Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #185
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Look at the scene where the queen tells Tygra they're going to have a cub. Only the king, queen and Tygra are there. Who's going to tell him in their retelling of that scene that 'oh, the queen didn't call you prince at that moment'? Claudus? I don't think so. The only one to whom that scene has importance is Tygra and that's why that particular scene at least has to be his own memory. That and the death. The previous scenes where he was a baby was probably retold to him.
again. Just because we're watching a flashback while a character tells a story doesn't mean he's describing every single thing in the flashback. We're seeing what happened as it happened not necessarily how he's telling it.

He's not going to sit there and give a word for word description of everything that was said and done. Do you think he's standing there next to Javan going "and then Father said this. but then Mother said that. and then Father said this. Btw Mother had red hair and a crown of jewels on her head and I was playing next to a toybox that had a mumm-ra doll."

When relaying a story like that you're going to generalize or simplify things. You're not going to have a script to hand them. And as I've said before he was only 2 or 3 years old when this happened. He's not going to remember it clearly if at all and he definitely wouldn't remember exactly what someone said word for word.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-16-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote