TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #370
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
There is no military structure because of bad writing. I'm not saying that because good writers would make it more military, I'm saying that because good writers would choose. This show wants it both ways and that leads to it making no sense. Take The Last Airbender for example, it has a similar setup to this but no one argues the main group is military because they never act military. But in this, they continuously point out the ranks and positions of each character and talk about following orders and such. And then five minutes later they have everyone ignore their king. It is this lack of clarity that weakens the plot.

The ONLY situation where a bodyguard should protect the next in line over her actual charge is if her charge tells her to, or her charge is OBVIOUSLY not able to be saved. That did not happen here; she abandoned Lion-o to save her boyfriend. They make that clear in the episode. You're arguing a point that not even the writers made.

Yes, but the key is the WHOLE SCENE was written badly. The king acted like an idiot for no reason, his people ignored and insulted him, the fight was badly written and involved everyone forgetting their powers, Cheetara abandoned her job for her boyfriend, etc., etc. There's a point where you stop analyzing a scene and just admit the writers did terribly. I still like the show, and I live in hope that it can realize it's obvious potential, but nearly every episode there's at least one scene that seems to have been written by a twelve year old. And in this episode it was the fight on the cliff.

You aren't seriously doing all this because you're a tygra fan are you? I mean, fair enough, but liking a character shouldn't blind you to poor writing. I want Tygra to grow into a great character as well, kind of the Ken to Lion-o's Ryu, but they can do that without writing Lion-o as a punk.
Excellent.

I think they are showing that cheetara can't be a cleric and be the girlfriend of tygra at the same time. Which one will she choose.

We can argue if lion-o made the right choice, but she choose to help tygra and lion-o was by himself. You can say in away he died because of it.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote