TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Well since this was an 8" classics thread I thought I'd opine about the action figures but I too am a big fan of the new Thundercats cartoon. The new Thundercats is still a relatively unknown property although to me it appeared to be a success. I do a lot of competitive sample shopping during the week so I am in a lot of stores and I always check the toy aisles (for Claudus) and other than mummy-form Mumm-Ra there aren't all that many Thundercats on the pegs in northern NJ. I always check on the Sightings Forum and there are barely any new reports. The lack of a cartoon on TV, no television commercials, and terrible distribution has really stifled the Thundercats toy line which otherwise appeared to have some real potential.

A big-ass toy company like Bandai should have had no problem handling the license for both the new cartoon and the old. Mattel seems to be making out just fine with their Masters of the Universe figures. To me they are nothing but repainted, reused molds that have a bunch of crappy mix and match heads but the fans of that cartoon will buy any piece of junk that Mattel puts out whether it's good or not. I was not impressed with Matty's Voltron line either and I passed on it even though I am a huge Voltron fan. I do not like that club B.S.

The Original Thundercats cartoon has legions of (older) fans that are ready to part with their cash for toys and figures of their favorite cartoon. Bandai was promising the release of 2 Classic figures per season so we would have the complete classic team by the end of this year. Now all I have is 8" Lion-O and Tygra bookends and an angry 6" Lion-O by himself. Had Bandai not botched things up we really could have 8" Cheetara and Panthro by now with the Wilytwins on the way.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote