYWHERE these days. Not that I mind it, of course. He is awesome. He appears in every show I watch:

- He was Roadblock in GI Joe Renegades (and his character also had muttonchops!)
- He is Bulkhead in Transformers Prime
- He is Kilowog on the new Green Lantern Animated series
- He is recurring villain Temutai in Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
- He is Martian Manhunter (and others) in Young Justice

And he's gonna be the Shredder in the new TMNT! He sure gets around...

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 03-09-2012 at 02:43 PM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote