TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #26
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
I love the 8in line. but my sentiments are pretty much the same as everyone else seems to be:
*8in Classics were surprisingly fantastic beyond expectations (regardless of known joint/eye flaws, & scale preferences)
*I want more 8in Classic
*I'll buy whatever they put out in 8in
*I feel duped/cheated/tricked/used/&crapped on.
*We as a dedicated fan-base community seems to have been teased & definitively promised multiple times, pushing us out of our 'too good to be true/last' concerns & hesitations; then had the carpet pulled from out feet immediately after getting out pants pulled down; all the while they're still acting as if it didn't happen & they are just as surprised as you.

I've wanted these figures since i saw the original show on tv, and knew then the 80's figures didn't do it justice. So when i saw the 8in in stores to much shocked elation, i was further more confused by the odd scale-choice, but immediately added to my love of the figures, as since i had been dreaming of them when i was much smaller bodied, the figures almost seemed to grow in relative size ratio with me. Resulting in STILL the figure i always wanted, not a comparably dwarfed version.
That being said, if they had just started with the 6in, i'd have little to complain about, but after being overjoyed with the scale, accuracy, &quality of the 8in. I just can't bare to deal with the 6in that in a sense seem partly responsible for the lines almost certain death.

Like most, I pondered long&well over going along with their game & switching to the 'inferior' 6in scale; Inspecting them at stores, reading reviews online, trying to see through the haze of my conjecturing predictions in my crystal ball. but not daring to be fooled again, or commit to the death of the better 8in counterparts, I eventually decided i don't want the 6in period. not even for clearance sale price.
And the more i've heard about them, the happier i am to have stuck to my guns. The 6in have poorer articulation, less accessories, the same + new(screws) aesthetic issues, and are tactically lower quality overall.
Though, without the rest of the gang, let alone villains to battle, it's an empty victory. I simply don't feel doubly stupid.

But
Let's be honest here about the scale-size issue:
It's stupid, JUST PLAIN STUPID
, and probably the main reason the 8in hasn't & likely won't continue; & i say everyone who bitched about scale, instead of just eating the delicious cake (because it was just too big a cake?); are just as if not more to blame than the company decision makers themselves.

Why so stupid you ask? Don't get me wrong, i get the idea of how cool it would be to have all your figures be within one definitive world to interact, but the reality is:
*They're aren't from the same show,
*they aren't in the same styles, &
*even within companies, scaling sizes are undefined, let alone competing companies; so even if they make them all "6 inch Scale", that doesn't mean they will all be in relative accurate scale of one another, add to that, the smaller the size, the more minor deviations in measurement show. So 0.5in in a 12in figure in barely noticeable. but in a 6in figure creates some major diminutizing appearances next to each other.
Perfect example: The "6in" modern Thundercats line look nothing like a 6in scale i've ever seen. and the 6in classics, which were basically changed to appease the harping matty fans, don't even fit in genuine scale with the MOTU/DCU line, let alone being a completely different sculpt&paint style. And are a different size than their own 'same scale' era-counterparts. So REALLY great idea with all that.

Besides, having ALL action figures restricted to one specific size would be as dull & disheartening as if everyone in the world looked and acted the same. BORING BORING BORING!!!

Now we got an uncompleted line with so much potential & excitement behind it, and a scaled down version that comparably nobody really wants genuinely (but are at best settling for it).
The only way to save Classics, and Bandai's own faces it keep making the 8in as the primary line[As promised repeatedly from the start]. Cancel the 6in and learn their lesson, unless they really think its justifiable to continue both (as they've been with the Modern 4in & 6in) and keep everybody happy. But with things already so volatile, just stick with the winning start and recognize they might be bigger, but that's not really a bad thing.

Last edited by ChimmyCartoonKid; 12-22-2012 at 01:25 AM..
ChimmyCartoonKid is offline   Reply With Quote