TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #299
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Another way is that they were playing with Lion-O to get him to lighten up out of moody mode while also throwing a lesson/stating a flaw he needs to work on. However it got cut short before they could explain their actions.

They are based on cats, which are known to play around by stealing food from each other. Cats when playing will also tease, like when trying to pet one and they dash away a few feet. We can't expect them to act completely 100% human.

Maybe the timing and the place was bad, but Lion-O does need training.
Unfortunately, the show is made for human viewers who will use human norms to interpret the characters.

Plus, even if it was a lesson, it's still a dick move. There's a difference between teaching people something and basically taunting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I saw the lunch taunting as the group playing with Lion-O, and him not getting it, feeling instead that they were all against him. It was childish and the advise was given backandedly, yes, but he has been playing the "I'm the King and things are done my way" card too much the past episodes. They were getting back at him and he was not able to see why.
Maybe if they were so capable, they should use Sight beyond sight to see where to go next. Oh wait, they can't -_-... I'm just going to say this, don't argue with the guy with the mystical macguffin who's inexplicably giving him visions/advice from the beyond. It generally never ends well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
You don't think Claudus as King has never left Thundera, or had any relations with other nations? That hardly sounds right.

Lion-O got lucky. His duties as prince were not spending all day playing with technology. He was suppose to be in their with Claudus and Tygra, learning how to run the military and guarantee the safety of the people he's suppose to protect.
Oh, so we should go back to the, no one question the king format?
Just going to put this out on the table. Thundera under generations of leaders like Claudus and Tygra ended up falling to the enemies it made BECAUSE of leaders like Claudus and Tygra. I think Lion-O is actually the king the cats need right now, a peacemaker rather than a warmaker.

Quote:
Which happened right after, Lion-O made a bad call without having any idea what those two new generals were capable of.
I'm going to have to go back to what I've been saying previously. There is NO WAY the cats should have lost except by author fiat. They've got tons of special abilities on their side, a tank and a frigging guy with robot arms etc etc and they lost to 3 normal animals. Granted, the 3 animals are unique NPCs but I would consider the cats to all be consider unique characters as well.

Quote:
Also what would classic Lion-O do in that fight?
Probably charge in, have the rest of the cats help him and then still win. It was the 80s -_- It was kinda hard if not impossible for heroes to lose back then
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote