TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #42
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
RavenX - sorry, I even edited my post after I made it. Did not mean to sound condescending to you.
Don't worry about it. I do have to admit that my knowledge of modern voice acting is...minimal at best, lol.

Quote:
That 'Haru of the Whatheheck Dojo' guy's post before yours made me see red... I am a big nostalgic fanboy too, but guys like him piss me off. It's their kind of fanboy who wants Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime in every Transformers series ever made
I know the feeling. Cullen is definitely good, and he's certainly the most iconic voice of Optimus Prime, but he certainly shouldn't be the only one to do it. Personally I'm a fan of Neil Kaplan's work in TF:RID, and hope he one day reprises the role.

Quote:
and who whine about Turtles Forever making fun of the 80-ies show...
I grew up with the 80's show, and have some great memories of it, but I can't say that I have much experience with Turtles Forever. However, I can definitely imagine some jokes they could make about the old show. I enjoyed it as a kid, but can admit that it definitely had it's flaws. Some of which could make some good comical references/jokes.

Quote:
Btw, Kevin Michael Richardson is like, EVERYWHERE these days. Not that I mind it, of course. He is awesome. He appears in every show I watch:

- He was Roadblock in GI Joe Renegades (and his character also had muttonchops!)
- He is Bulkhead in Transformers Prime
- He is Kilowog on the new Green Lantern Animated series
- He is recurring villain Temutai in Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
- He is Martian Manhunter (and others) in Young Justice

And he's gonna be the Shredder in the new TMNT! He sure gets around...
He's sort of the modern Frank Welker, imho, and he's definitely a good enough voice actor that he fills the title nicely. While I'm a big fan of Avery's take on Shredder, I'm definitely looking forward to Richardson's take on him.

Anyways...back to Thundercats, it should definitely be interesting to see where they take the two new generals story-wise. Even if it's just a one time thing, I hope we see Slithe, Kaynar, and Addicus bickering amongst each other at some point.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote